Celebration Day Movie - Forum Reviews

SuperDave

I thought it was great. I just wanted to reach into the screen and give Jason a big hug when it was over. The tremendous pressure they all must have felt, and then, as it progressed, the smiles of relief that it was going well, and that, in the end, it's only rock & roll, let's enjoy it! Yes, it could have been louder, I'll crank the DVD to make up for that. (It's the damn "multiplex" syndrome - in a stand-alone theater they could've rocked it loud)

Things I noticed

On IMTOD Jason has chosen not to play the rolling hi-hat groove that Bonzo played. Not sure why

Also on IMTOD - that guitar Jimmy's using sounds GREAT

the ending of Trampled caught JPJ by surprise, he kinda kept going, but no biggie

Robert sounded excellent, a few times he hit a weird high note, but he was, well "Robert Plant" up there, in a good way.

Loved 'For Your Life'

the laser pyramid needed more smoke! Still have yet to see any photo or film that can capture what that looks like in person

Anyway, I won't go on & on. Enjoyed drinking a Sapporro in a theater. I said" I used to have to sneak beer in - this takes all the fun out of that!"

The crowd was great, applauding like a concert

I went there with the same high energy anticipation as everyone else here. To be honest, I wasn't blown away by the film or the sound. I hope the DVD and CD will change my mind.

We saw the film last night , and the cinema was just about full. When the commercials before the film were playing, I knew right then it was gonna be too low. Sure enough, it was. After the first song , I yelled out "Nemo, was louder than this !!!" Which a few people thought was funny.

Some guy said he was going to complain (which he did) and around the same time, I think an usher came in-and people were yelling "Turn it up"!

Ramble On seemed much better, but like the original poster wrote-I felt no power in the lower end...meaning bass guitar and kick drum.

I thought the songs were well performed but the editing could have been better. I think the reason the film seems to move so fast, is because of the constant jumping around of camera angles.

I thought Plant's voice sounded really really good. Page's guitar was a little muddy throughout, but I could make out what he was playing.

Overall, the band was really tight. I think every song was well done.

Biggest edit I noticed (besides the obvious D&C fix) was that they took out the short improv blues piece on WLL, between Robert and Jimmy ( from TSRTS film) . I really wish they would have left that in.

Looking forward to owning it on DVD. I'm sure the sound will be proper.

........saw the film in Farmingdale, NY last night.......still cannot really believe what I saw / heard.......I was at the 02 show.......and have listened to that "Wendy" recording hundreds of times over the last five years......I assumed I pretty much had this show "figured" as much as I possibly could have.......I might as well had NOT BEEN THERE AT ALL.......or not have listened to the Wendy recording even once.....this is one of the greatest concerts ever performed......and it is ABSOLUTELY the greatest document of a live concert as well......Jimmy Page and Dick Carruthers have put together a film like NOTHING I'VE EVER SEEN: ......

