Led Zeppelin NYC Press Conference / Premiere (10-09-12)

sam_webmaster

Thanks for posting the press conference links. It was a much more lively event than London.

Two quick observations: one, I loved Jimmy'sdouble-take and surprised reaction to Robert's "opiate" reference; and two, one of the journalists referred to the 180g vinyl edition of Celebration Day (viva le vinyl!). Isn't it terrible that since the Classic Record pressing licence presumably expired you cannot buy Zeppelin's albums on new vinyl at all!?

Anyway, great times, looking forward to the film next week (buzz buzz buzz!!!) and, if this is their final concert statement, then I'm perfectly alright with that.

I concur 100% with everything you said in this post. As I said in another thread, they need to either strike another deal with Classic Records or license their catalogue to somebody, so that kids can get their albums on vinyl, the way they were meant to be heard.

I also am satisfied with the O2 being their final musical statement...but that's easy for those of us who saw the band in the 70s to say. I do feel, and understand, the frustration and almost painful yearning younger people have hoping to see them get back together. As much as I roll my eyes and scoff at reunion tour rumours, I really do understand your desires for them to come back.

Lastly, I'm not a Kiss fan so I don't keep up with them and their activities, but what has Paul Stanley done to his face? WTF!

I concur 100% with everything you said in this post. As I said in another thread, they need to either strike another deal with Classic Records or license their catalogue to somebody, so that kids can get their albums on vinyl, the way they were meant to be heard.

I also am satisfied with the O2 being their final musical statement...but that's easy for those of us who saw the band in the 70s to say. I do feel, and understand, the frustration and almost painful yearning younger people have hoping to see them get back together. As much as I roll my eyes and scoff at reunion tour rumours, I really do understand your desires for them to come back.

Lastly, I'm not a Kiss fan so I don't keep up with them and their activities, but what has Paul Stanley done to his face? WTF!

Paul Stanley was born with some facial disfigure, I forget the name of it, but he has done charity work for it

Thanks to everyone for the updates,articles and vids! :thumbsup:

This film just keeps building interest and the world is alive with the sounds of Led Zeppelin again.

...Indeed very Heartfelt Thanks to Sam for this Amazing Forum, as we all celebrate the Legendary Musicians who continue to Grace our lives. I truly feel privilged in such atmosphere created lately by the fan community here...I thank you all of you from bottom of my heart for sharing your thoughts, videos, photos, and above all your love for Led Zeppelin, the Cultural Instituion like no other... :thanku::notworthy:

It is a party like no other here, even though many of us could not have been there, to make each other feel welcomed and loved here is no less...

Thanks to Robert, Jason, John Paul Jones and James Patrick Page for rare glimpses, lifetime memories which we will never have enough of... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

...Indeed very Heartfelt Thanks to Sam for this Amazing Forum, as we all celebrate the Legendary Musicians who continue to Grace our lives. I truly feel privilged in such atmosphere created lately by the fan community here...I thank you all of you from bottom of my heart for sharing your thoughts, videos, photos, and above all your love for Led Zeppelin, the Cultural Instituion like no other... :thanku::notworthy:

It is a party like no other here, even though many of us could not have been there, to make each other feel welcomed and loved here is no less...

Thanks to Robert, Jason, John Paul Jones and James Patrick Page for rare glimpses, lifetime memories which we will never have enough of... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:goodpost:

I know this thread is for the NY premiere, and this vid below is from the London showing..Sorry-I just wanted to put this up, here as well.This was just posted on youtube approx. 55 minutes ago....Looks amazing!!

Hi Rock Historian!

Thanks for posting this. I know a lot of fans say this is over played. But after 4 decades this song still blows my mind! To be around when it first came out, to watch it become an icon in musical history, from an album that was untitled....Just WOW!!

PlanetPage, loved your post. Whether we are ones who got to see them in their glory days to those who got to see this event, the one thing is to see the joy,passion and love that we all have for this music. I am getting more and more excited for this Wednesday. Thanks to all for the contributions and this Forum to be able to share this with one another :peace:

I'd like to be the first to welcome you to this forum. I'm very familiar with the great things you've done for so many years with recorded music in Texas, and more recently New York. Bucks Burnett says this film is beyond perfect that's all I really need to know and need not concern myself with what the critics report.

This is bizarre. You are welcoming yourself to this forum!!! You then go on to congratulate yourself on the 'great things' you have done with recorded music in Texas!!!

You and '8trackmuseum'/bucks burnett are one and the same person.

However, it may be laughable to see any further conversations with yourself.

The Forum Guidelines state "...You may have one username on the board at any one time. If you wish to change your name, you can do so through the Change Display Name option in your user control panel. We reserve the right to merge or delete multiple accounts".

This is bizarre. You are welcoming yourself to this forum!!! You then go on to congratulate yourself on the 'great things' you have done with recorded music in Texas!!!

You and '8trackmuseum'/bucks burnett are one and the same person.

However, it may be laughable to see any further conversations with yourself.

The Forum Guidelines state "...You may have one username on the board at any one time. If you wish to change your name, you can do so through the Change Display Name option in your user control panel. We reserve the right to merge or delete multiple accounts".

Uh- no they are not the same person. I had the pleasure of meeting Bucks Burnett at the NYC premiere & can assure you that Steve A Jones and Bucks Burnett are not the same.

Uh- no they are not the same person. I had the pleasure of meeting Bucks Burnett at the NYC premiere & can assure you that Steve A Jones and Bucks Burnett are not the same.

^^ I was thinking what the hell with that post as well. Stargroves Tangie, good post :-)

I was with Stargroves Tangerine for the premiere and can confirm this. It was certainly a pleasure meeting Bucks Burnett.

I have really enjoyed this thread of the NYC premiere and press conference, with one exception. Nice first post equity!

:rant::wtf::buttsmack:

Hi - I'm Bucks Burnett - saw LZ in 73, 75, 77 (twice) and 07. I went to the NYC press conference and screening at Museum of Modern Art - thought about 1/3 of the journalists were just jackals - kept hammering the band about touring again, after they explained they wouldn't - and so then the band gets described as 'difficult' - by that same press - what a setup! The band were actually jovial and witty about most of it, I heckled a few of the journalists because they deserved it. Anyway, hello everybody! I live in Dallas but travel occasionally to catch some rock action, esp. LZ! I think the movie is INCREDIBLE.

Here's a direct link I wrote regarding the NYC premiere and review of the film on a blog.

http://rockturtlenec...turtleneck.html

SuperDave, your review is informative and entertaining, I will count you as a Official Celebrity from now on...

...we have discussed much attire of Led Zeppelin/Famous Scarves, hair...etc. for Zeppelin attending Celebration Day..

Now fans those who attended, do tell us some of your choices of attire for this auspicious occasion...did you have hard time deciding what to wear, a certain look you wanted to present, or just rather casual/semi-casual...I personally would have hard time deciding how to carry on this Legendary Night...

Archived