What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

Busy today. Cut, hauled and stacked more firewood. Also covered the old roof garage peak. Had to do it in the hot sun so the material would stay flexible. I put expanding foam in the gap before laying down the material and nailing it home. Patched the holes that I could see with the nasty roof crud. The acid test will be when the rain starts. Mi casa from the garage roof.

ROOF-1.jpg

ROOF-3.jpg

ROOF-5.jpg

I also have firewood to finish stacking and chopping. Move from box trailer to pile in backyard. But first, pick up bike from mechanics and accompany missus to the Antique Fair on this weekend at Ipswich. Then weed-n-feed + mow the lawns, pick up all the kindling strewn around the lawn from the giant gum and prep a fire for tonight in the pit.

Inside it is configure my new NAS to prep for my new security IP Camera. LOTS of research and how-to's to go through.

Busy inside and out this weekend. Lucky the weather is beautiful Spring time weather.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:52 PM, rm2551 said:

NAS progressing nicely. Wood pile ready. Will do a fire tonight.

Wood_Pile_small.jpg

Good idea with the cinder blocks.

Today (actually, yesterday) I took my friend Brian to see some property he inherited from his Dad. I have to say, it was one of the most awful looking messes I have ever seen. It looked like an E-5 tornado hit the place. There's a '62 T-Bird with the garage roof collapsed in on it. Absolutely indescribable. Going back tomorrow to load up some scrap metal. I will take some pics and post them. He laughed when I said it made Appalachia actually look good. He also laughed when he said: THIS IS MY INHERITANCE!!! 😄

1 hour ago, redrum said:

Good idea with the cinder blocks.

Today (actually, yesterday) I took my friend Brian to see some property he inherited from his Dad. I have to say, it was one of the most awful looking messes I have ever seen. It looked like an E-5 tornado hit the place. There's a '62 T-Bird with the garage roof collapsed in on it. Absolutely indescribable. Going back tomorrow to load up some scrap metal. I will take some pics and post them. He laughed when I said it made Appalachia actually look good. He also laughed when he said: THIS IS MY INHERITANCE!!! 😄

Yeah, the blocks keep it all neat and off the ground so no termites (which we have everywhere around our area and even in our yard). I actually have a timelapse video of stacking it with my son, but I have not posted it. Looks cool. Timelapse mode on Hero7.

What condition is the t-bird in? Salvageable for a project?

19 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Yeah, the blocks keep it all neat and off the ground so no termites (which we have everywhere around our area and even in our yard). I actually have a timelapse video of stacking it with my son, but I have not posted it. Looks cool. Timelapse mode on Hero7.

What condition is the t-bird in? Salvageable for a project?

I'm going to do that with the blocks. I know where I can get a bunch for free. You can't really see the T-Bird as the roof is sitting on it. We decided against the scrap metal as the cheap bastards only want to give 3 cents a pound. Would not be worth the effort. I didn't get any pics. maybe some other time. Would like to see the time lapse.

Edited by redrum

24 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

My first Youtube post! Horrible edits in the sound tracks, but it will do. I ain't no Sue Dounim or SteveZ98. :lol:

Very cool. I'm going to need a lot more room than that, though. :) I'll be splitting more pretty soon. Almost have the garbage and junk disposed of along with a few more cans of yard waste. It's been a long haul.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to tarp the 15 by 25 foot garage roof today. The patch job I did wasn't good enough and the rain was coming down on my shelves plus I had to put about 5 buckets down. There's just no way in hell you can find all the leaks unless they're obvious. Damned water will find a way in no matter what. I think the tarp will do the trick. Have to anchor the bottom tomorrow. Will post a pic tomorrow. The landlady doesn't like the way the tarp looks, but understands about the water ruining things.

On 9/23/2020 at 12:26 AM, redrum said:

Had to tarp the 15 by 25 foot garage roof today. The patch job I did wasn't good enough and the rain was coming down on my shelves plus I had to put about 5 buckets down. There's just no way in hell you can find all the leaks unless they're obvious. Damned water will find a way in no matter what. I think the tarp will do the trick. Have to anchor the bottom tomorrow. Will post a pic tomorrow. The landlady doesn't like the way the tarp looks, but understands about the water ruining things.

If you are renting, why are you doing these repairs? That is the landlady's responsibility and a roof leak needs to be addressed ASAP. Unless she is compensating you in free rent she needs to get a roofer out ASAP.

4 hours ago, Mr.Bones said:

If you are renting, why are you doing these repairs? That is the landlady's responsibility and a roof leak needs to be addressed ASAP. Unless she is compensating you in free rent she needs to get a roofer out ASAP.

Right now she can't afford it. She did do my small place and hers which is in front. That cost her about $9,000. The garage would probably run about $3,500. She does deduct from my rent for the work I do. I can't complain and covering the roof only took about an hour. You should have seen the place when I first moved in. Yichhh! The guy was a total slob.