What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

Today I no longer live in a hoarders paradise as all my daughters stuff is finally moved out to her own place.

I'm tired and sore.

Last I saw, your daughters move had been held up and I was going to ask you if in the end, it had all worked out. Sore or not, I'm glad it has :)

I ate lunch at a delicious Turkish restaurant in my neighborhood, then went to the Frick museum to see some late Medieval/early Renaissance art...had to stand in line as I went during the "pay what you wish" hours, but it was a short line and an interesting exhibit...sadly did not run into Jimmy Page, who has been in NYC the past few days for some reason...

I decided to show my son that I'm not as old as he thinks, and really pushed it on the mountain bikes - now I'm laying in bed aching all over, and afraid I can't walk in the morning but it was worth it just to hear him say, 'dad you are in pretty good shape for an old guy'...

Picking up the pieces of an ended 7 year relationship.

Since I have no clue whether I should be happy or unhappy with the way I feel right now, I just post it here.

Any suggestions how to get a bit more sane, or how to "amuse" myself in this situation are always welcome.

Sorry to hear that man. Can't offer you any advice as I have never been in that situation. I'm sure you have great mates who will get you through it?

I found out how important real friends are, the last two weeks, and especially who are and who aren't real friends.

Sorry to hear you are going through some tough times reswati. Glad you found who your "real" friends are though! ;)

:console2:

I found out how important real friends are, the last two weeks, and especially who are and who aren't real friends.

Since I have no clue whether I should be happy or unhappy with the way I feel right now, I just post it here.

Any suggestions how to get a bit more sane, or how to "amuse" myself in this situation are always welcome.

It is going to take Time. Time can do almost anything. Time heals. And is strengthens,. I have been there. I will get better. But unfortunately its going to take some time. Anything you can do to distract yourself would help.

so sorry to hear this, reswati :(

the only advice i would give, as i don't know you well enough, nor the situation, but i would just say to keep a cool head at all times. show dignity. keep your head up. by that i don't mean not to show sadness, just don't let yourself be overtaken by sad/ugly thoughts. i had an ex turn really nasty after i broke up with him, and all it did was make me even more glad i left him, and i had absolutely NO respect for him after that. in other words, take the high road. if you still see her/talk to her, you can still tell her how you feel, but play nice - you won't regret it, i promise you :)

and go out with your good mates, have a few good times - i know you will do that :)

^^reswati, I am also sorry to hear this.

slave to zep said pretty much what I would say. I don't know the situation, but find at least one thing you have a passion for and spend more time doing it. You will go through many emotions, but keep your head high and time does have a way of easing things. If you need to talk there are many of here that care about you and you are welcome to send a PM.

Reswati,

I am sorry to read about the end of your relationship. I can understand how you are feeling because seven years is quite a lengthy time by today's standards. I agree with what all the others have said on the board, but want to offer a bit of practical advice. Try to fill up every moment of your day by doing something e.g. going out to the cinema, art galleries, museums. Try this for a week - it would mean that you don't have time to sit thinking about your relationship. As long as you get out of the house.

As for finding out who your true friends are, I would advise not to allow those who have let you down so badly back into your life. Life's too short to waste on these people. Give yourself some time to recover before embarking on a new relationship - don't jump in for the sake of having a partner in your life.

I enjoy reading your posts on the site, and all I can say is that your former partner has lost someone who is intelligent, well informed and witty.

Very sorry to hear this reswati. Yes, time does heal but trusted friends with your best interests at heart can be helpful too. Not a good time to do anything rash though. Sit back and allow yourself some time to heal before making any. That may sound a little lame but I think it's sound advice and advice that I've learned to listen to the hard way. Wishing you nothing but success and future happiness