"Game of Thrones"

kingzoso

On 8/8/2017 at 9:33 PM, kingzoso said:

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater is one of my favorite characters on GoT, ever since the beginning.  He is smart and funny with a great sense of humor.  Too bad He is fighting on the wrong side.  With that being said, I will still be shocked and saddened if his death does occur. 

As much as I like Bron and the fact that this show is a fantasy series, I kinda feel like they came close to jumping the shark with last weeks episode for the following reasons:

Bron and that giant crossbow: No way in hell that thing would work in any universe. Trying to shoot an unguided projectile and hit an object moving (unpredictably) in a three dimensional space is just silly. Also, why didn't the stupid dragon (after being shot at the first time), either just circle Bron until he fell off the platform and then flamed him, or attack Bron from a steep angle so he could not even bring the crossbow to bear? I call this the Prometheus Effect.

Bron & Jamie: Bron escapes death from the dragon not once but TWICE and Jamie once. So, the dragon can flame an entire formation of men but one guy can simply roll out of the way of the massive blast of fire? Just like other action movies where the characters can outrun a blast or other explosion expanding at five hundred miles an hour.

Would it have been that difficult to find another way to defeat the dragons? Maybe they get an inside man in Dani's camp to poison one or more dragons by tainting their food? Or maybe one of those Red Witches sending some demon spawn after them? Just about any other idea is better than a giant crossbow. Or how about this...Cersei hires a warg who possesses one of the dragons? Now that would make for some very interesting scenes. As soon as they unveiled the crossbow I knew the writing was gonna get lazy.

I still like the show but the problem is the writers wrote themselves into a corner once they had Dani, the dragons, and her massive army of Mongol hordes land at Dragonstone. With the Dothraki and three dragons, that alone was the end, Dani only needed to lead the army to the gates of King's Landing and use the dragons as air support, killing any approaching enemy while not using them on Kings Landing. Dani would again have become the Breaker of Chains and won the prize but no...we have Dani decide to take Casterly Rock with a relatively small force and no assistance from even a single dragon. Euron's entire fleet would have been decimated if she sent one silly dragon. 

The ending I would like most to see is Cersei sitting on the Iron Throne...alone, everyone else dead and the land laid waste and barren. The population dying of sickness and starvation. Then, as the camera shows Cersei on the throne, Jamie enters and he approaches Cersei. They embrace and all of a sudden Cersei's expression changes to one of pain and surprise as she realizes this is not Jamie, but rather Arya who has finally completed her list. Cersei collapses and dies, Arya smiles and walks away. End of show.

...since Season 4 (when D&D ran out of book material and had to come up with plots and dialogue on their own), the show has really gone down hill!  Last night's beginning scene was a perfect example.  Jamie and Bronn somehow float downstream (after sinking like a stone last episode) and no one from Dany's army even bothers looking for them or see's them (only 80.000 Dothraki soldiers roaming around).  Heck even Tyrion (who SAW his brother be pulled into the river) doesn't bother looking  for him.  Yet Tyrion waddles back to Dragon Stone and at the next council knows that Jamie is not only alive but managed to walk back to King's Landing unscathed!

I am ready to give up on this show! 

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

...since Season 4 (when D&D ran out of book material and had to come up with plots and dialogue on their own), the show has really gone down hill!  Last night's beginning scene was a perfect example.  Jamie and Bronn somehow float downstream (after sinking like a stone last episode) and no one from Dany's army even bothers looking for them or see's them (only 80.000 Dothraki soldiers roaming around).  Heck even Tyrion (who SAW his brother be pulled into the river) doesn't bother looking  for him.  Yet Tyrion waddles back to Dragon Stone and at the next council knows that Jamie is not only alive but managed to walk back to King's Landing unscathed!

I am ready to give up on this show! 

Yep...

After all, Jamie crawled out of the lake about a half mile or so from the battlefield, still in full armor. You cannot swim or tread water in armor, you sink like a stone (just like in the prior episodes ending). Jesus Christ, at least have him crawl out in just his breeches, showing he somehow removed his armor and swam away (for a half mile or more, under water, without being detected).

BTW, Sam's father deserved being burned alive, the guy was a complete dick to Sam and as Tyrion stated, switched sides when convenient. Screw that Post Toastie.

38 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Yep...

After all, Jamie crawled out of the lake about a half mile or so from the battlefield, still in full armor. You cannot swim or tread water in armor, you sink like a stone (just like in the prior episodes ending). Jesus Christ, at least have him crawl out in just his breeches, showing he somehow removed his armor and swam away (for a half mile or more, under water, without being detected).

BTW, Sam's father deserved being burned alive, the guy was a complete dick to Sam and as Tyrion stated, switched sides when convenient. Screw that Post Toastie.

...not to mention that he followed the Targaryans in the war against Robert Baratheon.  And Dany isn't a foreigner like he stated...she was born at Dragonstone!

I swear they hired 14 year old comic book fans to write the scripts! 

There are only 2 more episodes of GoT remaining this season/(year).  I think these last two episodes will encompass roughly a total of 3 hours.  Episode 7 is stated as being 81 minutes in duration.  I, as well as Millions of other GoT fans, expect an epic "Cliffhanger" to end the season. 

Any guesses, opinions or theories of how this season will conclude? 

On 15/08/2017 at 5:35 AM, kingzoso said:

There are only 2 more episodes of GoT remaining this season/(year).  I think these last two episodes will encompass roughly a total of 3 hours.  Episode 7 is stated as being 81 minutes in duration.  I, as well as Millions of other GoT fans, expect an epic "Cliffhanger" to end the season. 

