What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the 50th Anniversary March on Washington. It was a beautiful day, but I was not terribly impressed with the organization of the festivities. Going back downtown on Wednesday for the actual anniversary. The speechifying will be by much heavier hitters than today (although John Lewis never fails to impress). Hope the weather turns out better than they are forecasting.

I had a wonderful time in Providence, RI at the WaterFires. 2 girlfriends from high school and I try to do fun things every 6 weeks or so.

I highly recommend checking this out if you're ever in the area.

post-13388-0-51924300-1377401863_thumb.j

Edited by planted

These are really dark, but I think you can get the jist.

There is music piped in all around the waterfront along with various artists doing their thing. Musicians, magicians, you name it.

Oh, and there's food!!! We had dessert at the Cheesecake Factory: carrot cake cheesecake for the birthday girl Vicki and I, and Tam had a caramel pecan thingy. I've added a pic of the three of us.

post-13388-0-64982200-1377402011_thumb.j

post-13388-0-93346400-1377402106.jpg

post-13388-0-27931600-1377402290_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

Today, I purchased a winter coat from Wal-Mart. It seems early, but, if you want to get the color , and size you want, then, I guess now is time to get the best selection. The store did not even have the size I wanted, with the color I desired, but, I was able to order the coat online ( the shipping was under a $1).

Edited by The Rover

Playing Golf today. It's a beautiful late summers day. Sans clouds and sans breeze. Temp @ 20 just perfect. It is the final of the Tuesday competition and I up really up for it. Also I may, If I have time, pick the ripe, sweet Damsons which line the 18th fairway. I had a few the other day and they were incredible