prepare to be COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY.........best concert film of ALL TIME.....I am not kidding........I still CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT THE FUCK I SAW......when it started I was like,"yeah- this will be o.k"....."same old bullshit I've seen a thousand times before".....but within literally five minutes.....and STRAIGHT THROUGH TILL THE VERY END OF THE FILM......I was TRANSFIXED......all four of them were literally about a THOUSAND TIMES BETTER than I realized back in '07......the film / concert itself has a highly intoxicating and very trippy-ish effect to it......there are so many times where you find yourself sitting there like a 14yr old kid.......at a midnight movie theater back in the 70's......smoking joints and watching TSRTS......until last night I'd completely forgotten what that feels like (and no joints this time- just three or four swigs of my good friend's vodka!!!)......and how awesome it is to feel like that and enjoy something that much.....to be BLOWN AWAY by something.......Jimmy Page......with his white shirt and white hair......literally had me feeling as though he were channeling LUDWIG VON BEETHOVENup there on the stage......like he was conducting the glorious ninth!!!....he had a presence that was downright frightening......it reminded me exactly of someone else's stage-presence that I'd completely forgotten about long ago- namely JIMMY PAGE!!!......as in Zeppelin-era Jimmy Page!!!......like he not only had regained that magical presence he used to have in the early / mid 70's, but that it had somehow gotten even more intense............his solos.....choice of guitars......effects......his interplay with the others.......his swagger.......he proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that night that he is still on a different musical plain than anyone / everyone else......John-Paul Jones.....at the show five years ago you could not pick out a single fucking bass-note from JPJ.....you merely felt the bass (house-mix was a joke).....now, you hear every note......and, trust me: every note is worth hearing.....he was excellent........his playing was extremely tasteful-yet-playful.....I was nervous I was going to hate the fretless.....he did the impossible: he weaved a very un-Zeppelin-like bass-sound right into the Zeppelin fabric.....he's a genius.....and his keyboard-playing was also outstanding.......Jason Bonham.......I walked into that theater last night absolutely expecting to not be impressed at all with his performance.......I had images in my head of that god-awful tribute thing he (tragically) does now and how much I fucking loathe both that entire band and Jason's playing in particular..........well........the bottom line is that Jason Bonham had the single toughest drumming job in HISTORY on 12/10/07.....nothing else could ever come close as far as the level(s) of difficulty......the ENTIRE PLANET WAS WATCHING / LISTENING TO HIM with hyper-critical eyes / ears and he KNEW IT.......he fucking went out there and did EXACTY what he needed to do.....he had the thankless job of trying to provide the enormous, unequaled power of John Bonham's live drumming.....within the framework of a band that now included three guys in their sixties (actually Robert was 59)......the balance he had to achieve would basically be something heretofore unknown as far as live Zeppelin is concerned.....he could not play with the fire his dad had exhibited back in the 70's because he'd have blown the other three literally off the stage......drumming-wise it was the high-wire balancing act of all-time.....and Jason was BRILLIANT....hepaid attention to the other two.....his focus was impeccable......he played with relaxed confidence.....he fucked around with the songs.....he enjoyed himself.....he never tried to facsimile his dad- instead playing his own way and bringing his own sensibilities to the songs- but without sacrificing the essence of what his dad had originally contributed to these timeless masterpieces.........Robert Plant.......ahh, Robert.......Robert, Robert, Robert.....Mr. Heartbreaker indeed......of this I am CERTAIN- when all the Zeppelin folk out there.....who were unfortunately not able to attend the actual gig itself.....finally now get to see this performance proper......they will immediately start to develop a rather INTENSE DISLIKING for our once-beloved golden god......and the more you end up loving his performance......as the film rolls on........the more you will INTENSELY DISLIKE HIM!!!.....I know I DO!!!!!! (and I was even one of the fortunate ones that did get to go!!!)....his choices immediately following this epic 02 reunion will ECHO THROUGH ETERNITY.......anyways......it's funny- all the things he did that I flat-out HATED as I sat there at the 02 ("Ramble On" immediately comes to mind).....simply disappeared while watching this amazing film (I still CANNOT BELIEVE I ACTUALLY ENDED UP DIGGING RAMBLE ON last night!!!)........Robert was BRILLIANT.......it's so much more than I'd ever thought capableof him at this stage.....and I would HONESTLY rate it higher than NINETY-PERCENT of the post-'73 Zeppelin Robert performances.....he's doing impossible things throughout the concert.......and as tough as Jason's job was (all of 'em, really), Robert actually had the toughest job of them all.......because it's one thing.....to blast through TSRTS on your double-neck......at 63......it is an ALTOGETHER DIFFERENT THING......to SING IT(even if it is keyed down).......at 59........and like Jason, he too was paying attention to the others, having fun with the songs, enjoying himself, etc..........make no mistake- this was as BAND up on that there stage.....I honestly had SO MUCH LESS OF A SENSE about that at the gig itself.....we just could not hear exactly what was going on between the musicians.......the musical communication was so much more intricate than what was apparent at the 02 Arena on the night itself......songs......."Nobody's Fault" was damned good to all the people watching that night.....but in the film......it's a 500ft. tall BEHEMOTH......I still can't believe it......I'm not going through the entire setlist here because there ARE NO HIGHS-AND-LOWS......it is ALL GOOD..........this is NOT a '75 soundboard where you skip every third song.....it is literally ALL GOOD......and I did not feel that way that night......the cameramen did the best work I've ever seen for a live concert.....the editing (of which I was certain was going to annoy me to no end) was PERFECTION......the audio......which was my biggest fear by FAR (that maybe I wouldn't like the source-recording / subsequent mix).......was RIDICULOUS.......it's clarity is quite simply like NOTHING I'VE EVER HEARD BEFORE IN A LIVE RECORDING.....cannot WAIT to blast in the car.....at midnight.....driving over the top of Storm King Mountain....alright.......enough......I'll just end here by saying I'm forever thankful - to the music-gods- that I lived in the time of Led Zeppelin.......and God Bless Jimmy Page...........