Any guesses, opinions or theories of how this season will conclude? 

Episode six actual length is sixty six minutes, so my son tells me, he's just watched the leak..

As much as I Love the Sopranos and Breaking Bad, I am amazed at how Game of Thrones keeps topping itself every episode after episode.  This HBO show is in one word:  EPIC.  (Just as Led Zeppelin was EPIC).  I have read that Mr. Plant is a fan of Game of Thrones. 

The last episode that airs next Sunday night will probably be the best episode in this series storied franchise.  There will be a lot of good and bad reunions and meetings of characters that have never been in the same scene at one time in the over 7 years that this show has been on HBO.  For those that watch this awesome show, you know of what I type.  For those that do not watch this show, and happen to read this post, I strongly urge you to take the time (if you have it) and invest said time.  You will not be disappointed. 

3 hours ago, kingzoso said:

As much as I Love the Sopranos and Breaking Bad, I am amazed at how Game of Thrones keeps topping itself every episode after episode.  This HBO show is in one word:  EPIC.  (Just as Led Zeppelin was EPIC).  I have read that Mr. Plant is a fan of Game of Thrones. 

The last episode that airs next Sunday night will probably be the best episode in this series storied franchise.  There will be a lot of good and bad reunions and meetings of characters that have never been in the same scene at one time in the over 7 years that this show has been on HBO.  For those that watch this awesome show, you know of what I type.  For those that do not watch this show, and happen to read this post, I strongly urge you to take the time (if you have it) and invest said time.  You will not be disappointed. 

The best season so far imo with only one epusode to go, it'll be a long wait till the next season.. Also only three episodes left of Twin Peaks (the return) a wholly enthralling totally bizzare show, multiple viewings of each episode required. I've also had to re watch the original two series and the Fire Walk With Me film to remind me of how things have got to where they are. Not everyones cup of tea but for me Twin Peaks is on my best ever TV shows list..

...sorry, but in my humble opinion the show has really gone down hill from the first 4 seasons.  So many plot holes, horrible dialogue, too rushed and substituting character development for cheap CGI battles and effects.  I can't wait for the final books to come out so we can get the real story.

I knew they were gonna zombify one of them dragons. You killed Kenny... the dragon. You Bastards!!! Then brought him back... Double Bastards!!!

So, this is how I foresee the season ending episode: Dani, Jon, and the rest of the merry gang in King's Landing trying desperately to convince Cersei of the greater, looming threat. She cries bullshit and the Mountain is a twat-hair away from smashing Jon Snows skull like a zit when zombie dragon Kenny shows up and light's the place up. Cue Cersei with the confused dog look on her puss as the Mountain walks out to confront the zombie dragon Kenny in the battle royale of Westeros.

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

After the last two episodes, they really need to change the catch phrase "The night is dark and full of terrors" to "This shows a farce and full of errors".

I am with ya there buddy. And what the hell is the problem with Arya? She used to be my favorite character now she is just a sociopathic little shit. I mean I find it pretty hard to believe she would be carrying this massive chip on her shoulder against Sansa without first having a heart to heart with her to find out if and how she has changed. How could a person who has been through so many changes herself believe her older sister is the same person from years prior?

This is one of the most obvious examples of bad writing. The other is the whole plot line with Sam going to Old Town to find out secrets on how to defeat the White-Walkers. Sam was told, by Stannis himself that the whole of Dragonstone is one massive mountain of dragon glass, yet Sam immediately forgot this fact? Then goes to Old Town and pretty much re-discovers the exact same thing which was told to him two seasons earlier? Lame.

The plot holes in this series are so large you could steer the Queen Mary through them!  Such a shame because the first 4 seasons were so captivating!  They have destroyed Arya and Jamie's characters so badly they are a shell of what they used to be.

As for the Arya/Sansa  catfight....apparently Arya forgot that she was LORD TWIN'S CUPBEARER at Harrenhal and had THREE chances to have the faceless man kill him (thus saving her mother and brother from the Freys).  Maybe Bran can let Sansa know that Arya is the true traitor of the family Stark.

I know that some on here who watch GoT have become disillusioned over certain aspects of where the show is heading, writing, plot holes etc...

I am not one of them.  I expect tonights season finale to be probably the best episode so far in this Epic "Song of Ice and Fire".  

Last nights season finale WAS epic - and just because of the special effects.  FINALLY a story line that made sense, no asinine plot holes and script armor and more in line with what is happening in the books (with the exception of the Winterfell story line).

Last night's episode was pretty damn good however Cersei double-crossing Dany & Jon is just a real stupid move on her part. Jamie was 100% correct yet Cersei, so much a slave to her hate, is willing to let it all go to shit rather than swallow her pride and join in the fight.

You know what would be hilarious...If Jon & Dany, after realizing what Cersei is pulling, instead just put up a bunch of "This way to King's Landing" signs on the road from the Wall going south, then chill on some island or in Dorne with their forces and let Cersei and the Mountain deal with shit.

4 hours ago, JTM said:

If anyone deserved to have their throat slit it was that devious, sneaky, scheming, manipulative, lying, treacherous, murdering traitor, it was him, good riddance.

One down...one to go

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Freeyyaa said:

Meet and greet the purebred Russian, who has never watched these TV-series and has never read a book by George Martin.

If you can, I highly recommend watching Got.  There are millions of fans from all over the world who would agree with me.  

Archived