The Big C takes another one and Zep comes through for me again!

MINI_Zoso

Move on, quickly, unless you don't mind some rambling.

At 4:35 this morning my Dad lost his battle with cancer.

Led Zeppelin is "MY" greatest band in the world!!

I remember hearing about John Bonham's death. I was at a friend's house, he was a big fan, spent hours on his guitar learning Stairway to Heaven. The news made me imagine a stairway to heaven, I could see John walking up the steps with his drumsticks in hand.

I saw my father walk those steps this morning.

I always liked Zep but back in the 70's and 80's it was Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band for me with a healthy dose of AC/DC. So, at the time John's death did not mean much to me. Many years later, for reasons I don't recall, I heard Caroselambra for the first time. First thought was "hey, I like that". Then "who the hell is playing that?" That was the song that made look deeper into this band. I always loved music but it was on the radio, in the background, something at parties. Led Zeppelin is something I listen to. It is "something" to me.

Led Zeppelin is what I wanted, no, needed to hear this morning!

They aren't just a band. They aren't just music. They are not God's. They are the greatest, as I discovered, because of something for everything!! They are not a rock band, nor a jazz band or blues. They are Led Zeppelin!!

Yes, I have Zeppelin playing right now!

Why am I here? On this site! Typing words to people on the internet just hours after losing my Dad?!?!?!

Because most, if not all of you understand!

If no one reads this, so what. That is not my reason for doing this.

Don't worry. I'll be with family all day. They are all at their homes getting some rest right now so I'll head over later. For now Zep is keeping me company.

brb...need more kleenex...

So, I've played them when driving that gorgeous twisting country road in the fall with the leaves at their brightest and now while sitting here mourning the loss of my Dad.

They have me covered for all occasions! Whatever mood or situation I am faced with. If I need a musical fix Led Zeppelin has it covered.

My Dad won 3 previous battles with cancer and survived a massive stroke. I hope I have even a fraction of his strength!

Rest in peace Dad...I love you.

Thank you Zep.

I remember hearing about John Bonham's death. I was at a friend's house, he was a big fan, spent hours on his guitar learning Stairway to Heaven. The news made me imagine a stairway to heaven, I could see John walking up the steps with his drumsticks in hand.

I always liked Zep but back in the 70's and 80's it was Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band for me with a healthy dose of AC/DC. So, at the time John's death did not mean much to me. Many years later, for reasons I don't recall, I heard Caroselambra for the first time. First thought was "hey, I like that". Then "who the hell is playing that?" That was the song that made look deeper into this band. I always loved music but it was on the radio, in the background, something at parties. Led Zeppelin is something I listen to. It is "something" to me.

They aren't just a band. They aren't just music. They are not God's. They are the greatest, as I discovered, because of something for everything!! They are not a rock band, nor a jazz band or blues. They are Led Zeppelin!!

Why am I here? On this site! Typing words to people on the internet just hours after losing my Dad?!?!?!

Don't worry. I'll be with family all day. They are all at their homes getting some rest right now so I'll head over later. For now Zep is keeping me company.

So, I've played them when driving that gorgeous twisting country road in the fall with the leaves at their brightest and now while sitting here mourning the loss of my Dad.

They have me covered for all occasions! Whatever mood or situation I am faced with. If I need a musical fix Led Zeppelin has it covered.

My Dad won 3 previous battles with cancer and survived a massive stroke. I hope I have even a fraction of his strength!

Thank you Zep.

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Sorry for your loss...I am probably not far away from similiar loss...Remember also Zep, especially Robert Plant is one who knows what loss is like of the worst kind...so knowing that gives me a push to get through things as best I can...

Sorry to read this news MINI_Zoso. I went through a similar situation with my mother many years ago.

It's a tough road, and in the end I found relief knowing my mother's suffering was over. My thoughts are with you.

Thank you Zep.

Beautifully written. Cheers to your Dad.

Truly sorry for your loss. I lost my mom recently, also to cancer. My prayers are with you. Zeppelin has also gotten me through the worst-and best-times of my life. After I lost my mom, I found myself listening to "In the Light" a lot, thinking of her. Please know you are not alone.

as jabe said, i hope you can take comfort in that his pain is now over.

it takes time to get over this kind of thing. i lost my mum to cancer in 1975, and i still think of her at least once every day.

i am happy for you that zep is helping you out right now.

sending good vibes your way ....

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad, MINI_Zoso. I'm sure you're very sad, but think of all the good times, you spent in the past with him. So can never be erased. I've had some family losses over the past couple of years as well. It's not easy, but staying and thinking positive are the keys. Be well and my thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and loved ones!

My condolences on your loss, the passing of a parent is devastating at any age and a glimpse at our own mortality. I too lost my father to cancer, however it was back in 2004. At the time it was Robert Plant's Dreamland which pulled me through, especially Song to the Siren and Darkness, Darkness, those two really resonated with me. When we had the funeral though I picked a rather unusual song for the end of the service, Poe's Fly Away. To this day whenever I hear Fly Away I think of my father and break down, it just holds so much emotion for me.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Do whatever gives you comfort. I am sure most people on this site have taken comfort in a Zeppelin album at various times in their life. I wish you and your family strength in the days ahead.

So sorry for your loss. You're very smart to talk/write about your Dad, as the biggest concern when we lose someone is that the lost loved one will be forgotten. So, expressing this is very therapeutic whether you realize it or not. We've got broad shoulders here in Zepp land, so don't be shy!

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Peace

Thank you Zep.

I'm sincerely sorry for your loss, I lost my Mum and Dad within 6 months of each other. I took solace in an Al Jolson CD I had bought them, when I feel down even now over 3 years afterwards I still play the CD and I think back on good times all singing along at the top of our voices way out of tune! My thoughts are with you and your family.........Joe.

Mini Zoso, I'm sorry for your loss. Glad you've found some comfort in music.

I lost my brother and a dear, dear friend earlier this year, another friend a few days ago, and Friday was the 2 year anniversary of my ex dying. Not much to do but keep on keepin' on and enjoy as much love, life, and laughter as we can.

RIP to your dad and condolences to you and your family.

Archived