What Are You Listening to on the Radio?

Charles J. White

Nice thread!

I'm a radio person, I'm literally always listening to something on the radio, I must have it on the background and when I'm on the move it's podcasts I listen to.

This wasn't always the case, I spent the previous decade a newspaper person :)

I actually listen to very little radio frequencies, most of the time I stream the audio via the Internet from various countries of the world:

WXPN

CBC

Choix FM

RMC.fr

RTL.fr

Radio Continental

ADN radio

La premiere rtbf

Cadena Ser

When the Internet didn't exist I tuned in to shortwave stations, something that my father taught me, he always had a shortwave radio at home and at times he'd catch broadcasts in Chinese or from Cuba. I seldom listen to radio I don't understand, which means, for instance, that much of German or Russian radio is out of my reach.

BBC Radio Merseyside. This morning a Live Broadcast from Liverpool Pier Head where a choir of over a thousand people will make a world record attempt at singing The Beatles "Love Me Do" to celebrate the 50th aniversary of said song's release as their first single.

BBC Radio Merseyside. This morning a Live Broadcast from Liverpool Pier Head where a choir of over a thousand people will make a world record attempt at singing The Beatles "Love Me Do" to celebrate the 50th aniversary of said song's release as their first single.

Apparently over 1600 turned up to sing, a record (so it was reported on television)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived