Led Zeppelin NYC Press Conference / Premiere (10-09-12)

sam_webmaster

From what I've seen and read, this seemed much more like Jimmy's conference. Back at the London one he was slightly quieter, here he comes across very in-control, almost like a protective parent. Robert is more content to play up to the aging rockstar stereotype that John Paul embodied so well in the first press conference.

Oh oh, I can sense a shit storm coming up from the press directed at Robert :dont: I wonder how long it'll take before someone actually forgets the wonderful occasion for which the 4 of them came together in favour of pesturing poor Robert with questions on a reunion. God. I'd be sick and tired if I was Robert. They just can't leave it can they?? :mad:

Sam, thanks for the photos. Pagemeister- the videos and Cookie0024, loved the New York Times link! I can't wait for (hopefully) the video of the full press conference.

I am so excited to see this in the theater,then to have the DVD with the extras. I can only imagine how excited those of you who actually attended are :peace:

peope are way too serious...If people cant see Plant was answering a ? thats been asked 1000 times really,IMO, humorously, they will just stay stuck in whatever dream they have thats not going to be realized. I think Robert was half kidding...he's the only Zep member of which I know people who have met up with and they found him very gracious, warm and enthused about music in general. People will always want to see "bad blood" but sometimes friends grow apart and honestly... i'd rather spend time with Patty Griffin than the other 3 given a choice!!!!!

That being said Ill enjoy the hell out of the movie ,bluray/dvd and cd! I feel lucky we got this...

Press Conference Question;

Rock 101 question and answer: Tue Oct 9 [Led Zeppelin]

"Jimmy Page told us that he knew that the magic surrounding Led Zeppelin wouldn't last forever: ["I said, basically around the time of the first album, it's all a race against time, and I think it is. It still is. It still is a race against time and trying to do good work and improve on what you've done. It's more difficult as you get older because you know your days are numbered, really. Within Zeppelin we had this amazing vehicle that we could continue and continue and just come up with amazing things -- which fortunately we did continue, and we did come up with amazing stuff. But I still thought it was a race against time. I had no idea how prophetic it would be with the loss of John Bonham."]

Source Link

http://www.thebearrocks.com/blog/lochlin/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10447832

...before the Premeire, a glimpse of Ziegfield Theatre those who are not familir, like myself..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzPeWB8trEA&feature=player_detailpage

Press Conference Question;

Rock 101 question and answer: Tue Oct 9 [Led Zeppelin]

"Jimmy Page told us that he knew that the magic surrounding Led Zeppelin wouldn't last forever: ["I said, basically around the time of the first album, it's all a race against time, and I think it is. It still is. It still is a race against time and trying to do good work and improve on what you've done. It's more difficult as you get older because you know your days are numbered, really. Within Zeppelin we had this amazing vehicle that we could continue and continue and just come up with amazing things -- which fortunately we did continue, and we did come up with amazing stuff. But I still thought it was a race against time. I had no idea how prophetic it would be with the loss of John Bonham."]

Source Link

http://www.thebearrocks.com/blog/lochlin/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10447832

That's a nice answer by Jimmy, but I don't like the "This is Plant's fault" title of the article. It's bullshit and I'm sick and tired of people hating on Plant. The same goes for all this manufactured 'controversy' over Robert saying 'Schmuck'.

I'm surprised they wanted to do the press conferences. They must have really liked how the film turned out, and this is the next best thing to getting them to play together.

Plant's in NYC, why wouldn't he say "schmuck" with a smirk on his face? Would've been amusing if Cameron Crowe had been in with the press.

I'm a journalist covering the "Celebration Day" premiere for Yahoo! Music News and Yahoo! News UK and need to transcribe today's presser. Will a video of the entire press conference be posted here on the official forums, and if so, approximately when will it be available? Thanks.

Everyone's favourite Led Zeppelin whistleblower Eddie Trunk is at the premiere. He just sent this tweet:

'Zeppelin premiere star studded. Mick Jones, Joan Jett, Chad Smith, Kirk Hammett, Paul Stanley, many more, and oh yeah, LED ZEPPELIN!' http://twitter.com/E...816839689543680

EDIT: First pic of the band at the premiere is up

Zeppelin just came in. The best shot I could get. They are about 5 rows back pic.twitter.com/lLzdVoue

— Eddie Trunk (@EddieTrunk)

October 9, 2012

I'm a journalist covering the "Celebration Day" premiere for Yahoo! Music News and Yahoo! News UK and need to transcribe today's presser. Will a video of the entire press conference be posted here on the official forums, and if so, approximately when will it be available? Thanks.

Hey! No schmuck allowed in this forum.

Everyone's favourite Led Zeppelin whistleblower Eddie Trunk is at the premiere. He just sent this tweet:

'Zeppelin premiere star studded. Mick Jones, Joan Jett, Chad Smith, Kirk Hammett, Paul Stanley, many more, and oh yeah, LED ZEPPELIN!' http://twitter.com/E...816839689543680

EDIT: First pic of the band at the premiere is up

I guess Paul Stanley was the masseuse.

And Cookie, what exactly do you mean by 'Everyone's favourite Led Zeppelin whistleblower'? A whistleblower generally means somebody who blows the whistle on nefarious deeds at a company or corporate shenanigans.

Sam the web master said it will be put up eventually. Not sure when though.

I guess Paul Stanley was the masseuse.

And Cookie, what exactly do you mean by 'Everyone's favourite Led Zeppelin whistleblower'? A whistleblower generally means somebody who blows the whistle on nefarious deeds at a company or corporate shenanigans.

I'm referring to Eddie tweeting what Ross Halfin told him backstage about the 'Led Zeppelin activity' around Christmas.

truly the best way to grasp this press conference is just to watch it. By actually seeing the videos we've seen so far, you actually get the gist of what the guys were saying as opposed to the spin that the media put on things. If anything, the clips we've seen so far show them basically as a bunch of guys joking around and taking the piss out of the whole event while the journalists take it all seriously.

Didn't sense any annoyance from the boys, just them making it quite clear that IF THEY FEEL LIKE FOR SOME REASON, they can do something together in the future. Not a yes, not a no, not a hold your breath and wait it out or anything, just them basically saying they're human and that life happens. Page said it's not likely, but you never know where life may take you.

I love that they're doing multiple pressers for this, really shows just how proud they are of it as a band for them all to fly in and get together and talk about it together and then actually view it in the theatre together. I'll give you this though, Robert Plant is an utterly hilarious human being, I feel like he'd be just a fun guy to sit at the pub with for a couple of drinks, guy's just full of jokes and so full of life it seems for someone his age.

Archived