Announcements for Alison Krauss and Robert Plant

eternal light

Am I hearing Robert/Allison singing in the background of a JC Penney commercial during the Oscars?

9:41 p.m. BTW, that's Robert Plant and Alison Krauss harmonzing on the commercial break. A song from their lovely 2007 album, Raising Sand, has already landed in an ad (for JC Penney). I should be upset, but it's a great song, and a nice-looking ad, and Madison Avenue has long since replaced radio as the way to break new music.

blogs.trb.com/music/blog/piccoli

Try to get a ticket to Tahoe!

We'd party in Tahoe! :cheer:

I'd love to, but that is one long ass drive through Nevada. Might as well keep going to Frisco!

Tahoe IS pretty though.

Red Rocks, Denver would reaaaaaaly be nice too.

I might be SOL.

Need to do some research on this.....

I think my dad and I are going to the Lake Tahoe show. It's kinda sad that I'm 21 and I have to take my dad to a concert because my peers have deplorable taste in music. :P

Anyway, I guess I'll just go for it when they go on wide sale to the public. I'll be submitting my request on ticket master the second they do haha. Hopefully my seats will still be okay. I waited until the wide sale last summer when I saw John Mayer and still managed 10th row-ish seats.

I think my dad and I are going to the Lake Tahoe show. It's kinda sad that I'm 21 and I have to take my dad to a concert because my peers have deplorable taste in music. :P

Anyway, I guess I'll just go for it when they go on wide sale to the public. I'll be submitting my request on ticket master the second they do haha. Hopefully my seats will still be okay. I waited until the wide sale last summer when I saw John Mayer and still managed 10th row-ish seats.

See you there, Michelle!

Probably with my mom! ROFL

Any news about a stop in Vegas? I'm still debating what show(s) to attend.

When I checked ticketmaster for upcoming dates, the LA shows aren't listed yet. :unsure: Perhaps because tix aren't ready for the pre-sale yet.

I just got a Raising Sand email saying this....

The Artist presales have closed, but we wanted to remind all of our fans who are American Express Card holders that the American Express Presale does not end until Sunday, March 2 at 10AM. So, if you haven't bought your tickets there is still time to get in on the presale. To purchase tickets you can just click any of the links below and the password is the number on the back of your American Express Card.

It's kinda sad that I'm 21 and I have to take my dad to a concert because my peers have deplorable taste in music. :P

Not a bit of it. My youngest daughter, also 21, is my regular concert buddy. We're going to see P & K in Birmingham England in May & R.E.M. in Cardiff in August. Sharing gigs with her adds to my enjoyment. If we ever get to see LZ together I think I'll exploded with happiness!!!

My other 2 girls have deplorable taste in music but I guess 1 out of 3 aint bad.

Not a bit of it. My youngest daughter, also 21, is my regular concert buddy. We're going to see P & K in Birmingham England in May & R.E.M. in Cardiff in August. Sharing gigs with her adds to my enjoyment. If we ever get to see LZ together I think I'll exploded with happiness!!!

Aw, that's really cool that your daughter is your concert buddy. I've actually never been to a concert with my dad before, although I tried to convince him he wanted to see John Mayer until I realized there was no way he was going to go and I've have to convince someone else it was a good idea.

I'm sure that if Zeppelin did tour my concert buddy would be my dad, though, too. I hope you and me both get to have two generations enjoying them together! :)

Hell, I only noticed now....Alison Krauss has the same name (slightly diff spelling) as that poor victim of the National Guard back in Kent S U (as sung by Young in "Ohio" and the flick "Strawberry Statement")......is there any connection between them??! :( :(

Alison Krause is the girl on your left here.......

may4header1.jpg

Kent_State_massacre.jpg

^^I think you should still try to convince your dad to see John Mayer. That guy is incredible.

I know! He is by far the best live show I've ever been to. His improv and the random covers he does are so amazing. I think he's even better live than studio. The seats I got were incredible, too. Tenth row-ish, and the people in front of me left like six songs into the set. I got the whole stage view. So freaking awesome.

The friend I ended up going with and I had the best time. Ben Folds opened for him, too, and he was so funny.

I keep trying to convince my dad he would like Mayer since he likes blues and Eric Clapton, but he pretty much just calls him "the hippie guy who sings songs about families" because all he's ever heard is "Daughters." :P

My other 2 girls have deplorable taste in music but I guess 1 out of 3 aint bad.

Hey SIBLY I will be at the NIA too B)

I know! He is by far the best live show I've ever been to. His improv and the random covers he does are so amazing. I think he's even better live than studio. The seats I got were incredible, too. Tenth row-ish, and the people in front of me left like six songs into the set. I got the whole stage view. So freaking awesome.

The friend I ended up going with and I had the best time. Ben Folds opened for him, too, and he was so funny.

I keep trying to convince my dad he would like Mayer since he likes blues and Eric Clapton, but he pretty much just calls him "the hippie guy who sings songs about families" because all he's ever heard is "Daughters." :P

10th row! Awesome! I would love to see him live.

And "the hippie guy who sings songs about families"..... Too Funny. Yeah, if your Dad likes Clapton, I think he'd be blown away with John Mayer.

they just released another date for MSG and there is a presale today..i didnt get informed in an email of what the passcode was last time...and i havent gotten one yet for todays presale..does anyone know the code? pleeease help thanks!

thank you!

i was getting a bit paranoid that i wouldn't find it out in time.

Have you signed up on Robert Plant/Alison Krause's website? I just got an email with the pre-sale info. today....this Thursday, 3/20 for both shows (LA & Santa Barbara). :D

OMG!

I can't believe Robert is doing the "golden circle" crap for these gigs.

The email I got from Rounder records has all these "travel Packages, semi cool, sorta cool, and the grand SUPER cool packages."

Some offer the first six rows, others, the first ten rows.

And oh gee oh boy..STUFF!

Sorry, whoever thought of this it smells of corporate greed.. <_<

Think I'd rather put my dough into the Mile High Festival.

Archived