Jimmy winding us up again?

henrybonzo

thank you Knebby

I hope Ross gets the green light to post up some new photos to his diary soon.

Halfin isn't his spokesperson. As to the "activity", Jimmy's said this many times before and we none of us will believe anything until there's an official announcement. Nice thought though.

All I can say is, let's hope for the best! :D

Seeing him last night in the film, close up was amazing to me.... his snarling, smiling, laughing, sweating, wrenching every last drop out of his guitar and adding that snarky note here and there......

He knows that is what he was born to do, and we know that is what he was born to do!

In listening to his recent interviews I believe the creative spark is still there, he just seems to be very busy in the Zeppelin legacy outlet.

Let us all hope he finds the focus, time and channel for new stuff!

Just like I waited on the o2 release, I will be patient and hope for the best!

:)

"The well is dry. That dog won't hunt." - SteveAJones circa 2008-2009.

Would be great to see Jimmy prove Jones wrong. I'm guessing Steve could live with it.

I could live with it.

fdm12 - thanks for re-posting this interview. I commented on it on the other thread to say that it's a really key interview and really represents Jimmy's attitude. I don't think for one moment that he'd use the word "retired" . And although he can be disingenuous to a fault, that's a long way from what would be a cynical approach of talking up the "new album, new tour" stuff, while actually "being retired" .

I believe that what he says is true : all he says, and he doesn't really say it that often, is an expression of intent - and to that extent, I think it's heartfelt. This interview is helpful because it's an insight into some of the obstructions he's met along the way.

When he says this "new album, new tour" stuff .. personally, I believe he is bent upon it. But that he is governed by the sense of what would be truly appropriate for him, and with whom ... and as this interview hints, frustrated by the many things that now stand in his way to do it on his own terms.

( I think we're all with his own terms - aren't we? - isn't it a lot to do with why we rate him as we do ? )

He is an absolute musical colossus and the evidence of Celebration Day ( and more recently his Roy Harper cameo appearance) shows that remains the case. Yet he is evidently a fierce guardian of his own credibility and reputation ( and a control freak). Result: a kind of paralysis

I think he intends everything, but will deliver.... only what works on his terms.

I wish him the very best. It's a tough circle to square.

fdm12 - thanks for re-posting this interview. I commented on it on the other thread to say that it's a really key interview and really represents Jimmy's attitude. I don't think for one moment that he'd use the word "retired" . And although he can be disingenuous to a fault, that's a long way from what would be a cynical approach of talking up the "new album, new tour" stuff, while actually "being retired" .

I believe that what he says is true : all he says, and he doesn't really say it that often, is an expression of intent - and to that extent, I think it's heartfelt. This interview is helpful because it's an insight into some of the obstructions he's met along the way.

When he says this "new album, new tour" stuff .. personally, I believe he is bent upon it. But that he is governed by the sense of what would be truly appropriate for him, and with whom ... and as this interview hints, frustrated by the many things that now stand in his way to do it on his own terms.

( I think we're all with his own terms - aren't we? - isn't it a lot to do with why we rate him as we do ? )

He is an absolute musical colossus and the evidence of Celebration Day ( and more recently his Roy Harper cameo appearance) shows that remains the case. Yet he is evidently a fierce guardian of his own credibility and reputation ( and a control freak). Result: a kind of paralysis

I think he intends everything, but will deliver.... only what works on his terms.

:goodpost:

He told me he is touring next year "for sure". I would love to believe him .

I am just curious was this in person, by phone or email etc He said he was gonna have new stuff out by the end of 2010 and tour then as well. I am patient and can wait till whenever-just curious how you got to know him.

He told me he is touring next year "for sure". I would love to believe him .

May I also ask, Knebby, how you know him, if you don't mind? I would be very interested.

I am happy that Ross isn't his spokesperson. That you have cleared that up. When his website isn't updated like it is right now-- with no OTD page new or old, it always gives me hope. Like he will tell us something soon. I think he wants to continue making music. I don't believe he's retired-- certainly not after what he is saying and seeing him last night in Celebration Day. I do think he's just busy with Zeppelin right now than the Kennedy Honors in December. I always hope.

Fixed that for you.

He did get very ambitious. It never materialized but he wanted to reunite as Led Zeppelin and after Plant wouldn't go for it he, Jones and Bonham worked on something that didn't pan out. I think he might get pumped again and make it happen. If it's something solo there will be less distractions and more likely to happen. Anyways, we'll all be waiting to see what happens.

May I also ask, Knebby, how you know him, if you don't mind? I would be very interested.

I am happy that Ross isn't his spokesperson. That you have cleared that up. When his website isn't updated like it is right now-- with no OTD page new or old, it always gives me hope. Like he will tell us something soon. I think he wants to continue making music. I don't believe he's retired-- certainly not after what he is saying and seeing him last night in Celebration Day. I do think he's just busy with Zeppelin right now than the Kennedy Honors in December. I always hope.

Did I? I thought I was just reiterating what we all knew.

Ross and Jimmy are close friends but I never look at anything Ross says about Jimmy as official - Jimmy has been in the business too long to conduct his publicity through a photographer, and that isn't intended as an insult to either of them.

I've been quite deliberate in stating that official announcements are the only thing to wait for. It's also deliberate that I don't say more about my own experience. There are too many waiting to pounce. Cheers . :)

As we have had Jonesy's take on Led Zeppelin time,

I would love to hear what sort of timescale Jimmy operates on...... :mellow:

Anyway there is always a place in my CD rack for a new album, if CD's are still a valid format by then?

Did I? I thought I was just reiterating what we all knew.

Ross and Jimmy are close friends but I never look at anything Ross says about Jimmy as official - Jimmy has been in the business too long to conduct his publicity through a photographer, and that isn't intended as an insult to either of them.

I've been quite deliberate in stating that official announcements are the only thing to wait for. It's also deliberate that I don't say more about my own experience. There are too many waiting to pounce. Cheers . :)

What I meant is, that is usually where we do hear about Jimmy. We hear straight from him so rarely. Thanks. :)

Excellent post, I agree with you!

How I would love to believe this, but, as with the rumours about that mysterious Zeppelin activity which turned out to be celebration day: I will wait for an official announcement!! I'll be the first to buy his album and buy tix to see him, but I won't get my hopes up until I see an official statement..As much as I love Jimmy, but I'd rather wait than getting hopes squashed..

How I would love to believe this, but, as with the rumours about that mysterious Zeppelin activity which turned out to be celebration day: I will wait for an official announcement!! I'll be the first to buy his album and buy tix to see him, but I won't get my hopes up until I see an official statement..As much as I love Jimmy, but I'd rather wait than getting hopes squashed..

And I agree with you.

Archived