What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

It's our wedding anniversary (19 years) today :inlove:, so I am taking Mrs CP to a French restaurant up in the hills this evening.Taking the train which weaves it's gentle way through glorious countryside. It's a warm evening so we can sit outside with some wine and settle for 3 courses of tastiness. Report tomorrow

Congraulations Chilli, about the meal well, Mrs CP enjoyed the food and that is what matters on anniversaries. :drinks:

Thanks for all your thoughts guys.

Today after breakfast I am making another batch of Thai Red Curry Paste. Then the in laws are dropping in for lunch and when they shift it's to the course for a round of golf with Mrs CP. Just getting used to my new Ping irons. She is making a seafood Paella for dinner this evening. Yum Yum

Congrats on your anniversary, CP! Sounds like you made a great memory, and the train ride and sitting outside are lovely touches.

Today, a boat ride on the river with family, with a stop at a waterside restaurant for lunch. Tonight, going to see Get the Led Out at the Hard Rock.

So you are in Florida this time of year? You sure do get around

No Rick. The Kennedy Center in Washington DC. You may be thinking of Kennedy Space Center in Florida...

"Side Show" is a musical based on Daisy and Violet Hilton, Siamese Twins in the late 20's/early 30's. And it was a really good show. I hope they are able to open it on Broadway.

No Rick. The Kennedy Center in Washington DC. You may be thinking of Kennedy Space Center in Florida...

"Side Show" is a musical based on Daisy and Violet Hilton, Siamese Twins in the late 20's/early 30's. And it was a really good show. I hope they are able to open it on Broadway.

Indeed I was. I have been there, to Florida, not DC. You missed a heck of a game. And a nerve wracking one

Indeed I was. I have been there, to Florida, not DC. You missed a heck of a game. And a nerve wracking one

That game was long enough that we listened to it on the way home (got in the car just as the O's had the meltdown in the 7th), then watched the end after we got home.

Beautiful day again today so am taking to the course for day 1 of a 2 day competition. Mrs CP tees off just before my @ 12. Getting used to my new Ping Irons. Today could be the day for carding that one round of the year :smiley_pray:

Maybe going out for dinner this evening with some chums. If not, sitting in the garden, chilling and feeling happy/sad after the round

I went walking around the city today, exploring this 'n' that...one highlight being the Bradbury Building on 3rd and Broadway. Famous from "Blade Runner", "D.O.A.", "White Cliffs of Dover" and many other films.

post-1470-0-56261600-1405155660_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-35149500-1405155707_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-37746300-1405155756_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-54346300-1405155801_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-28440800-1405155843_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-97847300-1405155878_thumb.jp

Thanks to my extraordinarily intelligent daughter, eh hem, I got to see the Magna Carta today at the MFA Boston.

I can't even begin to describe the emotions I had just looking at a piece of paper with writing on it. Resting not 10 feet from it was the Declaration of Independence, and 5 feet in the other direction was JFK's speech from September 11, 1958.

The Magna Carta is almost 800 yrs old. I didn't know that!

We also visited the Ancient World exhibit. Some of these reliefs, artifacts, and statues are from as far back as 21and change BC.

Makes me wonder what anthropologists will say about us 1,000 or 10,000 years from now.

Couldn't happen to a nicer girl!

Hope your summer is going well, E!

Mr. planted says hello also!

Awww...thanks sweetie! Hello back to Mr planted!!

Hope you enjoy Petty! Is it the concert at Fenway?

I unexpectedly got today off from work, so I'm going bicycling down at the beach. Going to ride the complete Santa Monica to South Bay Bike Path...44 miles round trip.

Which means I've better get going, as I've got plans tonight as well.

TGIF to you all!!!