"Game of Thrones"

kingzoso

2 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

The Hound in the Golden Helmet!?

I have NO idea of what you mean by your post, but I will say that this is what I kind of expected of GoT  premiere.  Great and Good and leaving more questions of the fate of Others, while still carrying on the storyline. 

Next Sunday will reveal more and more until there is a final showdown between all the enemies of the Realm. 

We had a 2 AM  start here this morning for the first episode of series six, well worth sitting up for. Millisandre(?) at ********, wonder what magic she could weave.

Overall, good first episode.  What I didn't care for:

1.  The last we saw Sansa and reek, they were jumping from a 100 foot wall at Winterfell.  Next scene they are running through the woods in like 2 inches of snow.  Pretty unbelieveable that they would have survived that jump with so little snow!  The books describe the huge blizzard that STannis is fighting through so it is more believeable there.

2.  What the hell was that scene with the Sandsnakes on the ship to kill the prince.  Was the ship still in King's Landing's harbor?  How did the Sandsnakes get there when the last we saw them, they were walking back to the castle in Dorne with Mum while the ship carrying Myrcell and the prince was well on it's way out to seas.  Where were the Dorne sailers and guards on the boat?  And where did the prince get the stones and paint to start painting "death eye stones" for Myrcella?

3.  What happened to the vicious hounds after they found Sansa and the sword fighting began?  They run away?

4.  How could they kill off a bad ass like Oteah (the Dorne bodyguard) by letting some little girl just stab him once in the back?

Sorry. but the directors are (IMHO) pushing the line too much to close this series in 73 episodes and they are getting sloppy in the production of what was (and still is) a GREAT show!

Just my opinion mind you......

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

Overall, good first episode.  What I didn't care for:

1.  The last we saw Sansa and reek, they were jumping from a 100 foot wall at Winterfell.  Next scene they are running through the woods in like 2 inches of snow.  Pretty unbelieveable that they would have survived that jump with so little snow!  The books describe the huge blizzard that STannis is fighting through so it is more believeable there.

2.  What the hell was that scene with the Sandsnakes on the ship to kill the prince.  Was the ship still in King's Landing's harbor?  How did the Sandsnakes get there when the last we saw them, they were walking back to the castle in Dorne with Mum while the ship carrying Myrcell and the prince was well on it's way out to seas.  Where were the Dorne sailers and guards on the boat?  And where did the prince get the stones and paint to start painting "death eye stones" for Myrcella?

3.  What happened to the vicious hounds after they found Sansa and the sword fighting began?  They run away?

4.  How could they kill off a bad ass like Oteah (the Dorne bodyguard) by letting some little girl just stab him once in the back?

Sorry. but the directors are (IMHO) pushing the line too much to close this series in 73 episodes and they are getting sloppy in the production of what was (and still is) a GREAT show!

Just my opinion mind you......

I don't care how implausible the story line is going . it's TV/ fiction, entertainment, as long as I'm kept hooked (which I will be) the producers/writers can do what they want.

I have a feeling that Mance Rayder, the King Beyond the Wall, is going to make an appearance sometime before this 6th season is over.  Obviously, I could be very wrong and off my rocker, but something tells me that this is a possibility. 

Guess who's back???

(and it is not Mance Rayder as I posted above). 

Edited to add:  I didn't say who.  So please refrain from getting mad at me if anyone who posts on this topic has not seen the episode yet.  Thanks!!!

I don't see Mance coming back (unlike the book).  In the book, it was Mellisandre that used her magic to switch the bodies.  In the TV show, she doubts her powers (at least until she finds out what she did last night), so I don't think she will have saved Mance from the fire. 

12 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Guess who's back???

(and it is not Mance Rayder as I posted above). 

Edited to add:  I didn't say who.  So please refrain from getting mad at me if anyone who posts on this topic has not seen the episode yet.  Thanks!!!

Thanks for that, I've not seen it yet but I can guess, that woman and her magic, when she turned up at the keep in S6 Ep 1 I think it was fairly obvious what was possibly going to happen.

Just finished watching the episode.  EPIC!  Instead of setting up story lines for the first 3-4 episodes each season, they jumped right in.  Ranks up there with episodes 9&10 of last season.  THANK  YOU!

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Well, in GoT unless you actually SEE them die you never know!  And even then......now that Jon is back.....

You are absolutely correct in your assessment.  You never know. 

Here is one of many predictions that I have about the show.  Jon Snow is going to be the one that kills Ramsay Snow (Bolton).  That, or Sansa is going to get her revenge on Ramsay because of how cruel he was to her, especially on their wedding night. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else think that this past episode was awesome?  They all are, but I did enjoy this one (as I will the next 3). 

"What is dead may never die".  That seems to be a recent recurring theme on GoT.  One of the most hated (or loved) character returns, but to what end/purpose? 

I just loved the scene(s) with Lady Mormont. 

5 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Anyone else think that this past episode was awesome?  They all are, but I did enjoy this one (as I will the next 3). 

"What is dead may never die".  That seems to be a recent recurring theme on GoT.  One of the most hated (or loved) character returns, but to what end/purpose? 

I just loved the scene(s) with Lady Mormont. 

How can anyone hate ****** *******      

47 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

...WORST episode EVER!!  Without the book material to script from, D&D are floundering.  They are turning what was one of the greatest shows to hit the small screen into a joke!     

Come on now we all know the pre-penultimate is always low key...

On 6/13/2016 at 9:05 PM, Stryder1978 said:

...WORST episode EVER!!  Without the book material to script from, D&D are floundering.  They are turning what was one of the greatest shows to hit the small screen into a joke!     

Actually after watching, nothing low key at all. Great episode.

Archived