Announcements for Alison Krauss and Robert Plant

eternal light

In other AK-RP news....in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly with Javier Badem (:wub:) and Daniel-Day Lewis (:wub::wub::wub:) on the cover, there's a short article on the fabulous duo (AK-RP). It's in the music section of the magazine-First Look segment. Apparently they were filming a video for "Pleae Read The Letter", the second single to be releaed from Raising Sand in LA.

It's so funny.....I've been humming that song for the past couple of days. :D

I know, I was supposed to have tickets to opening night. But no, now there's a night before. This is my first concert too. I was going to tell people not only was it Robert Plant but it was opening night. That makes me so mad.

:rant:

Well perhaps they do have a relationship going and are keeping it quiet. Who knows. Im sure Robert must feel some atraction to her. who wouldnt.

They definetly work well together and have great chemistry. Also Robert has gotten involved with some of the women he has worked with in the past so it wouldn't be surprising if he and Alison were together, but I don't think it would be a good idea to mention it publicly right now because it would take away from the tour and the wonderful CD they did together. I think it is best to keep things under wraps and not make a public spectacle of it. They are two very private people and I doubt if you would hear it from them if they were dating.

I know, I was supposed to have tickets to opening night. But no, now there's a night before. This is my first concert too. I was going to tell people not only was it Robert Plant but it was opening night. That makes me so mad.

:rant:

All you can hope for is they perform an additional number(s) as a consolation, or if your a guy, that Alison has a wardrobe malfunction. Don't count on either. I'll be interested to see which night is considered the better of the two.

What was done to the ticket holders in Louisville is an outrage. When you bill an event as

opening night I believe your obliged to ensure it remains so.

But you could look on it as, the folks of Louisville got two concerts instead of one, so twice as many people got to go. Not an outrage from that perspective.

The way I see it is.....a tour was planned, dates were booked, tickets went onsale, they sold like hotcakes, demand was higher than expected and a decision to add dates was made. Adding a show before opening night must have been the only option due to prior bookings by either Plant/Krauss and/or the venue itself.

so.....sold out performances, added dates......this is a bad thing???? Hell no! It can only drive them to add even more dates/stretch the tour further. If demand keeps up, they might actually take this thing out of the Bible Belt. :lol: I'd love to see them come to the Wash DC area but I'm not counting on it <_< ......so... I might have to travel to see this....I hope demand changes that. ;)

^^ Glad to hear that sales are going well, so have all the shows sold out? I am still hoping and praying they come to my area but Knoxville is only 3 hrs south from me but it is on a weeknight. I would definetly have to be off of work the next day, but it would certainly be worth it! The Crossroads special has gotten me wanting more!

For all the Fantasy want it to be.......whish craft.......remember Doris day & Rock Husdson.?.....a romance ......that WAS NOT........aaaahhhhh the Wonders of The entertainment industry & media word mash up.........and this years 50th grammy award show had its lowest ratings ever! but that SHOW BIZ,Kids !

so.....sold out performances, added dates......this is a bad thing????

No, I was just hoping they could get fundamental ticketing and promotion functions

straightened out for once, particularly on the heels of the 02 ballot fiasco.

Peter Grant, Bill Graham where have you gone...

The way I see it is.....a tour was planned, dates were booked, tickets went onsale, they sold like hotcakes, demand was higher than expected and a decision to add dates was made. Adding a show before opening night must have been the only option due to prior bookings by either Plant/Krauss and/or the venue itself.

so.....sold out performances, added dates......this is a bad thing???? Hell no! It can only drive them to add even more dates/stretch the tour further. If demand keeps up, they might actually take this thing out of the Bible Belt. :lol: I'd love to see them come to the Wash DC area but I'm not counting on it <_< ......so... I might have to travel to see this....I hope demand changes that. ;)

I'm wanting the DC area also...figure the more folks that say so???

Besides, with all of the hot air over the city? Need some coolin'!

Just got an email from their website. Some US tour dates have been added...

