What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

• 5 weeks later...

Currently laying on the floor of my room, beside my speakers, my toes digging into the carpetting and the vibration of the bass on the floor filling my chest. Right now it's Pink Floyd's 'Echoes', before it was Foreigner's 'Starrider'. Next.....? Something hard, boomy and Bonham-y. I could probably stay in this spot all day but I'm going out for a steak later. :)

I've been bitten badly by the art bug and taken up sketching after so many years of not drawing.

I've managed to get a set of oil pastels and planning later on doing some sketches whilst listening to a mixture of Led Zep, Bowie and Fleetwood Mac on the headphones.

If they're that good, I might even try to sell one or two, though to be honest, I've never tried to attempt to sell any of my stuff but I have been "advertising" them on Facebook.

Whilst on the subject of art, I'm currently un-employed (still)... but would you say if I was a "un-employed self employed artist" or did I make that whole job title up??

I'm not long home from attending a 3 hour meetng/workshop about learning interview techniques. This is part of a scheme to get me back into work.

A lot was covered and yes...a lot of did make sense and I did find myself nodding my head in agreement BUT....no matter how tailor

made your CV/resume is, how fantastic your body language/vocal skills are yadda yadda etc....the overall job situation in Northern Ireland in general is frankly, pathetic.

It's a bit like getting yourself all dolled up but nowhere to go.

I'm still thinking of going self employed. I have a few ideas but I'm gonna need a miracle for them to take off.

I'm not long home from attending a 3 hour meetng/workshop about learning interview techniques. This is part of a scheme to get me back into work.

A lot was covered and yes...a lot of did make sense and I did find myself nodding my head in agreement BUT....no matter how tailor

made your CV/resume is, how fantastic your body language/vocal skills are yadda yadda etc....the overall job situation in Northern Ireland in general is frankly, pathetic.

It's a bit like getting yourself all dolled up but nowhere to go.

I'm still thinking of going self employed. I have a few ideas but I'm gonna need a miracle for them to take off.

The one thing I look for when interviewing potential employees is this , will they interview me about the company I represent?

I look for confidence.... qualifications, background and education, are what they are...but confidence is unmeasurable. Go into the interview with the intent to interview the interviewer. They should be lucky to have you as an employee, and arm yourself with the reasons why.

Stuck indoors as there is a suspected pipe bomb at the top of my street. The police are there, there's tape right across the street blocking off traffic and also the TV news camera crew are there right now.

All fun and games here...

Edited by SozoZoso