What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

I had my 2nd archery competition earlier today. My scoring wasn't too bad, I got just 10 points less from my previous competition score but there were a few reasons behind that.

Firstly, trying to use a kisser button like this one pictured on a sore, dry, cracked lip...not comfortable and I kept moving position which did affect the final outcome which did not help. Towards the end I thought that the kisser had flayed off half the skin on my lip. Normally kisser buttons are made of soft plastic but mines is smothered with superglue as the bugger keeps flying off and landing half way across the walk.

dsc_0145_w640.jpeg

Secondly, even though I was a tad nervous at the line at first, I was there for a bit of a laugh, but that was until I made the mistake of seeing my points half way through the competition.

My whole attitude changed...I became way too hard on myself to the point of scolding myself for not getting higher scores instead of focusing on the target. So with that embedded in my mind, I forgot about the "shoot and enjoy yourself" and instead was scold, scold, scold and focusing too hard on the point system instead of the shoot itself.

On the plus side, I didn't get any misses and most importantly my chum (who does archery at our club and we have been best friends since we were very young) She came first in her category and got a medal for it..i'm so chuffed to pieces for her.

in maybe 2 hours we are heading into the city for the Christmas tree lighting, going to be singing some Christmas tunes with the rest of the people on the street tonight some dinner, the Mrs made me a Blueberry pie which is gluten free. Right now just listening to some internet radio in my office:

post-4074-0-47997000-1417286086_thumb.jp

It is the first of December, which means I can crank my "Houses of the Holy" remasters for the first time! Since November was the anniversary of IV's release, I spent the last days of October and all of November listening to my IV box. Now I can bust open "Houses of the Holy".

in maybe 2 hours we are heading into the city for the Christmas tree lighting, going to be singing some Christmas tunes with the rest of the people on the street tonight some dinner, the Mrs made me a Blueberry pie which is gluten free. Right now just listening to some internet radio in my office:

attachicon.gifKeep Calm.jpg

Love the retro phone! :)

Gonna venture into the unknown........which is into the loft to hunt down that bloody Christmas tree. I maybe some time, who knows...if I don't re-emerge, send in a rescue team.

Good luck Christmas tree hunting, SozoZoso!

It is the first of December, which means I can crank my "Houses of the Holy" remasters for the first time! Since November was the anniversary of IV's release, I spent the last days of October and all of November listening to my IV box. Now I can bust open "Houses of the Holy".

Major discipline, there! Enjoy!!

Love the retro phone! :)

It's actually so retro, that it was manufactured in 1970! I was travelling through New England in the Mountains of Maine and New Hampshire and found it one summer day day at a yard sale on Route 27 I believe near Stratton. I'm not sure why, but I collect a lot dumb things like that phone. The best part is that is actually works. I had the wiring setup in the wall for it. It weighs a ton, but it feels great in my hand unlike the shit made in China today.

It's actually so retro, that it was manufactured in 1970! I was travelling through New England in the Mountains of Maine and New Hampshire and found it one summer day day at a yard sale on Route 27 I believe near Stratton. I'm not sure why, but I collect a lot dumb things like that phone. The best part is that is actually works. I had the wiring setup in the wall for it. It weighs a ton, but it feels great in my hand unlike the shit made in China today.

Great story! Glad you are actually using the phone. I remember having that kind of phone growing up and not only was it heavy, dialing was a workout!!

And I didn't overlook your coffee mug, nice! These are my UK mugs, bought for me and my son who will oblige me with a LZ tune on his guitar every now and then.

post-26295-0-42924900-1417495827_thumb.j

Edited by Ddladner

Great story! Glad you are actually using the phone. I remember having that kind of phone growing up and not only was it heavy, dialing was a workout!!

And I didn't overlook your coffee mug, nice! These are my UK mugs, bought for me and my son who will oblige me with a LZ tune on his guitar every now and then.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Beautiful set of jugs, err, I mean mugs, Dd. Love how they include the Danelectro guitar! Going to have to search for those so I can get a set for myself.

Beautiful set of jugs, err, I mean mugs, Dd. Love how they include the Danelectro guitar! Going to have to search for those so I can get a set for myself.

Lol...you can find them on good ole Amazon. They ship from the UK so (unfortunately) the shipping costs more than the mug! :o

But some things are just worth it!!

Last night was the hockey game, a fun time out with the family. The best part I turned in my lower bowl tickets for nosebleed seats so my kids could jump up and down (and me) and cheer there asses off without people behind us telling us to sit down. It was a great night and a solid 5-0 win

post-4074-0-03820700-1417873539_thumb.jp

Edited by Charles J. White

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Those mugs are AWESOME!!! I want them!

I was at my first 3D archery Christmas shoot today with a chum of mine. Had great fun shooting at life size animal targets (I'm glad they weren't real as I would never entertain the thought of shooting real animals as I am a animal lover and I do not like blood sports), ate mince pies and saw loads and loads of people, I think we all had a blast.

I enjoyed it that much that first of all, two of my arrows pierced a 3D bears "gentlemens area" (NOT from the below photo, that picture was from another round)...I got some worried looks from some of the guy archers there mind you...then I accidentally shoot a turkey target right through the head while I was aiming for another target behind it (I think that was great practice if zombies ever cam back to hunt us down) then finally, I managed to shoot another 2 arrows through a tiny 2" gap while trying to aim for a deer while it sitting on a plinth. I could never do that again no matter how hard I tried, even though I wasn't scored for that...I believe that was my first ever trick shot! I was way impressed with myself

post-19782-0-80817200-1418508902_thumb.j

Edited by SozoZoso

I was at my first 3D archery Christmas shoot today with a chum of mine. Had great fun shooting at life size animal targets (I'm glad they weren't real as I would never entertain the thought of shooting real animals as I am a animal lover and I do not like blood sports), ate mince pies and saw loads and loads of people, I think we all had a blast.

I enjoyed it that much that first of all, two of my arrows pierced a 3D bears "gentlemens area" (NOT from the below photo, that picture was from another round)...I got some worried looks from some of the guy archers there mind you...then I accidentally shoot a turkey target right through the head while I was aiming for another target behind it (I think that was great practice if zombies ever cam back to hunt us down) then finally, I managed to shoot another 2 arrows through a tiny 2" gap while trying to aim for a deer while it sitting on a plinth. I could never do that again no matter how hard I tried, even though I wasn't scored for that...I believe that was my first ever trick shot! I was way impressed with myself

attachicon.gifbear.jpg

That sounds like a lot of fun, SozoZoso, and I thought about you when I saw this cool video...

Many thanks for sharing the video Ddladner, those guys fairly know their stuff.

It's just a pity that I don't have a huge garden or live near an open field where I can try something like that.

Edited by SozoZoso