What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

^^^

Damn Paul. Sorry you were knocked out...but hardly surprising given your diet of Burger King and Mountain Dew. :P

Just kidding...welcome back and hope you're right as rain and back to your ol' chipper self. Baseball season and the NHL/NBA playoffs are almost upon us and it wouldn't be the same without you, PC.

Had a lovely dinner with my sister and 2 friends, then went to the theatre to see Blithe Spirit with Angela Lansbury. The play is a piece of fluff, but the cast and production was amazing. Dame Angela is a national treasure.

10d3da47-4ddc-4b45-8c9a-d318671291a9_zps

• 3 weeks later...

Busy busy Friday. Had to sort out some work business and fix a computer issue at Mrs CP's office.

Went to the village for supplies - a very pleasant cycle ride, then made a Wholemeal loaf, marinated some chicken thighs for tonight's Tandoori. I am having a brief lunch then I am making an Aloo Gobi in a Makhani sauce to accompany the aforementioned chuck. When that is done I will be mowing the lawn and finally Mrs CP wants to get on the golf course after work, so we will slip in 9 holes. Phew, I will be ready for a large glass off Rioja and a tidy bifta of green to mellow into the weekend after all that !

Didn't wake up until 10am, so I got a late start to the day. I only have a couple hours of free time before having to go see the Rodgers & Hammerstein "Cinderella" musical at the Ahmanson at 1pm. I could either do laundry or hit the farmers market...I chose the farmers market. It has been a couple weeks since I last went and I am low on fresh fruit and veggies.

I didn't have time to do a thorough shopping run, but just got some of the basics I like to have handy...greens, broccoli, beets, carrots, various beans and mushrooms, avocados, strawberries, spices. Unfortunately by the time I got to the market, my favourite farmer had run out of blueberries.

I have just enough time to do some record shopping before "Cinderella". No need for lunch, as I snacked on all the free samples at the market...apples, tangelos, oranges, berries, hummus and pita chips.

After "Cinderella", it'll be straight over to Hollywood for the closing night of the Film Noir Festival for a 4-film marathon beginning at 5pm. That should end by 11 or so, and I'll spend the rest of the night catching up on the Sunday sports highlights and finish reading the Sunday Times.

Edited by Strider

I hope you left enough time to have a few drinks before Cinderella :D

Looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Don't worry E...I always schedule time for a drink or two. I'll be at the theatre no later than 12:30 or so...the subway stops a block away from the Music Center. So I'll have time for a glass of wine.

^ Nice! Sounds fun!

Just hanging out today after being out late last night at our school's fund raising event. Nice to see a lot of people we've known for a long time and sprinkle in some new ones! Fun night.

As the weather is so glorious and our course is having the greens done, a few chums and I are playing a McKenzie designed course near me. He is the same man who designed the Augusta National. It is a magnificent course to play especially with his trademark greens, and I am really looking forward to it.