Announcements for Alison Krauss and Robert Plant

eternal light

And I didn't know, so thanks Sunray. :)

Mind you, I hate MySpace, but that's another matter!

I hate it too. My friend made me make a page last summer because she said I was the only one of her friends that didn't have a page. So I did, and I didn't remember I had made it until last week! Now, Robert and Alison are my "friends!" I feel special all over :rolleyes:

I hate it too. My friend made me make a page last summer because she said I was the only one of her friends that didn't have a page. So I did, and I didn't remember I had made it until last week! Now, Robert and Alison are my "friends!" I feel special all over :rolleyes:

:lol:

I joined so I could become my friend's "friend" and post comments on his songs, but I didn't bother making a page or a profile, etc. Then I discovered they'd filled out all sorts of default settings for me, creating a totally misleading profile, and I started getting messages from all this dirty old men wanting to be my "friend," so I quit.

I wouldn't have minded if they'd been good-looking dirty old men. ;):rolleyes:

Edited for speling, since I complain about other people's!

:lol:

I joined so I could become my friend's "friend" and post comments on his songs, but I didn't bother making a page or a profile, etc. Then I discovered they'd filled out all sorts of default settings for me, creating a totally misleading profile, and I started getting messages from all this dirty old men wanting to be my "friend," so I quit.

I wouldn't have minded if they'd been good-looking dirty old men. ;):rolleyes:

talking about me again? :lol:

So no new dates announced, damn, I'm getting anxious to find out the West Coast dates so I can get time off. Our summer time off requests are due in March, Admin Nazis I work for like to control us peons. I'll keep checking back!

Our summer time off requests are due in March,

That's similar to where I work. My summer vacation is also being booked on this upcoming tour! LOL But I've already warned my boss that I'm taking the days off no matter what. :) I'm hoping the rest of the dates will be announced by the end of Feb or at least early March.

So no new dates announced, damn, I'm getting anxious to find out the West Coast dates so I can get time off. Our summer time off requests are due in March, Admin Nazis I work for like to control us peons. I'll keep checking back!

I'm waiting for west coast dates too. I don't have problems w/getting time off but I will be going back east for a family get together in mid July so I'm anxious for those dates too. I'm in California and I don't mind traveling up/down the coast to see AK/RP. I traveled when RP toured in 2005. :)

I was just checking the schedule on my DVR and it said that Crossroads will come on at 1 PM on Monday, Feb. 11. I didn't believe it because it can go crazy at times, so I checked the CMT site. It seems we can watch the show seven hours earlier than we initially thought we'd see it. :D

http://www.cmt.com/shows/schedule/?day=02%2F11%2F08

Tickets for a 2nd louisville date go on sale this friday at noon i bet they sell out just as the first show do. im happy that more peeps will get a chance to see them at this beautiful venue. but i have to admit i was looking forward to seeing them on the first show of the tour and now ive been pushed back to the second night boo hiss

I was searching for something for my father and when I couldn't find it, I found something better to search for and came across this fun interview of Robert and Alison on Spinner. It's from Oct. 30 so it doesn't have any new information on tours or anything like that. Just a delightful interview.

http://www.spinner.com/2007/10/30/robert-p...y-on-new-album/

My favorite part:

I met Pink the other day -- she watched me singing in Switzerland when I played with Arcade Fire and Bjork. Pink watched the whole show from the side and kept smiling and I kept thinking, "That's a nice-looking girl. Who's that?" And then she came up at the end and said, "That was amazing. And what is even more amazing is I know Janis Joplin used to look after you, Robert." That's true. And she said, "Then we'll make a record together." I said, "Too late. I've got my girl and I'm giving up nothing for her." It would've been totally different working with . . . and that other girl, "Jessica Doodle" [Jessica Simpson].

I'm glad he found Alison!

Great article, Sunray!! This is my favorite part--

I can't stand the idea of having once been a firebrand whirling vortex and then give it up for mediocrity and just paddle along through middle age going, "Hey, well, this is what we did." I want to be out there trying things out all the time forever.

That's the Robert I love!

Great article, Sunray!! This is my favorite part--

I can't stand the idea of having once been a firebrand whirling vortex and then give it up for mediocrity and just paddle along through middle age going, "Hey, well, this is what we did." I want to be out there trying things out all the time forever.

That's the Robert I love!

I think that quote should be used as a disclaimer on this site!

Tickets for a 2nd louisville date go on sale this friday at noon i bet they sell out just as the first show do. im happy that more peeps will get a chance to see them at this beautiful venue. but i have to admit i was looking forward to seeing them on the first show of the tour and now ive been pushed back to the second night boo hiss

I'm reeeeeally hoping things work out for me this time around. I definitely know what you mean about changing the opening tour date, though.

I hate to admit my selfishness, but I'm a little bummed about that too. :bagoverhead: But I'm really really really happy to have gotten tickets at all, so it's all good.

A presale for the second Louisville date started today at noon and lasts until 10 AM tomorrow (if I remember correctly), if that interests anyone.

Archived