What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

Zoe, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of maths are you studying? Personally, I began to "hit the wall" when I reached advanced calculus. I once had a roommate at university who loved advanced math -- I remember him studying Calculus III, Finite Math, etc.

I'm only at the end of my first year so have been doing a lot of pre-calculus stuff, I'm maybe a couple of weeks away from moving onto proper calculus. Hopefully I won't hit any walls! I've read Calculus for the Practical Man, which is the book Feynman learned it from. Obviously I didn't have all the foundations in place but I managed to work some of it out. So I'm hoping I'll manage it now that I'm taking the proper steps.

Calculus for the Practical Man by J.E. Thompson

http://physsocyork.co.uk/notes/J.%20E.%20Thopmson--Calculus%20for%20the%20practical%20man.pdf

Chilling out with my tartan blankie around me, we had a wonderful 4 days away in York for my mums 60th

Did the problems with your sister regarding the location of your mum's party get resolved SozoZoso?

Going to see Paula Poundstone at the Birchmere tonight.

I'll never forget seeing Paula Poundstone shopping at Albertsons. :)

By the graciousness of CP, I am going to Peter Hook's Joy Division/New Order concert tonight at the Fonda. May all your darling buds bear sweet fragrant smoke.

Edited by Strider