What was the favourite time of your life?

joe (Liverpool)

Now is my favourite time of my life.

Like today watching my friend perform in this amazing Carson McCullers play "The Square Root of Wonderful". Or tomorrow when I give my nephew his birthday gifts and get to see his eyes alight with glee. Or later this week when I go see Neil Young & Crazy Horse in concert and the Led Zeppelin concert film on consecutive nights. Or the four great concerts I saw last week: Seasick Steve; Grimes; Grizzly Bear; Jason Bonham's LZE. Or the time a pack of dolphins swam past me a couple months ago. Or playing leapfrog with my nieces and later making cookies with them and teaching them to crack an egg one-handed.

In other words, I don't like to wallow in the past. Whatever time I'm living in, that's my favourite. When I was growing up in the 1970s and starting to go to concerts and discovering girls, that was my favourite time. When I was in Europe in the 80s, that was great...loved my twenties!

Just as I am learning to like being 50 now, having made several great new friends in the past year and receive a really great bill of health after my last physical and my first colonoscopy.

Yes, every period of my life has had its ups and downs...the trick is to focus on the ups more than the downs and squeeze as much enjoyment of every day that you can. No sense dwelling on yesterday at the expense of today.

Now is my favourite time of my life.

Like today watching my friend perform in this amazing Carson McCullers play "The Square Root of Wonderful". Or tomorrow when I give my nephew his birthday gifts and get to see his eyes alight with glee. Or later this week when I go see Neil Young & Crazy Horse in concert and the Led Zeppelin concert film on consecutive nights. Or the four great concerts I saw last week: Seasick Steve; Grimes; Grizzly Bear; Jason Bonham's LZE. Or the time a pack of dolphins swam past me a couple months ago. Or playing leapfrog with my nieces and later making cookies with them and teaching them to crack an egg one-handed.

In other words, I don't like to wallow in the past. Whatever time I'm living in, that's my favourite. When I was growing up in the 1970s and starting to go to concerts and discovering girls, that was my favourite time. When I was in Europe in the 80s, that was great...loved my twenties!

Just as I am learning to like being 50 now, having made several great new friends in the past year and receive a really great bill of health after my last physical and my first colonoscopy.

Yes, every period of my life has had its ups and downs...the trick is to focus on the ups more than the downs and squeeze as much enjoyment of every day that you can. No sense dwelling on yesterday at the expense of today.

:goodpost:

I just turned 45 years young. And, found a colorist to return my hair to a reasonable facsimile..c'mon ladies, you know how good that feels :-)

My favorite is NOW. Today. This forum. Being surrounded by friends and people who love me and let me love them back.

My favorite is last Friday night, as I watched a very good friend's daughter get married. They hired my daughter to photograph this precious event. WARNING: Mommy brag alert...I had countless people come up to me, some I didnt realize even knew who I was, and tell me what a great job I have done with both my son and daughter. My kids even let me dance with them and their friends..haha.

My favorite is that I have not one, but 2 jobs especially in this economy.

Oh, yeah, and who has a ticket to Wednesday night's show? Me.

And my favorite is something my Dad always says, "The best is yet to come".

I have to agree with the folks who say now. Now is my favorite. Mostly because I feel like I'm getting better as an individual. At the same time I enjoy do the past. I had some fun times back there. And like the poster I loved my teens/20's, I could drink my arse off and still get up and do stuff lol (if I did that now I'd die) But I also lacked sound judgment and had little ambition. I loved my childhood to. Ah the magical times of childhood.

But who says "now" cant be a magical time as well. I think it can. And fun to! I just want to keep on evolving individually and MAKING the game of life more fun, better and exciting for all concerned. :)

Whilst I agree with all the posters who say now I will have to say 1990 when I was 28. Me and Mrs CP sold our house and took a one way flight to Bangkok. Spent a couple of months lounging on some beautiful beaches, went to some very low key parties on the beach, smoked loads of grass and met some very cool people. Then took a punt going to Australia where we worked picking fruit for a 3 months which was great, hard work but great fun. Then back to Thailand to chill on a beautiful island for a month. Finally a flight to India where we followed the Ganges and ended up in the Foothills of The Himalayas in a breathtaking village called Manali in North India. We stayed a month but could have stayed a lifetime. We were travelling the best part of a year. On our return we lived in the hills and returned to Asia for the next 3 years.

• 2 months later...

Probably when I was younger meaning the ages of 7-10. I had so much fun with my friends & my cousins. Those were good times. Didn't know much about computers, there wasn't any cell phones just landlines.

Also the time I met Spike Lee. Only a few of our family know about that.

I have had alot of good times through my life.My late teens have a special place in my heart,moving to cali...ect. I look forward to the future not to have phobias and anxiety,to have that freedom to just go again.Even still I have had great times with family and friends. Turning 50 is a little scary,but I don't feel 50!! :P

Archived