........saw the film in Farmingdale, NY last night.......still cannot really believe what I saw / heard.......I was at the 02 show.......and have listened to that "Wendy" recording hundreds of times over the last five years......I assumed I pretty much had this show "figured" as much as I possibly could have.......I might as well had NOT BEEN THERE AT ALL.......or not have listened to the Wendy recording even once.....this is one of the greatest concerts ever performed......and it is ABSOLUTELY the greatest document of a live concert as well......Jimmy Page and Dick Carruthers have put together a film like NOTHING I'VE EVER SEEN: ......

prepare to be COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY.........best concert film of ALL TIME.....I am not kidding........I still CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT THE FUCK I SAW......when it started I was like,"yeah- this will be o.k"....."same old bullshit I've seen a thousand times before".....but within literally five minutes.....and STRAIGHT THROUGH TILL THE VERY END OF THE FILM......I was TRANSFIXED......all four of them were literally about a THOUSAND TIMES BETTER than I realized back in '07......the film / concert itself has a highly intoxicating and very trippy-ish effect to it......there are so many times where you find yourself sitting there like a 14yr old kid.......at a midnight movie theater back in the 70's......smoking joints and watching TSRTS......until last night I'd completely forgotten what that feels like (and no joints this time- just three or four swigs of my good friend's vodka!!!)......and how awesome it is to feel like that and enjoy something that much.....to be BLOWN AWAY by something.......Jimmy Page......with his white shirt and white hair......literally had me feeling as though he were channeling LUDWIG VON BEETHOVENup there on the stage......like he was conducting the glorious ninth!!!....he had a presence that was downright frightening......it reminded me exactly of someone else's stage-presence that I'd completely forgotten about long ago- namely JIMMY PAGE!!!......as in Zeppelin-era Jimmy Page!!!......like he not only had regained that magical presence he used to have in the early / mid 70's, but that it had somehow gotten even more intense............his solos.....choice of guitars......effects......his interplay with the others.......his swagger.......he proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that night that he is still on a different musical plain than anyone / everyone else......John-Paul Jones.....at the show five years ago you could not pick out a single fucking bass-note from JPJ.....you merely felt the bass (house-mix was a joke).....now, you hear every note......and, trust me: every note is worth hearing.....he was excellent........his playing was extremely tasteful-yet-playful.....I was nervous I was going to hate the fretless.....he did the impossible: he weaved a very un-Zeppelin-like bass-sound right into the Zeppelin fabric.....he's a genius.....and his keyboard-playing was also outstanding.......Jason Bonham.......I walked into that theater last night absolutely expecting to not be impressed at all with his performance.......I had images in my head of that god-awful tribute thing he (tragically) does now and how much I fucking loathe both that entire band and Jason's playing in particular..........well........the bottom line is that Jason Bonham had the single toughest drumming job in HISTORY on 12/10/07.....nothing else could ever come close as far as the level(s) of difficulty......the ENTIRE PLANET WAS WATCHING / LISTENING TO HIM with hyper-critical eyes / ears and he KNEW IT.......he fucking went out there and did EXACTY what he needed to do.....he had the thankless job of trying to provide the enormous, unequaled power of John Bonham's live drumming.....within the framework of a band that now included three guys in their sixties (actually Robert was 59)......the balance he had to achieve would basically be something heretofore unknown as far as live Zeppelin is concerned.....he could not play with the fire his dad had exhibited back in the 70's because he'd have blown the other three literally off the stage......drumming-wise it was the high-wire balancing act of all-time.....and Jason was BRILLIANT....hepaid attention to the other two.....his focus was impeccable......he played with relaxed confidence.....he fucked around with the songs.....he enjoyed himself.....he never tried to facsimile his dad- instead playing his own way and bringing his own sensibilities to the songs- but without sacrificing the essence of what his dad had originally contributed to these timeless masterpieces.........Robert Plant.......ahh, Robert.......Robert, Robert, Robert.....Mr. Heartbreaker indeed......of this I am CERTAIN- when all the Zeppelin folk out there.....who were unfortunately not able to attend the actual gig itself.....finally now get to see this performance proper......they will immediately start to develop a rather INTENSE DISLIKING for our once-beloved golden god......and the more you end up loving his performance......as the film rolls on........the more you will INTENSELY DISLIKE HIM!!!.....I know I DO!!!!!! (and I was even one of the fortunate ones that did get to go!!!)....his choices immediately following this epic 02 reunion will ECHO THROUGH ETERNITY.......anyways......it's funny- all the things he did that I flat-out HATED as I sat there at the 02 ("Ramble On" immediately comes to mind).....simply disappeared while watching this amazing film (I still CANNOT BELIEVE I ACTUALLY ENDED UP DIGGING RAMBLE ON last night!!!)........Robert was BRILLIANT.......it's so much more than I'd ever thought capableof him at this stage.....and I would HONESTLY rate it higher than NINETY-PERCENT of the post-'73 Zeppelin Robert performances.....he's doing impossible things throughout the concert.......and as tough as Jason's job was (all of 'em, really), Robert actually had the toughest job of them all.......because it's one thing.....to blast through TSRTS on your double-neck......at 63......it is an ALTOGETHER DIFFERENT THING......to SING IT(even if it is keyed down).......at 59........and like Jason, he too was paying attention to the others, having fun with the songs, enjoying himself, etc..........make no mistake- this was as BAND up on that there stage.....I honestly had SO MUCH LESS OF A SENSE about that at the gig itself.....we just could not hear exactly what was going on between the musicians.......the musical communication was so much more intricate than what was apparent at the 02 Arena on the night itself......songs......."Nobody's Fault" was damned good to all the people watching that night.....but in the film......it's a 500ft. tall BEHEMOTH......I still can't believe it......I'm not going through the entire setlist here because there ARE NO HIGHS-AND-LOWS......it is ALL GOOD..........this is NOT a '75 soundboard where you skip every third song.....it is literally ALL GOOD......and I did not feel that way that night......the cameramen did the best work I've ever seen for a live concert.....the editing (of which I was certain was going to annoy me to no end) was PERFECTION......the audio......which was my biggest fear by FAR (that maybe I wouldn't like the source-recording / subsequent mix).......was RIDICULOUS.......it's clarity is quite simply like NOTHING I'VE EVER HEARD BEFORE IN A LIVE RECORDING.....cannot WAIT to blast in the car.....at midnight.....driving over the top of Storm King Mountain....alright.......enough......I'll just end here by saying I'm forever thankful - to the music-gods- that I lived in the time of Led Zeppelin.......and God Bless Jimmy Page...........

