Announcements for Alison Krauss and Robert Plant

eternal light

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'll make an announcement.... I bought 8 copies of Raising Sand for Christmas gifts this year....

You're welcome Robert, Alison and T-bone.

I kept watching for them to go on sale here and there. I paid 13.99 for one. The rest I got at 11.98 or 9.99 by watching for sales or using coupons.

It really just drives me nuts to pay 18.99 for a cd.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this interview of Robert and Alison on WNYC from October 23. I've searched all the forums to see if it was already here, and unless its under another name, I couldn't find it. But, if it is, I'm sorry to put it up again.

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/soundcheck/episodes/2007/10/23

and some pix of them from the interview

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wnyc/17143310...57594144166421/

I would assume as soon as they're confirmed. It may be they're still working the details out.

Yes. Hopefully they'll confirm the North American tour dates by the end of March, since the shows won't be until June/July. I'm trying to be as patient as possible, but I'm booking my work vacation days around this tour. I need to know NOW!. LOL

*Cough*Cough*

...had an interesting email just a few moments ago...and since I am no longer verboten/banned/a pariah :bagoverhead: for posting a torrent link (but no money exchanged! Ahmet Fund link was posted! No matter! Bad girl! Nyet!) I thought I'd nip over and post an update:

Here it is:

P-K US dates starting April 20 w/ 25th at the 'extra' day just added to the NOLA (New Orleans) Jazz Festival. Over to Europe on 26th. Return to US in June through mid to late July.

Can't tell you where it's from but can tell you it's the goods.

Cheers! :hippy:

*Cough*Cough*

...had an interesting email just a few moments ago...and since I am no longer verboten/banned/a pariah :bagoverhead: for posting a torrent link (but no money exchanged! Ahmet Fund link was posted! No matter! Bad girl! Nyet!) I thought I'd nip over and post an update:

Here it is:

P-K US dates starting April 20 w/ 25th at the 'extra' day just added to the NOLA (New Orleans) Jazz Festival. Over to Europe on 26th. Return to US in June through mid to late July.

B) Thank you for the update.

*Cough*Cough*

Here it is:

I was REALLY excited for about three seconds. I went to look up the CCC (conference on college composition) convention which is in NO, and I thought for about three seconds that these were during the same time! Double whammy---I have to go to both. Damn. The CCC convention is April 2-5..not April 25th. <_<

Found this today online... more Robert on TV! :thumbsup:

LED ZEPPELIN frontman and legendary rocker Robert Plant and bluegrass superstar Alison Krauss share the stage performing their own classics as well as songs from their new album, "Raising Sand", in the next all-new episode of "CMT Crossroads: Robert Plant And Alison Krauss", premiering Monday, February 11 at 8:00 p.m. ET.

Plant and Krauss were recently nominated for a Grammy in the category of "Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals" for the song "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)" from "Raising Sand".

Together, Plant and Krauss combine his rock intensity with her angelic grace for a phenomenal episode of "CMT Crossroads". The two music icons perform songs from their new album, including "Please Read the Letter" and "Rich Woman". The pair performed Alison Krauss and UNION STATION's "The Boy Who Wouldn't Hoe Corn", as well as LED ZEPPELIN classics "Black Dog" and "When the Levee Breaks". The pair also pay homage to THE EVERLY BROTHERS with their version of "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)". Special guest T Bone Burnett, acclaimed songwriter, performer and "Raising Sand" producer, joins in the onstage collaboration.

I read yesterday on the Jazz Festival forum that the official announcement on the lineup is supposed to be Jan 24th. Their forum is at http://www.nojazzfest.com/, but it is hard to navigate and is frames-based, so I don't have a link to the specific thread.

Stay tuned!

Edited to say that I found the link confirming that RP and AK will be at the Jazz Fest:

"Krauss was clearly stunned by how completely Plant adapted to new styles – or, rather, old styles. “When you hear him on a traditional song such as Your Long Journey, and you think this man spellbound the world with how he sang and the way he looked, and there he is singing with absolutely no ego, just taking a supporting role – his love for this music is so obvious.”

She reveals that the pair will be touring in April. The tour is scheduled to start in America, at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, then come over to the UK. More than this, they are already thinking about a second album."

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle3005424.ece

Now, I'm off to book my hotel room and buy tickets!!!

THIS IS LED ZEPPELINS OFFICIAL website------ rounder records official website for raising sand has tour dates of May5-May22------only and as professional artist they do not mark confirmed as they are subject to change.all information posted is complete as the site themselves are international.

Archived