June 2 – Roanoke, VA – Roanoke Civic Center

June 4 – Uncasville, CT – Mohegan Sun

June 5 – Boston, MA – Bank Of America Pavilion

June 7 – Canandaigua, NY – CMAC

June 8 – Atlantic City, NJ – Borgata

June 10 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden Theatre

June 13 – Columbia, MD (Washington, DC) – Merriweather Pavilion

June 14 – Asheville, NC – Asheville Civic Center

June 15 – Manchester, TN – Bonnaroo

June 17 – Detroit, MI – Fox Theatre

June 19 – St. Louis, MO – Fox Theatre

June 21 – Denver, CO – Red Rocks Amphitheatre

June 23 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre

June 24 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre

June 25 – Santa Barbara, CA – Santa Barbara Bowl

June 27 – Berkeley, CA – Greek Theatre

June 28 – Lake Tahoe (Stateline, NV) – Harvey’s

June 30 – San Diego, CA – Humphrey’s

July 1 – Phoenix, AZ – Dodge Theatre

These are not on the website yet-it's from a mailing list. Hopefully they'll be adding some Texas dates!

Just got an email from their website. Some US tour dates have been added...

June 2 – Roanoke, VA – Roanoke Civic Center

June 4 – Uncasville, CT – Mohegan Sun

June 5 – Boston, MA – Bank Of America Pavilion

June 7 – Canandaigua, NY – CMAC

June 8 – Atlantic City, NJ – Borgata

June 10 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden Theatre

June 13 – Columbia, MD (Washington, DC) – Merriweather Pavilion

June 14 – Asheville, NC – Asheville Civic Center

June 15 – Manchester, TN – Bonnaroo

June 17 – Detroit, MI – Fox Theatre

June 19 – St. Louis, MO – Fox Theatre

June 21 – Denver, CO – Red Rocks Amphitheatre

June 23 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre

June 24 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre

June 25 – Santa Barbara, CA – Santa Barbara Bowl

June 27 – Berkeley, CA – Greek Theatre

June 28 – Lake Tahoe (Stateline, NV) – Harvey’s

June 30 – San Diego, CA – Humphrey’s

July 1 – Phoenix, AZ – Dodge Theatre

These are not on the website yet-it's from a mailing list. Hopefully they'll be adding some Texas dates!

Thanks!!

2 shows in LA; one in SD, 1 in Lake Tahoe......now I'm waiting for Vegas date(s) to be announced then I have some decisions to make. :)

^ You're welcome. I know some of us have been jonesing for dates so I figured I'd do a good deed. :)

They're showing on the website now

Raising Sand US Tour Dates

US 2nd leg tour dates

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss Confirm

Second Leg of North American 'Raising Sand' Tour

Tickets for New Dates On Sale March 3rd

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, whose critically-lauded, Gold album 'Raising Sand' continues to be a top-seller worldwide, have confirmed an additional 17 North American tour dates through July 1, it was announced today. Tickets for the newly announced shows will begin going on sale March 3rd (details below).

Recipients of the 2007 Grammy award for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals, for the track "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)", Plant and Krauss - along with 'Raising Sand' producer and band leader T Bone Burnett - are creating a show that will feature songs from their collaborative release, as well as from the artists' extensive career discographies.

Band members for the tour include Jay Bellerose (drums) and Dennis Crouch (bass) - both of whom played on 'Raising Sand' - as well as Buddy Miller (guitar) and Stuart Duncan (fiddle, mandolin and other instruments). Burnett will play guitar and 6-string bass, as well as perform several songs.

As previously announced, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss kick-off their Raising Sand World Tour in April with a brief run of shows that includes an April 25 performance at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. They follow those dates with eleven shows in Europe and the UK that conclude with a performance at Wembley Arena on May 22.

Ticket information for all of the Raising Sand Tour dates is available on the artist's websites: robertplantalisonkrauss.com, robertplant.com, alisonkrauss.com, and tboneburnett.com.

