What penalty should be given to child abductors?

joe (Liverpool)

Pro death penalty supporters are as bad as the people who commit murder. But to answer the question I'd lock 'em up and throw away the key.

Joe, I'd rather they were locked up for the rest of their lives. I would want them to be reminded why they were never going to be let back into the free world, of what they had done, what they had done to the lives of the people they had hurt by whatever henious despicable unforgivable crime they had commited. They can suffer by not being executed. Execution gives them release, Something the victims would never have.

So .... you won't execute them so they'll suffer more?

I want to see justice for the victims and their loved ones.

Sorry, I care about their rights and not the rights some serial killer that pissed away their rights.

Knowing the person that murdered my child was lifting weights, watching free cable and getting 3 square meals a day would bother me to no end.

Your opening comment still bothers me.

A parent that loses a child to an abductor is as bad as the abductor for wanting them executed?

Sorry, I care about their rights and not the rights some serial killer that pissed away their rights.

Knowing the person that murdered my child was lifting weights, watching free cable and getting 3 square meals a day would bother me to no end.

A parent that loses a child to an abductor is as bad as the abductor for wanting them executed?

It bothers you that I'm anti death penalty? That's my opinion I am entitled to it, just as you are to yours.

Don't bother Bro.

It bothers you that I'm anti death penalty? That's my opinion I am entitled to it, just as you are to yours.

No. Not at all.

It bothers me that you say that people in favor of execution in a case that involves an abducted child or serial killer are just as bad as the murderers.

You put that on a reply to my comment, so I have a right and obligation to respond..

That your anti death penality isn't it at all. And I do respect your opinion.

After the most recent child abduction case which happened last week. The suspect has been charged with abduction and murder. What do you think should be done to deter other people from doing the same thing and inflicting so much pain on friends and familes. I personally think that at present there is no deterrent.What is your opinion on the subject?

I think it was Ken Clarke who, when he was the Justice Secretary, said: "prison doesn't work"

Not at all,send them a check and canteen money.By your logic it would be better to support the perp than the victim.Yes or no?

Loss of liberty is enough for me. The victim will always suffer whatever the support. I would not want to be in their shoes, their loss is forever. If it were me i would want justice not vengance. As the law stands now their is no death penalty, so the justice now is loss of liberty until the day of death....I'm saying no more, I'm out of this one it's too hot.

Loss of liberty is enough for me. The victim will always suffer whatever the support. I would not want to be in their shoes, their loss is forever. If it were me i would want justice not vengance. As the law stands now their is no death penalty, so the justice now is loss of liberty until the day of death....I'm saying no more, I'm out of this one it's too hot.

Fail

To all the bleeding hearts and do-gooders we appear to have here. I ask a smiple question, if you were just minding your own business, say in a bar and the bloke next to you punched you in the face what would you do? Ask him to sit down and cool off and think about what he has just done, or would you thump him back even harder?

To all the bleeding hearts and do-gooders we appear to have here. I ask a smiple question, if you were just minding your own business, say in a bar and the bloke next to you punched you in the face what would you do? Ask him to sit down and cool off and think about what he has just done, or would you thump him back even harder?

That wasn't question Joe.

If a jury that hears all the evidence finds the crime deserving of execution ... that's Justice..

If someone, like the man on my avatar goes out and takes the law into their own hands, that's revenge or vegeance..

Just pointing out that by sending them to prison so they can contemplate what they did as JTM suggested doesn't offer a punishment. The punishment should fit the crime abduction, rape and murder of a terrified child deserves DEATH, no more, no less

You look at Ian Brady though, he's claimed he's "wanted to die" for years rather than live with his crimes in jail. That to me seems as good a punishment as possible, a life of self inflicted suffering.

The risk here is that "pedomania" kicks off again as it did a decade ago with all the ugly aspects of mob rule that entailed.

After the most recent child abduction case which happened last week. The suspect has been charged with abduction and murder. What do you think should be done to deter other people from doing the same thing and inflicting so much pain on friends and familes. I personally think that at present there is no deterrent.What is your opinion on the subject?

Life in prison with no chance of parole for the case last week.

Archived