If Zeppelin united again?

McSeven

What would you want them to do. I personally would like them to do a live rendition of Physical Grafitti. Its diverse to the point where I think Plant would did it. As opposed to doing another greatest hits of Zep material from the other albums. What do you think?

If it were to happen I couldn't imagine them not incorporating music from their entire career together. As much as I love Physical Graffiti how can you have a Zeppelin show without Stairway To Heaven, hits like Rock And Roll and/or Whole Lotta Love and the instrumental jams like Dazed And Confused, No Quarter and/or Moby Dick? Of course if they got back together to go on a polka tour I would still buy tickets.

I think to go out on the 07 show is the way to go...they pulled it off..we have the cd/dvd/bluray coming...let the legend grow ....I mean the Who is 2 guys now and if Paul McCartney sings Hey Jude one more time Ill be sick...what's next Zep at the Superbowl?.....to me Zep leaving at this is the classy way to go...If they did anything maybe an acoustic set in a small venue but ...I'd like to see them go out in style and it seems they have done that.

What I would really like to see happen is for the three of them plus Jason to get into a studio and record. For me they don't have to tour in support of this at all. Even if it was only a three song EP or something along those lines. This would get Jimmy back into the studio to work his magic, as only he can, without putting the others in a position that conflicts with any other projects or obligations they might have. Jimmy isn't getting any younger for sure, and it would be a real tragedy if he passes away with musical gems inside that are never to be heard.

Honestly, I wouldnt mind hearing some new studio material either. A few days ago I said that if the Beach Boys, who for decades had been nothing but a nostalgia act, and hadnt made a substantive studio album since the 1970's, could get together at a very ripe old age, hit the studio and make an album that has been praised as being their best since...forever, by not only fans but critics alike, these guys could easily do the same.

But it goes to willingness. I dont know if their willing to do that at this time.

Personally I would love to see them do some ice skating and a musical based on the Klingon Hamlet.

i just had the most ridiculously amazing visual from this just now. i would watch anything they do! but wouldn't it be cool if they did some acoustic sets again? :) this is all just dreaming of course. But yes I do hope Jimmy makes music again soon

But it goes to willingness. I dont know if their willing to do that at this time.

I don't think I've felt this way before : but at that press conference there was the sense of an ending, for me anyway.

They were there, amid a certain amount of pomposity, lined up, as Robert said, like football managers. Although there was inevitably some laughter and affinity between them, it seemed a brittle and edgy atmosphere . There they were , at the behest of the film promoters - talking about a real and joyful event , but one which happened five years ago.

As was said by grecko1 and sabelstorm, the issue is Jimmy.

He remains a breathtaking guitarist ( as at least one of his cameo appearances showed last year).

I just wonder if this might feel like an end point : and if that could be a good thing ?

if Jimmy was still around performing, whether it's new stuff, or with others as the other 2 are i wonder if there would be as many calls for a reunion. i'm sure there would always be.

but i think there might be less of it maybe.

I think you're right there.

My favourite band behind Zeppelin is Guns N' Roses and my desire for a GN'R reunion is lessened by the fact that both Axl and Slash are out there putting on great shows playing everyone's favourite tunes. Whilst I don't deny a classic line up reunion would be brilliant I'm happy with what there is.

There isn't really that with Zeppelin. Jimmy is pretty much retired and Robert seems to have abandoned heavy rock (although his current band, being pretty much Strange Sensation sound pretty heavy). Although I have to say I think Robert's decision to do what he wants as an artist as opposed to what would sell the most shows real integrity. The guy's obviously having a blast and has a great love of music.

I do think though that there will always be the desire for a reunion, there still is with Pink Floyd. My wish is that I get to see Jimmy do a full show one day, he is the reason I picked up a guitar.

Agreed when I sw Band of Joy that was the happiest I have seen Robert Plant on stage in a long time...he should do what makes him happy. An MSG show is a nice thought but what if it wasnt up to 5 yearsago's standards? Best to leave it. someone mentioned the Beach Boys Look how that just ended up That punk Mike Love "firing" Brian wilson via the press ...ugly...i want to see LZ leave it at one magic show on 07

• 2 weeks later...

I'd want them to work on new music together, but wouldn't want them putting it out under the Led Zeppelin name. If they had any tapes of John Bonham drumming or did some sort of Pro Tools magic, they could do a new Led Zep song, even though I know some fans would be pissed off at the thought of it.

I don't think Robert's closing the door on ever working with Jimmy Page or John Paul Jones, but I think the Plant/Page tours were more than enough for him to have revisited the back catalog.

SuperBowl would be the ultimate sell out, I am still agasp at the Cadillac thing

What's wrong with playing at the Super Bowl? The Black Eye Peas were good when they performed the other year

...just kidding

It just wouldn't be Led Zeppelin without John Bonham, and I think Jimmy, Robert, and JPJ know that

I personally think that the o2 concert was a one off for a good cause, and judging by the way Jimmy outrightly said no to any re-union I guess that they weren't really comfortable with it, without Bonzo there is no more Led Zeppelin, be content with their legacy, and all the various bootlegs out there.

Archived