Confirmed 'Raising Sand' North American tour dates (More Dates TBA):

4/19/08 - Louisville, KY - Palace Theatre

4/20/08 - Louisville, KY - Palace Theatre

4/22/08 - Knoxville, TN - Knoxville Civic Coliseum

4/23/08 - Chattanooga, TN - Memorial Auditorium

4/25/08 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival

4/26/08 - Birmingham, AL - BJCC Arena

6/2/08 - Roanoke, VA - Roanoke Civic Center

6/4/08 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun

6/5/08 - Boston, MA - Bank of America Pavilion

6/7/08 - Canandaigua, NY - CMAC

6/8/08 - Atlantic City NJ - Borgata

6/10/08 - New York, NY - MSG Theatre

6/13/08 - Columbia, MD - Merriweather Pavilion

6/14/08 - Asheville, NC - Asheville Civic Center

6/15/08 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo

6/17/08 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre

6/19/08 - St. Louis, MO - Fox Theatre

6/21/08 - Denver, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre

6/23/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre

6/43/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre

6/25/08 - Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl

6/27/08 - Berkeley, CA - Greek Theatre

6/28/08 - Lake Tahoe, NV - Harveys

6/30/08 - San Diego, CA - Humphreys

7/1/08 - Phoenix, AZ - Dodge Theatre

US 2nd leg tour dates

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss Confirm

Second Leg of North American 'Raising Sand' Tour

Tickets for New Dates On Sale March 3rd

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, whose critically-lauded, Gold album 'Raising Sand' continues to be a top-seller worldwide, have confirmed an additional 17 North American tour dates through July 1, it was announced today. Tickets for the newly announced shows will begin going on sale March 3rd (details below).

Recipients of the 2007 Grammy award for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals, for the track "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)", Plant and Krauss - along with 'Raising Sand' producer and band leader T Bone Burnett - are creating a show that will feature songs from their collaborative release, as well as from the artists' extensive career discographies.

Band members for the tour include Jay Bellerose (drums) and Dennis Crouch (bass) - both of whom played on 'Raising Sand' - as well as Buddy Miller (guitar) and Stuart Duncan (fiddle, mandolin and other instruments). Burnett will play guitar and 6-string bass, as well as perform several songs.

As previously announced, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss kick-off their Raising Sand World Tour in April with a brief run of shows that includes an April 25 performance at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. They follow those dates with eleven shows in Europe and the UK that conclude with a performance at Wembley Arena on May 22.

Ticket information for all of the Raising Sand Tour dates is available on the artist's websites: robertplantalisonkrauss.com, robertplant.com, alisonkrauss.com, and tboneburnett.com.

Confirmed 'Raising Sand' North American tour dates (More Dates TBA):

4/19/08 - Louisville, KY - Palace Theatre

4/20/08 - Louisville, KY - Palace Theatre

4/22/08 - Knoxville, TN - Knoxville Civic Coliseum

4/23/08 - Chattanooga, TN - Memorial Auditorium

4/25/08 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival

4/26/08 - Birmingham, AL - BJCC Arena

6/2/08 - Roanoke, VA - Roanoke Civic Center

6/4/08 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun

6/5/08 - Boston, MA - Bank of America Pavilion

6/7/08 - Canandaigua, NY - CMAC

6/8/08 - Atlantic City NJ - Borgata

6/10/08 - New York, NY - MSG Theatre

6/13/08 - Columbia, MD - Merriweather Pavilion

6/14/08 - Asheville, NC - Asheville Civic Center

6/15/08 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo

6/17/08 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre

6/19/08 - St. Louis, MO - Fox Theatre

6/21/08 - Denver, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre

6/23/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre

6/43/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre

6/25/08 - Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl

6/27/08 - Berkeley, CA - Greek Theatre

6/28/08 - Lake Tahoe, NV - Harveys

6/30/08 - San Diego, CA - Humphreys

7/1/08 - Phoenix, AZ - Dodge Theatre

I got the email alert for Plant and Kraus about all of these upcoming dates, and pre-sale info. Of course the dates that I am interested in- like Atlantic City and MSG in NYC have no pre-sale information attached to those venue dates of June 8th and June 10th. Anyone know why? Do they go on sale March 3rd as well.

Archived