What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

ebk, thanks for that information. It was kind of you to respond so promptly. I'd previously heard the "winter in San Francisco" quote but I didn't know Twain had said it. I seem to remember you mentioning in another thread that a niece of yours lived in Oz. (Sydney?) Anyway, I hope she has a wonderful time here in the States.

My niece lives in Brisbane. And today, we are spending the day shopping! Possibly a movie and dinner.

Did I mention she's 15? I haven't spent a lot of time with 15 year olds...suggestions from anyone? :)

My niece lives in Brisbane. And today, we are spending the day shopping! Possibly a movie and dinner.

Did I mention she's 15? I haven't spent a lot of time with 15 year olds...suggestions from anyone? :)

I'm not a 15 year old girl...I don't even play one on TV...but might I suggest a day of frolicking at the beach, maybe rent some beach cruiser bikes to ride around in? Then at night take in a show...maybe take her to see the musical "Wicked"? Follow that up with a post-show nosh of coffee and tirimasu or cake and ice cream or whatever dessert you prefer.

If the beach is out of the way for you, maybe take her horseback riding at your local equestrian center. I have never met a girl who didn't love horses.

Good luck and have fun this weekend, E!

Thanks for all the suggestions, Strider. Fortunately though, she's staying with another aunt and uncle who happen to have 3 teenage girls who oddly enough, don't like shopping. Hence I was tasked with showing her a good time at the mall :) We also had dinner at PF Changs (a chain restaurant I can stand to eat at), and then saw Maleficent, which we both enjoyed. She is now back with the cousins and I am recovering on my couch!

Framing a couple of pictures, practicing the drums, cleaning up yard clippings, heading to McDonald's for internet and a softy cone, then off to the Thai restaurant for dinner, and back home for a movie with the little lady. Whew! :)

Took my leftovers from dinner and once again gave it someone on the street, this evening had a bonfire until about 40 minutes ago

Charles J. White, what kind and compassionate thing to do! :wub: What a beautiful heart you must have! I'm sure that person's belly thanks you, and as a fellow human being, I thank you! :kiss:

Charles J. White, what kind and compassionate thing to do! :wub: What a beautiful heart you must have! I'm sure that person's belly thanks you, and as a fellow human being, I thank you! :kiss:

It is something I started to do in recent months, when I go out shopping, if I buy myself something to eat, I'll order 2, and give one away to a street person, or if I'm at dinner, and there is left overs, instead of it going in the trash, I ask for a doggy bag, and give it away to a street person, Something small like that, if many many people did it, perhaps we wouldn't have the starving people we have? Instead of looking for government to do stuff, I think we as individuals can do a lot to change the world into a better place. I'm not into pie in the sky stuff, just real stuff which actually works that is easy

It is something I started to do in recent months, when I go out shopping, if I buy myself something to eat, I'll order 2, and give one away to a street person, or if I'm at dinner, and there is left overs, instead of it going in the trash, I ask for a doggy bag, and give it away to a street person, Something small like that, if many many people did it, perhaps we wouldn't have the starving people we have? Instead of looking for government to do stuff, I think we as individuals can do a lot to change the world into a better place. I'm not into pie in the sky stuff, just real stuff which actually works that is easy

That's wonderful Charles J. White! I wish others were as compassionate as yourself. :kiss:

Spending the day with the godson, whose birthday is this week. Treating him to all sorts of goodies, hopefully watch the U.S. beat Belgium later this afternoon, and then meeting up with his dad and going to the Dodger game.

It's our wedding anniversary (19 years) today :inlove:, so I am taking Mrs CP to a French restaurant up in the hills this evening.Taking the train which weaves it's gentle way through glorious countryside. It's a warm evening so we can sit outside with some wine and settle for 3 courses of tastiness. Report tomorrow

It's our wedding anniversary (19 years) today :inlove:, so I am taking Mrs CP to a French restaurant up in the hills this evening.Taking the train which weaves it's gentle way through glorious countryside. It's a warm evening so we can sit outside with some wine and settle for 3 courses of tastiness. Report tomorrow

Congratulations to you and Mrs. CP!!! Hope your evening goes wonderfully!

:drinks:

Mazel tov! Sounds like a fabulous evening. Enjoy it!!

Congrats! Just passed 20 years myself about 10 days ago

I wish I could say it was a culinary delight!

My food was quite appalling. My starter of Pheasant Terrine was tasty enough, but the salad had no dressing and there was no chutney. A few slices of french stick was all I got with it and to add insult the butter was a wrapped portion like you get in a motorway service station. I had to ask for some fig chutney which was a bit sweet.

The main was inedible: A "traditional" Alsace dish of white cabbage with smoked belly pork and some sort of sausage, cooked in Juniper and white wine and garlic. Fuck me it was like eating toffee in a salt veg. The pork was rock hard and tasteless and the sausage was the same but with such a salty taste. Mrs CP feared the worst but I was polite and said " I ordered the wrong thing" On question I replied too salty and too sharp from the Juniper and the meat products were like bullets.

Mrs CP's dinner was fine - so she said. She had a starter of smoked Eel with Duck as the main

The wine was ghastly. A Cab Franc/Merlot red blend from Bordeaux - they only serve wine from France, and the white was, I can't remember where from, room temperature. I NEVER drink French wine and this has not tempted me to change

We retired to a pub where I had an excellent real ale until our train home

All in all a desperately disappointing food evening but we had a good time up in the hills and the weather was warm to sit out. We said on the way home we should have gone to the excellent Thai restaurant across the road.

Edited by chillumpuffer

I disconnected myself from all electronic/digital devices after I posted Tuesday morning, so I didn't see your post until now...so happy belated anniversary to you and Mrs. CP!!! :toast: