Celebration Day - London Premiere 10-12-12

sam_webmaster

20121018withBenjiLefevre_zpsddeb0fcc.jpg

Former Led Zeppelin Tour Manager Richard Cole (on the left) with former Led Zeppelin vocal tech Benji Lefevre.

(Photo Courtesy of Dave Lewis)

...Thank you! I was wondering about the Entrouge, Fan Favorite Road Manger, Richard Cole!! Good to see him happy!!

People film in a cinema for boots for brand new movies or obscure ones but not sure w/ Blu Ray/Dvd coming why it wouldnt just be a hassle for this but...hey its Zep! Where I live if they catch u they sic the police on u immediately....

I don't really understand either. It's kind of a waste of time. The real thing will be out in about a month. It doesn't really surprise me as its Zep. :D

• Administrators

Nick Mason on Celebration Day:

"Celebration Day - The film of the Led Zep concert at the O2 – Great the event was filmed, but a bit solid in dynamics, visual and sonic, and a shortage of cameras meant there wasn’t enough detail for me. Not nearly enough of Jason Bonham in particular…I don’t think I ever saw a single drum fill completed on screen, which is a shame for the rhythmic anoraks in the audience.

I now know I’m aging, as not only did it feel unrelentingly loud, but not loud enough to stop the guys behind me singing along (badly) talking (loudly) and slapping their legs (out of time) I wanted to turn around and say shhhh…But with 2,000 watts pumping out from the sound system it occurred to me they wouldn’t be able to hear me…. But if it was you row F block 9 thank you for eventually desisting when I gave my full angry head half turn."

---

Nick Mason on Celebration Day:

"Celebration Day - The film of the Led Zep concert at the O2 – Great the event was filmed, but a bit solid in dynamics, visual and sonic, and a shortage of cameras meant there wasn’t enough detail for me. Not nearly enough of Jason Bonham in particular…I don’t think I ever saw a single drum fill completed on screen, which is a shame for the rhythmic anoraks in the audience.

I now know I’m aging, as not only did it feel unrelentingly loud, but not loud enough to stop the guys behind me singing along (badly) talking (loudly) and slapping their legs (out of time) I wanted to turn around and say shhhh…But with 2,000 watts pumping out from the sound system it occurred to me they wouldn’t be able to hear me…. But if it was you row F block 9 thank you for eventually desisting when I gave my full angry head half turn."

---

A drummer speaks. But it wasn't filmed for a cinema release as we know so it's what there was. Floyd had theirs filmed specially at Earls court and released as Pulse. What we see of Jason is fantastic and he drove the band along all night and you can see how happy and proud Jimmy JPJ and Robert were of and for him throughout the show. Loud yes. Loud and proud. Can't wait to see it again tomorrow and see things I missed on the night and last Friday.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived