Celebration Day Movie - Forum Reviews

SuperDave

'Good evening!'

Hello everyone, fantastic reading the above reviews and experiences, they will stay with you forever.

Going to see the film tomorrow and just cant wait as zep stuff comes around so rarely. I only hope the cinema dont screw

The sound up as it would never leave page's hands unless it was perfect, yeeeeaaaah!!!

Is it Wednesday yet? :drool:

Yes it is but in Japan and China, NZ and Australia. Just have to wait a bit longer, but will come soon. Worth the wait!

Thanks for the positive vibes on my review.

Geat work Super Dave. I understand you were at the TBL meet, which I missed. Pity, as it would have been nice to say hello. I decided instead to stand outside the Hammy O with some other fans, freezing my knackers off. It was worth persevering though as I ended up right at the front of the barriers as Page, Plant, Jones and the assembled celebs came in. Managed quick chats with Sir Peter Blake (very nice bloke), Julian Lennon, etc.

I wasn't in London for the premiere, but did attend the one in NYC last week.

^^You said it perfect...I am feeling that right now zepscoda.

SuperDave, I loved your review:-) Thanks to all for the contributions so far :peace:

Glad you liked it Debs.

Even though, I saw the film last week at the NYC premiere, I still can't wait to see it again!

This is going to blow you away! It is that good and the performance overall may be one of their best ever! Quite a bold statement, but that's how I feel about this movie. Judge for yourselves.

Superdave ^^ I will be seated in a perfect spot (had reserved seating). I am attending the 9:30PM show, but if my boss will let me leave early tomorrow I am going to try to see the 7PM show as well. I am sure this thread will be loaded down with reviews after tomorrow:-)

To see this in a theater I am sure is going to be amazing! I have already called the theater and I am trying to get a movie poster...if all fails, I see we can get them here..Sam posted it earlier. I am so freakin excited :yay:

Superdave ^^ I will be seated in a perfect spot (had reserved seating). I am attending the 9:30PM show, but if my boss will let me leave early tomorrow I am going to try to see the 7PM show as well. I am sure this thread will be loaded down with reviews after tomorrow:-)

To see this in a theater I am sure is going to be amazing! I have already called the theater and I am trying to get a movie poster...if all fails, I see we can get them here..Sam posted it earlier. I am so freakin excited :yay:

I hope you have an unbelievable time...at both showings tomorrow. Not that I had to say that or anything!

I hope you have an unbelievable time...at both showings tomorrow. Not that I had to say that or anything!

I'm actually, traveling about 30 minutes or so to see it tomorrow. It's with someone from the forum and a couple of others. Two days ago, I find out it's now playing less than ten minutes from me, but at the time the time(s), were to be announced. I already bought my ticket, so I'm still gonna make the longer drive.

I just hope it's loud enough.I thought I read somewhere that Robert didn't think it was loud enough.Cheers

It's never loud enough! Hehe.

Too bad theatres don't do what they used to do for films like "The Song Remains the Same", "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones", and "Let There Be Rock"...set up huge stacks of Altec Lansing and/or JBL speakers cranked up to the max with thousands of watts of power behind them. Yeah, baby!

I am going to a showing at 8 tonight at my provincial cinema a couple of miles away. The anticipation is killing me!! For a small town cinema, it has some decent sized screens and good surround sound. I just hope have they have the sound cranked up enough. I concur with Strider, there's no such thing as too loud when it comes to Zeppelin!

Just got back from the screening. Wow, wow, wow!! Freaking, incredible. At the start, there was no way it was loud enough, so I tweeted to the cinema Twitter account telling them to turn it up, then half way through Ramble On, bang! Volume kicks in and Jason's drums kick us all in the chest.

"@tomricci no problem. Didn't take into account a room full of people when we did the sound check, but we can feel it from the candy bar now!"

A fu**ing marvellous performance. Cameras were brilliant, audio was thick and thumping and as a whole is was just brilliant. Kashmir was definitely what it's talked up to be; colossal. Everything from the crazy pitch-shifting solo in Trampled to Jason's epic ending to Rock and Roll was roaring, clean and tight. Can not wait for the Blu-ray. Zep ROCKS!!!

