Announcements for Alison Krauss and Robert Plant

eternal light

The email I got from Rounder records has all these "travel Packages, semi cool, sorta cool, and the grand SUPER cool packages."

Some offer the first six rows, others, the first ten rows.

And oh gee oh boy..STUFF!

My fave part was the "Welcome Reception" you get with the most expensive package. I was curious who and where exactly they welcome you. The mayor of the city you pick? Does it happen when you step off the plane? :lol:

ROBERT PLANT's Collaboration With ALISON KRAUSS Certified Platinum

The Robert Plant and Alison Krauss album "Raising Sand", produced by T Bone Burnett, has been certified platinum by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) for shipments in excess of a million copies in the United States. The Rounder Records album debuted at No 2 on the Billboard Top 200 chart following its release October 23, 2007, marking the highest chart position ever for the label. It remains inside the top 40 five months later.

Last month, Plant and Krauss were recipients of the 2007 Grammy Award for "Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals" for the track "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)".

The Grammy Award was the first-ever for Robert Plant as a solo artist after numerous nominations, and the 21st for Alison Krauss.

The two musicians begin their "Raising Sand World Tour" April 19 in Louisville, KY. Dates have been set through July 1, with more July dates to be announced shortly.

Excellent!!! It's a rarity that a cd goes platinum these days isn't it?

Heres a burst of reality to give anyone whos perspective on this is not clear:Mothership went Platinum last year {by less then a month after it`s release} http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2007/12/11 In Fact Led Zeppelin has always gone Platinum : http://www.rock-songs.com/led zeppelin

Heres a burst of reality to give anyone whos perspective on this is not clear : Mothership went Platinum last year http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?XM=/arts/2007/12/11 In Fact Led Zeppelin has always gone Platinum : http://www.rock-songs.com/led zeppelin

Thanks for the news link.

And yes Zeppelin has many platinum records. But this is about Robert Plant-Alison Krause...not Led Zeppelin. I was surprised and happy that their collaboration has paid off in many ways. B)

I was listening to it today; it has some lovely sounds. I even managed to listen to Gone Gone Gone all the way through. That last song (the one about not being able to use anything so she should take it with her) seemed a bit sad, even though it has some wonderful sound quality.

Yes,this is Led Zeppelins official website{ Robert Plant } is the cohesive factor here,rather interesting are the songs Robert Plant choose to add to the Raising Sand project:1.Rich woman,2.Gone Gone Gone,(he sings you better , or ?) 3.Please Read The Letter(again he sings as it was written in 98 maybe things will turn out ok ? ),4.Stick with Me Baby,5. Fortune Teller (Robert said to Tbone wouldn`t it be nice to have a fortune teller as a girlfriend), according to Alison in the Charlie Rose interview Nov.07 , It was she who wanted to add the darker sadness ,as she has in some of her own US cds.So , that`s coming from her. Here is where you can watch that interview :http://www.charlierose.com/guests/robertplant

Thanks for the news link.

And yes Zeppelin has many platinum records. But this is about Robert Plant-Alison Krause...not Led Zeppelin. I was surprised and happy that their collaboration has paid off in many ways. B)

Oh,yeah magical mystical HARMONY like the war ended as soon as they dueted a note together during recording last year (?? led belly 04 ??)

OMG!

I can't believe Robert is doing the "golden circle" crap for these gigs.

The email I got from Rounder records has all these "travel Packages, semi cool, sorta cool, and the grand SUPER cool packages."

Some offer the first six rows, others, the first ten rows.

And oh gee oh boy..STUFF!

Sorry, whoever thought of this it smells of corporate greed.. <_<

Think I'd rather put my dough into the Mile High Festival.

Deleted comment

• 3 weeks later...
Yes,this is Led Zeppelins official website{ Robert Plant } is the cohesive factor here,rather interesting are the songs Robert Plant choose to add to the Raising Sand project:1.Rich woman,2.Gone Gone Gone,(he sings you better , or ?) 3.Please Read The Letter(again he sings as it was written in 98 maybe things will turn out ok ? ),4.Stick with Me Baby,5. Fortune Teller (Robert said to Tbone wouldn`t it be nice to have a fortune teller as a girlfriend), according to Alison in the Charlie Rose interview Nov.07 , It was she who wanted to add the darker sadness ,as she has in some of her own US cds.So , that`s coming from her. Here is where you can watch that interview :http://www.charlierose.com/guests/robertplant

I grew up listening to Gone, Gone, Gone and before I knew it Led Zeppelin had released How Many More Times.

There will be a webcast of this years New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.

It will be the second weekend of the festival and there will be taped performances from the first weekend which Robert Plant & Alison Krauss perform on fri 25 april.

http://attblueroom.com/music/New-Orleans-J...information.php

Though Sheryl Crow is headlining. (Nothing against Sheryl Crow, but :P )

Thanks for the link!