Do you think we're going to read that?

I went to Studio Grill in Alpharetta, GA. Took 2 hours to drive there, but I had my LZ CD's in the car for the ride and it was a beautiful day in regards to weather. The theater was probably 98% full for the 7PM show. The theater staff was great about taking a photo. They actually let us in about 10 minutes earlier than usual because it was almost completely sold out and we let them know how excited we were to be at this event!

I talked with a few people while waiting. In the theater we go. Show begins and of course when they mentioned Atlanta in the opening people had to applaud:-) The sound for the first two songs was low, but I knew that from reading the reviews. Then it was great! After every song there was applause, almost like we were at the show. My excitement was at a peak to say the least. All I can do is be honest....I can't explain why but when No Quarter came on my eyes did fill with tears of joy. That was just the first time:-) D&C, STH, Kashmir were also the other standouts for me, not to say that all of it was just captivating.

I loved the way it showed the interaction between them. Very moving for a long time fan. The guy sitting next to me about mid way through leaned over and said "You must be a true fan as you know every word to every song". Hell, even two of the theater people when I was walking out said they saw me singing away to every song:-) I tried to be as quiet as possible to respect others, but before you knew it, most of us were singing along with them. I did a lot of lip syncing last night in public. I couldn't help it.

I closed my eyes a few times and kept thinking back to the shows I saw (73 & 75) and there were moments were I felt transported back to that time. Jason was just amazing. In fact at the end when he put his hand on his heart I freaking lost it, but in a good way! I know his fathers shoes are impossible to fill, but if anyone could it was his son.

