What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

i have to work on a freaking term paper about the founding fathers. my history teacher is a total freak about all this old stuff. nobody really cares abuot anymore. my girlfriends sister is going to write the report because she likes history and im going to pay her 50 dollars.

i have to work on a freaking term paper about the founding fathers. my history teacher is a total freak about all this old stuff. nobody really cares abuot anymore. my girlfriends sister is going to write the report because she likes history and im going to pay her 50 dollars.

Your Mum still working 2 jobs to stay off Welfare? Maybe you should write you own report and treat your mum with the $50...

Helping BD hang wall paper.... :(

Your Mum still working 2 jobs to stay off Welfare? Maybe you should write you own report and treat your mum with the $50...

Helping BD hang wall paper.... :(

Took the words right out of my mouth Kate :yesnod:

Are you trying to say BD is being a total pain ? I have this vision in my mind ... :hysterical:

i just have to get done with high school is all and get a better job then working at the mall. history is so stupid anyway because it just depends on who is in charge and the history always changes. i dont think people with college make it any better jobs anyway. i see more people with college doing jobs you prolly dont need college for anyway.

i just have to get done with high school is all and get a better job then working at the mall. history is so stupid anyway because it just depends on who is in charge and the history always changes. i dont think people with college make it any better jobs anyway. i see more people with college doing jobs you prolly dont need college for anyway.

Have you never heard the saying 'History Repeats it's self'.... One of the most important Subjects to study...imho

i was going to suggest that you try and actually stick the wallpaper on him but something tells me , that he's already done that to himself... :lol:

:hysterical:

Good luck Kate and BD! I remember helping a girlfriend hang wallpaper. Not much wallpaper got hung...we, uh, sort of got distracted.

:whistling:

Edited by Strider

I get the impression that you are an angry young man, and that you expect to do nothing at college, then expect to be handed a well paid job. Still as you siad in one of your other threads, you're only a teenager so it's not your fault. Welcome to the real world. Just one questio, How can history always change???? That's a sweeping and ridiculous statement.

Edited by joe (Liverpool)

Well...now that I have finally woken up with my ears still ringing from the great Tame Impala concert last night and had breakfast, I am:

1. Gonna watch a little football while reading the Sunday papers(also want to check the ad circulars for "Celebration Day" ads and prices), make a few calls to friends and family, and write some Thanksgiving Day cards/letters.

2. Go to the Hammer Museum for their presentation "Salome in Opera and on Film" in conjunction with their Gustave Moreau's "Salome" exhibit.

3. Have dinner and watch the end of the late afternoon games and the first half of the NBC Sunday night game.

4. At 7:30pm, go meet some fellow cine-geek friends at the Billy Wilder Theatre for a double-bill of Mitchell Leisen classics: "Death Takes a Holiday" and "Murder at the Vanities". Possibly go for some coffee/drinks afterwards.

5. Check messages/e-mails before I go to bed...set alarm early so I can get to store before it opens to get Deluxe edition of "Celebration Day" before it sells out.

Nooooo!!! :o You need to write the paper; I promise you, those writing and critical thinking skills will come in handy one day. I tell my daughter the same thing about statistics.... Hang in there!! :peace:

Not to be off topic or anything, but personally, I adore writing (be it essays, reports, critical reviews, etc.).

My friends at University sometimes look at me in wonder when I rave about this little subject I love called "The History of Econometric Thought". My friends have shied away from this paper deeming it to be "boring" and "outdated". In my opinion, it is certainly fascinating to discover the origin of simple concepts you have previously learnt in high school (as far as Economics is concerned) such as the definition and formula for the elasticity of demand of a commodity.

Plus, if you have done a good job on a term paper, you do feel this sense of accomplishment, knowing that you possess the ability to express yourself! :) Besides, certain skills such as writing and critical thinking are paramount to an individual's growth and development. That's what my mother said a couple of years ago, and well, reflecting back on certain experiences I've had at University these past few years, I do believe that she is right.

Anyway, coming back to the topic at hand, I returned a couple of library books today, ran a couple of errands for a loved one and now I am going to be taking out the trash! *Sigh!

