What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

I take it you didn't like your job. Couldn't hang with the carnies or what? :lol:

Lol. Actually, there were a lot of good things about the job. I made some good friends. But many of the patrons were "rough sorts" who would get rowdy (and often drunk) and verbally abuse, threaten, and occasionally physically assault our staff members. (including our female staff members.) Also, some of our bosses were "questionable characters." Finally, I have vivid memories of continually having to clean up little kids vomit from the various rides which I operated: The roller coaster, the topsy turvey etc, etc.

Awww...thanks sweetie! Hello back to Mr planted!!

Hope you enjoy Petty! Is it the concert at Fenway?

Actually, we are seeing Petty in Portland. Not into the Fenway concert thing, though I 'get it'.

Besides, Portland is a great little New England town that I've yet to explore.

I'm packing for a trip down to Colonial Williamsburg and Virginia Beach. I also plan to re-visit Jamestown, Yorktown, (maybe) Busch Gardens, and one of the country's largest waterparks.

Edited by Pagefan55

Heading off for NYC for an extra long weekend!!

Have a great time, dear!!

My daughter and I were just talking about the city last night, actually. There was a piece on a news show about Katz' diner I think it's called? Where the famous scene in 'When Harry met Sally' was filmed. You know the one ;-)..

You should have nice weather!

Have a great time, dear!!

My daughter and I were just talking about the city last night, actually. There was a piece on a news show about Katz' diner I think it's called? Where the famous scene in 'When Harry met Sally' was filmed. You know the one ;-)..

You should have nice weather!

Katz's Deli... indeed I do know it. Been there a couple of times, but we don't go often since it's a bit out of the way from where we stay/play.

On the train right now going home from a fabulous trip to NY. I highly recommend all 3 shows we saw: Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill, Pippin and Violet. I particularly enjoyed Violet

I was supposed to go to a folk festival in Whitehead but it had rained off so after a trip out to the shopping centre with my chum, we just headed back home and watched The Tudors on DVD, hopefully the weather will pick up in the morning so I can get back into outdoor archery.

Arrived at the camp in the mountains late Frida night. Was stretched out on the back deck staring at the shooting stars for 2 hours and went to sleep. Saturday morning woke up at the camp, went for a 1 hour bike ride with the kids to the beach, and swam in the ocean for 2 hours and after biked back to the cottage. Saturday evening went for a long walk along the ocean. Sunday morning woke up and went for a 4 hour paddle, and Sunday evening went for a 2 hour hike in the mountains which is where I took the photograph of the moose that I posted in the Photography section. Monday returned home, and went for a jog with the dog and felt mentally burned out at some point late Monday night listening to music. I needed do something on the weekend to stay active and burn off some energy and used the music to recharge the batteries and think about this coming week. That is when I decided to move forward with my photo exhibit that I’m definitely going to do.

well its Friday from 17-45hrs till 00-00hrs in work, so till the finish of work it well be than weekend for me than I`ll be all out music, music to happy times...

Good luck with work! I haven't worked at night in 2 decades since I was in school, don't miss it at all. Going to a gig tonight in a local pub in town, Hal Bruce is playing and invited me to it. Hoping he does his cover of You've Got To Hide Your Love Away.

Good for you ebk! :)

I'm sitting in a hotel room at Clearwater Beach, waiting for the thunder/lightening to pass by so we can get back out there!

Yay vacation! Even if it's raining, it's still vacation :)

Clearwater Beach is lovely. Enjoy yourselves!

Slobby day today. Mrs CP is painting some doors upstairs, I am watching some Cricket. Maybe have a round this afternoon should the weather stay dry. Tonight dinner at friends over the hill from us. Always cooks great food so I will bring wine and some green. Then battening down the hatches for tomorrows arrival of ex Hurricane Bertha.

Edited by chillumpuffer

My archery club is taking part in a village fete a few miles away from where I live, so I'm gonna pop down for a nosey.

I cannot help with the running of it though (I'm not qualified enough) but I did hear that there is a waterfall nearby so I'll be taking the camera down too as well.