I was so proud to be there and be a fan of this music. After all these years and they still took me on another journey. Roberts vocals were fantastic and he still proved what a front man in a band is about. JPJ blew me away as always. He is truly one of the most brilliant musicians I will ever witness in my life time. Then you had the riff master frying the guitar, loved Jimmy's expressions throughout the film. The camera angles were really good on this IMHO.

So to sum it up, they did it right. The legacy they have left not only for them but for so many of us is just amazing. I can't wait for the DVD to arrive and sit back with the big screen and surround sound and do it again and again. I don't know how they have been able to keep so many of us so emotionally attached to the music other than the fact that as from the beginning...IT IS ABOUT THE MUSIC, and they are my band, and their songs are associated with so many memories in my life. What a magical night it was!

:notworthy:

Thank you for such a thoughtful review. Thank you also for all the postings you do which inspire and inform rabid zeppelin fans like myself. led zeppelin, bob k.

Poor sound.

I saw the film last night in Crawley, Sussex and whilst the film itself was a fab and brought back a lot of memories from the night I was there, the sounding at the cinema was, excuse my French, f*cking rubbish. Very bright midrange and no bass umph at all. I left after about 40 minutes and went home to have a beer. Well, what's the point in enduring a sub standard experience? A lot of people last night might have come away from Crawley thinking "what was all the fuss about?they sound very average" which of course is not the case. A shame.

Now THATS a review.

Question for the board: How was the sound at your venue?

Went to Showcase Cinemas, Legacy Place, Dedham, MA. 7:30 show

MANY people kept leaving the theater to tell them to turn it up. Ushers and even management kept giving a BS story that "it's not like a stereo where you can just turn it up. We're worries about the speakers." PLEASE!!! I worked in a theater for years and I know that you CAN turn it up. I've also been to movies where the sound was so loud it hurt my ears (Dark Knight Rises is a good example). As others have mentioned, it also lacked that "oomph" of a rumbling bass.

Also, was it supposed to be in surround sound? Because it absolutely was NOT in the theater where I saw it.

Unfortunately, the early crowd wasn't that in to it either. Our group was the only one who seemed to clap and get in to the feeling of being there. Theater was about 2/3 full.

It was still worth it to see it on the big screen. Hopefully, it will be re-released in theaters at some point in the future. Otherwise, I'll be cranking the volume on my home theater in a few short weeks!

Cheers!

Oct. 17 Edgewater Theater in Edgewater, NJ

Saw the Zep movie last night! TOTAL class act. Jimmy was his sloppy, slurry self but was magnificent when it counted. He's more like an impressionist painter. JPJ looks like he's my age and is the glue that holds it all together. JASON BONHAM was stupendous! The biggest surprise for me was Robert. How that old cabbage head, could sound so sexy and cool was beyond me. He just NAILED every moment. There never will be another Led Zeppelin. They were MAGNIFICENT!

However I could not have been more disappointed in the turnout. There were less than 30 people at the theater. Top notch presentation too. Great sound and a 4k screen. Stunning A/V! The enthusiasm was less than tepid. I got there an hour early to get a good seat and there was nobody there until 10 mins before the show! This was one of the first theaters to be listed and I got tix online early. No excitement... so sad.

The secret is to yell at the start of the movie 'Turn it Up'. It worked and then we had 30,000 Watts of awesomenes for 2 hours. It felt like you were there. Best concert movie I've ever seen. Sound was incredible. Most of the sound came from the front, they saved the surround for the audience noises on the sides...

Now I know why I could never get tickets in the 70's. I was one of the good guys and didn't skip school to wait in line at our 'Jim Koplick / Shelly Finckel' ticket place...I should of skipped school !!!

Best damn band ever. Thirty-plus years on and they could pull this off? Incredible.

I could watch it again right now!

Guess what my favourite part was? lol

PERFECT bro!!!!

My son (14 years) and I, we watched the the movie yesterday in the evening in the cinemaxx movie theater in Oldenburg, Germany. He was the youngest Visitor in the Theater. Most of the other Visitors was like me 50 years and older. Rock´n Roll generation for ever. Now he can understand what this kind of music is the different to the music of this millennium.

He was so thrilled, and I think the fabulous Led Zeppelin have one more Fan. So, long life Rock´n Roll! Thank´s to Jimmy, Robert, John and John´s son Jason for this fantastic movie! My biggest wish is to see them one more time live on stage!