^^I agree Kiwi. We can't understand where we are or where we are heading without first understanding what came before us. I get the same appalling attitude from students all the time; those who spend lectures and seminars fiddling around on their smart phones/ipads updating their Facebook and so forth instead of paying attention. They just expect a degree to be handed to them and then they expect they can fall into a well paid job. They also expect me to write a glowing reference for them when frankly their attitude stinks. Sorry, rant over!

What I'm doing today? Patiently waiting for my postman to deliver my copy of 'Celebration Day'.

My plan for today was to watch the Celebration Day Blu-Ray followed by a blast of The Who live at Hull(if the postman delivers it). But the good lady wife has suggested that we do some xmas shopping..F'ing great..it's something I hate doing wandering around shop after shop without a clue what to buy and how nuch to spend..not too much but not too little...Got to get ready now....Posties here with my Who...that's two days on the bounce Iv'e had discs delivered and had to go out....

^^I agree Kiwi. We can't understand where we are or where we are heading without first understanding what came before us. I get the same appalling attitude from students all the time; those who spend lectures and seminars fiddling around on their smart phones/ipads updating their Facebook and so forth instead of paying attention. They just expect a degree to be handed to them and then they expect they can fall into a well paid job. They also expect me to write a glowing reference for them when frankly their attitude stinks. Sorry, rant over!

What I'm doing today? Patiently waiting for my postman to deliver my copy of 'Celebration Day'.

Magic, you are perfectly justified for ranting! My friends seem to sadly have the same attitude as the students you mentioned. For them, Economics as a whole seems to only involve solving a couple of math based assignments and not reading a single thing! I do believe that analysis, critical thinking and carrying out proper research (in terms of actually reading up journal articles and reports) is as, if not more important than just working out a bunch of problems (involving calculus and a couple of equations) and then thinking that you know every bloody thing there is to know about Economics! End of rant.

I hope your copy of 'Celebration Day' arrives today or at least by tomorrow! On Friday, the 16th of November, I got a very cryptic email from Warner Music NZ, informing me that my package has been despatched to the local courier and that they were actually aiming to deliver the package by the end of the day. I did have some hope that I might get my package on Friday, but of no avail. I FINALLY got it on Monday at around 3 PM and I was rather relieved!

Getting back to the topic, tomorrow is the day I get to go grocery shopping! I can't wait! :rolleyes:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

My plan for today was to watch the Celebration Day Blu-Ray followed by a blast of The Who live at Hull(if the postman delivers it). But the good lady wife has suggested that we do some xmas shopping..F'ing great..it's something I hate doing wandering around shop after shop without a clue what to buy and how nuch to spend..not too much but not too little...Got to get ready now....Posties here with my Who...that's two days on the bounce Iv'e had discs delivered and had to go out....

Fucking bummer JTM. (Priscilla says hi!). Have just made a chicken stock for tonights Chicken cassarole , waiting for Postie to drop off Celebration Day, and have just got a nice bit of work - c'mon postie pull your finger out

I hope your copy of 'Celebration Day' arrives today or at least by tomorrow! On Friday, the 16th of November, I got a very cryptic email from Warner Music NZ, informing me that my package has been despatched to the local courier and that they were actually aiming to deliver the package by the end of the day. I did have some hope that I might get my package on Friday, but of no avail. I FINALLY got it on Monday at around 3 PM and I was rather relieved!

Getting back to the topic, tomorrow is the day I get to go grocery shopping! I can't wait! :rolleyes:

Well Kiwi, I'm very disappointed. The post has just been and it isn't here. :( I expect it will come tomorrow, but for first-class delivery it's pretty poor. Amazon will send me another one if it doen't arrive tomorrow, but that's not the point. If I knew it was going to be this delayed I would have gone out yesterday and found a store that's actually selling it.

I don't enjoy grocery shopping much either. Good luck with that!

Hey Magic mines arrived and I only ordered yesterday. Strange?

It's the incompetence of Royal Mail as usual. I have a couple of items of mail that have gone astray. It must down to my local sorting office. I would phone them and complain except they never answer the phone. I wonder why?!