Just back from Celebration Day.

Feckin' amazing!

The band was tight with awesome power and showed they could do it anywhere, any time.

Bring on the DVD!

Hoyts didn't do themselves any favours by changing the screening from Extreme to normal and the bottom end should've been up a bit (a lot), too.

Just got back from the screening. Wow, wow, wow!! Freaking, incredible. At the start, there was no way it was loud enough, so I tweeted to the cinema Twitter account telling them to turn it up, then half way through Ramble On, bang! Volume kicks in and Jason's drums kick us all in the chest.

"@tomricci no problem. Didn't take into account a room full of people when we did the sound check, but we can feel it from the candy bar now!"

A fu**ing marvellous performance. Cameras were brilliant, audio was thick and thumping and as a whole is was just brilliant. Kashmir was definitely what it's talked up to be; colossal. Everything from the crazy pitch-shifting solo in Trampled to Jason's epic ending to Rock and Roll was roaring, clean and tight. Can not wait for the Blu-ray. Zep ROCKS!!!

Must take some tissues! Settin off in hour and half...

Just got back from a screening.

Loved "For Your Life". Makes me wonder why they didn't play it for the 1977 US Tour or 1980 Over Europe. Very good.

Only two downsides:

Just like at the press conference when some Irish journalist made an off-topic question about Rory Gallagher, a "fan" held up their Irish flag so high it blocked some parts of the stage, from a frontal audience shot. Dick Carruthers did his best to find another camera angle quickly, but it was annoying.

I stayed back for the rolling credits hoping there might have been extras at the end but sadly no.

I normally don't go to the flicks that often preferring to watch Blu-Ray and DVDs in the comfort in the home, and I'm reminded why. The state of the cinema after the audience left was an embarrassing pig-sty - spilt drinks and half-eaten popcorn everywhere. A mess.

Just back from seeing it at Event Cinemas, Tuggerah (Australian east coast). Using SuperDave's format for a quickie ;) before I dash off to several other forums (notably Joe Bonamassa's and My Les Paul) to implore those in later time zones to NOT MISS THIS MOVIE

Sound

I thought it wasn't loud enough at the beginning but was turned up not too long into the show. The quality and clarity of the mix and surround effect was sensational

Visuals

What has been edited here is just amazing. I guess there was many cameras the choose such intimate, close, expressive action from. There was more view of and from the crowd than I'd expected from earlier reviews. The incorporation of the computer graphics on the video screen into the movie at certain times was great, most notably in Kashmir.

Performances (As a band and individual)

What can I say - superb virtuosity all round. And to see it close up - WOW

Theater Experience

More comfortable than I was at the O2!

Pre-Show Experience

Unfortunately little, not many in attendance, complex quiet. Poorly promoted for mine.

Positives and Negatives (If applicable)

Strangely, I was a little underwhelmed when Good Times Bad Times started and recalled that also happened at the O2. Both may have had something to do with the sound (mix / feedback, live and the volume in the cinema). I started off being worried what my friends were thinking

I was pleasantly surprised to find that more of the dialogue about Jason's vocals before Misty Mountain Hop was left in than I was led to believe.

Favorite moments and what blew you away

(And these weren't the same as the concert...) Nobody's Fault But Mine was just brilliant, Misty Mountain Hop great including Jason's vocals, Kashmir was "colossal" and the visual editing in Rock and Roll. The expressive interaction between band members and their apparent joy just makes this movie.

Was it a get together with friends and the feeling it created amongst

My friends thought is was fantastic. Was great to see slave to zep there. I was confident she'd enjoy it!

Overall impression of the movie and experience

All I wanted it to be and more. Can't wait until the DVD comes out here on 16 Nov. I rather expected at the time of the concert I'd be watching it on DVD in 4-5 months time. There's no way it would have been as good if done that quickly. But SO GLAD I saw it on the big screen.

Archived