But at next, my son and I we went next february to Bremen and watch Deep Purple live. In memory to Jon Lord, the best organist ever.Maybe he play´s in a big Band with John Bonham, Jimmy Hendrix and Bon Scott.

Saw the movie last night here in Houston, TX at a theatre called Studio Movie Grill. I viewed it with two very nice female members from here on the board. I know I would be repeating alot of what other people said -so I am gonna be short and direct.

Toss out your bootlegs of this show as they do not give you the full perspective of the Dynamic professional audio and visuals that were used to preserve this great event..

I have seen other people say they were disappointed in the sound or it wasn't loud enough. Not at the theatre I saw it. I will admit when it first started it wasn't as loud as I wanted it but by the third sond it had been faded up and was nice and crunchy-LOUD with all the different instruments and vocals seperated beautifully.

I didn't get to see the actual show in 2007 but this was next best thing. :D

All of it was just Superb but here are some Highlights for me.

The smiles shared between all 4 of them.

Jimmy chewing gum haha

For Your Life

Dazed and Confused

The Song Remains the Same

Trampled Underfoot

Kashmir

One thing that made me chuckle: I saw a teleprompter right in front of Robert-center stage. I never saw him use it even for the first time played 'For Your Life'

I saw Black Sabbath on their first reunion tour in 1999 and Ozzy had a teleprompter then-never saw him use it either. But did see the words scrolling on both of them.

One other thing I remember from some of the reviews when the concert was first played. Some people said it was great but that Robert Plant was the weak link- I say BS he was having a great time on that stage and still hitting some nice high notes.

In a nutshell this is a document that will carry their already fantastic Legacy on thru the ages.

I read it as well- my review follows, if anyone wants to read it

i did, good read!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Simply a pleasure.

Up until about 20minutes before curtain the mood was so relaxed & chatty, people meeting new friends and sharing stories & experiences. Then something happened and the air changed. Conversations became less wordy, almost staccato as people found their seats early and the friendly reminder to silence all electronics brought one last clamor and fuss. It was not silent, just the gravity of the moment got everyone to focus on why we are here and what we were about to see- what we were about to experience. Two people I met in line were from Mexico City and had flown to Dallas to see Celebration Day. The father had seen LZ in LA and wanted his son to see them.

The lights dropped and it got festive again- truly a din. Then reverence while the news reel played- you know how the rest goes.

GTBT brought some people to their feet. Applause after nearly each song, applause and cheers during some songs. Several guys got the whistle in perfect timing during STH. The lady next to me cried during IMTOD and NQ. I will tell you this- you could feel the release wash over the audience when FOR YOUR LIFE was being performed. There was unity on the screen and there was unity in the audience. After Kashmir the same lady next to me was shaking and I saw that she was holding four ticket stubs from the LZ shows she had seen. She didn't say anything just clenched them and sobbed lightly. Then the encore began. The groove and pace was infectious.

The biggest impression about CELEBRATION DAY is the biggest impression I have about what our audience experienced- the smiles and looks on stage was exactly what was going on in the audience. We all gave one another glances, smiles, laughter and looks of joy and amazement. LZ wanted to be at the O2 and we wanted to be where we were and it showed.

Ready for the vinyl and the Blu-Ray collectors packs.

About the film and audio:

It sets a standard that won't be soon surpassed.

Specifically, the audio is not over done, nor underdone. It does not outshine or dominate or get in the way. Artistically and structurally visual and soundtrack are one in the same- an attractive and memorable fit. The video is seamless- creative and strong rather than camp or neoveau. It does not seek out for its own sake to be exemplary. At no time was the cinema anything but welcoming and entreating. Celebration Day is a cinematic statement that will cause others to change how they do things going forward.

To me, Celebration Day demonstrates it was meant to be and LZ is clearly wanting us to experience the joy that they did. I was a part of a fun, happy and appreciative crowd tonight, the conversations as we exited are burned in my memory forever. The quaint after party is going to resume this Saturday.

Thank you to Led Zeppelin and all who are a part, especially the ones who knocked it out of the park with the teasers on YouTube. Hey Ahmet- they did it.