Though Sheryl Crow is headlining. (Nothing against Sheryl Crow, but :P )

Thanks for the link!

I've never really considered an act at Jazz Fest as headliners although the more popular names perform last. I think it may have more to due with schedules, what with Plant and Krauss kicking off a tour and all. Flights out of New Orleans are ok but the choice of flight times are not abundent.

Unless of course they fly a private jet out of Lake Front. :shifty:

Plant/Krauss to rock Austin City Limits

By Ray Waddell

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - The Foo Fighters, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Beck and John Fogerty are among the top acts booked for the seventh annual Austin City Limits Music Festival in the Texan capital next September.

More than 125 acts will perform at Zilker Park over three days (September 26-28). Also on the bill are Manu Chao, David Byrne, the Raconteurs, the Mars Volta, Gnarls Barkley, Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, N.E.R.D., Tegan & Sara, Iron & Wine, G. Love & Special Sauce, Neko Case, Band Of Horses, Silversun Pickups, Gogol Bordello, Gillian Welch, the Black Keys, Against Me!, Spiritualized and Duffy.

The lineup boasts several acts with a Texas connection, among them Erykah Badu, Robert Earl Keen, Patty Griffin and Roky Erickson.

Three-day passes are available for $170, including fees and a print-at-home option, at ACLfestival.com (http://www.aclfestival.com).

Austin City Limits was the fourth-ranked festival in the world in 2007, based on its gross of $11.3 million and attendance of 225,000 from three sold-out days, according to Billboard Boxscore.

Reuters/Billboard

I'm lookin forward to this. I live 10 minutes from Zilker Park and I can't wait to see Robert again. I was really hoping that the Plant/Krauss thing would come to ACL Fest. Its a shame though that alot of the lineup doesn't have much weight. Rather weak (besides Robert and Alison) this year. IMO

There will be a webcast of this years New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.

It will be the second weekend of the festival and there will be taped performances from the first weekend which Robert Plant & Alison Krauss perform on fri 25 april.

http://attblueroom.com/music/New-Orleans-J...information.php

Cool!!! I'll definitely check into it...thanks for the 411! B)

Have fun to those who are going! Let us know how it is! I still haven't bought tickets yet. The Roanoke show (June 2) seems to have plenty of tickets still available; as of yesterday or the day before there were still Row 11 floor seats left as best available ($65/ea). Unfortunately nobody else wants to go with me, and it's 2 hours away on a work night. :( I was hoping they'd add another show closer to home, but it hasn't happened.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...0&start=320

Palace concert was fit for royalty

By Jeffrey Lee Puckett • jpuckett@courier-journal.com • April 20, 2008

Post a CommentRecommend Print this page E-mail this article

Share this article: Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine What’s this?

As their impeccable band swung into "Rich Woman" with an easy flourish, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss took the stage Saturday night at the Louisville Palace to the first of several standing ovations.

Plant, still the god king of rock 'n' roll, strolled out with a quietly confident swagger, his hair in that tangle of curls so familiar to Led Zeppelin fans. Krauss looked like she was headed to a prom in her pink dress, maybe one with "Stairway to Heaven" as its theme.

And when they began singing, it was clear they still felt the chemistry so evident on their "Raising Sand" album, his well-traveled yowl blending perfectly with her pristine voice. There were a few goose bumps, and not the last.

This was the first night of the "Raising Sand" tour but both the singers and the band sounded fully warmed up. Krauss didn't hit a bad note all night, almost flaunting her perfect pitch, and the band, led by T Bone Burnett, was nearly flawless. Plant was Plant, and that was plenty.

Krauss and Plant performed nearly all of "Raising Sand," a handful of Led Zeppelin classics and a couple of songs associated with Krauss' solo career. They also threw in a George Jones cover just because they could.

As expected, the Zeppelin songs drew a huge response -- one guy screamed "Led Zeppelin rules!" barely five minutes into the show -- but they weren't the highlights (although "Black Dog," with the world's spookiest banjo, was pretty amazing).

"Fortune Teller" was better, with drummer Jay Bellerose exploding the song from the inside out, and Krauss broke every heart in the place with "Through the Morning, Through the Night." "Killing the Blues" and "Trampled Rose" were also contenders.

But the most unexpected song might have also been the night's finest. Krauss, backed by Plant, Buddy Miller and Stuart Duncan, soared through an a capella version of "Down to the River to Pray," from "O Brother, Where Art Thou?," that was so beautiful it sucked the air out of the room.

Everyone who went back for Sunday's second sold-out show should be so lucky.

Reporter Jeffrey Lee Puckett can be reached at (502) 582-4160.

Archived