Peterborough showcase cinema Cambridgeshire ,East of England, I posted this on TBL facebook page yesterday,

I went to the pub on the way home :-)blank.gif So, my summary from the evening, the place was only half full? I thought that a bit odd, and when we left the queue for the 9-30 showing was quite small as well, Where was everybody, maybe there aren't that many Zep fans in Peterborough? Anyway, the concert was IMO, briliiant,it took the cinema about three numbers to sort the volume out, after that it was good sound wise. Dave is right the joy was evident, even my partner commented that JP looked so happy that she felt that too. Major + for me was that Jason was AWESOME! Nothing was really missing for me, apart from 'Achilles' and I would've loved to have had 'In the Evening'. When we left, those that were there all felt that it was great, everyone was talking to each other about it walking to the carpark, even though it was raining hard :-(blank.gif. Can't wait for the DVD :-)blank.gif. I hope that everybody enjoyed it, like we did :-)blank.gif

Hi,

Saw it last night at a small cinema part of a multiplex (Ashford Kent), no real issues with the sound which was fairly loud, could have been louder but no complaints. Not as many people as I expected, but about half full, a variety of ages and most seem to enjoy it, although from the comments for quite a few this was their first view/hearing of the concert.

No real surprises as I have watched various bootlegs several times but nice to see it as Jimmy intended, Great to see it on the big screen and louder than I will listen to it again.

Andy

How did I not find out about this until 1 hour before showtime in my area ? - (Floyds Knobs, Indiana) :( it was showing yesterday as well yet this is first i've heard about it so disappointed I can't go.

LED ZEPPELIN is my all time FAVORITE band - Will this be available for purchase & if so any idea as to when ?

great playing, great sound, great gig, great film, great to see JPJ included in the visuals a lot more than in past showings too.

my only criticism is this; the camera shots were too short and too busy all the way though; there weren't any lingering shots from any source, and not enough from a distance

my mate left just before kashmir because he was feeling worn out from the bombardment of visuals, and he wasn't drunk. i was aware of it too but not to the same level of discomfort. but i did find it very busy visually

otherwise, you know it's good

Last night I went to the premier of the Led Zeppelin "movie". Aside from the fact that the theater couldn't get the sound system to work, the audience continually screamed "LOUDER", the LAPD was called and I left during the 2nd song and got a refund, the movie was good....

OK, I'm just kidding about it being good. Plant can't sing, Jones looks like he'd rather be at Guitar Center buying a 9 string bass, Page sounded wooden, and the film was constantly cutting away to super 8 clips. Don't these guys get it? Thank god they didn't have a reunion tour, they suck.

Reading the posts this morning, I see that this was a common problem around the world. I had tickets to this concert when it was staged and ended up selling them. I waited 5 years to see what I missed and now I'm glad I sold my tickets. These guys look like complete idiots up on stage and you know why? Because unlike the Stones or Clapton, these guys aren't out there year after year performing. They sit at home re-living the glory days of their pre-1975 catalog and finally come out of retirement to do one concert? This is so typical of Jimmy Page's crap. When John Bonham died he sat upstairs in his room for 2 years obsessing over the death of his band.

No chemistry on stage at the O2, none whatsoever.

Jimmy, do the world a favor. Take all the outtakes, audio, photos, etc, and just release them to the general public. Stop screwing with the fans. You're a jerk for doing this, seriously. You gonna take all these things with you to the grave? You tell the public "I'm working on a special project" after this concert, then release this self-indulgent book that you charge $750 for and all it has is a bunch of photos???

This film shouldn't have been called "Celebration Day", it should have been titled "The song doesn't remain the same, the record is just skipping".

I hope Jimmy Page reads the comments on this website (and why wouldn't he, it's not like he's busy making music).

I've been a fan of Led Zeppelin since they formed. After last night, I'm going to ebay all the stuff I had you and Robert sign for me, I'm done with you and your pathetic treatment of the fans.

Are the rest of you so blinded by the legend of a band that had at most 6 good years that you continue to treat them like gods? WFT is wrong with the fans? A true fan can be impartial, and call crap crap. Grow up.

We wish you a fond farewell. Be careful on your way out.

Love reading everybody's Celebration Day reviews (well except for the one from the troll) especially Deborah J's & Tony D's- very well written! I really can't add anything different to what's already been said, so I'll just say that the movie is absolutely all-around amazing & was well worth the wait- loved every minute of it! (Oh and one more thing- Best. Kashmir. Ever.)

Nice to see a lot of new posters here in this thread too- welcome to the forum!

Archived