Jimmy winding us up again?

henrybonzo

:lol: It's funny how people are so Anti-Halfin, yet when Page is featured in his diary, people don't mind visiting his website.

Hi betteremily!

I can only speak for myself, but since he made the comment about Jason I have not been to his diary once, not even if something is posted here. He crossed the line IMHO. I know he is Jimmy's friend, but I have no respect for Halfin.

Hi betteremily!

I can only speak for myself, but since he made the comment about Jason I have not been to his diary once, not even if something is posted here. He crossed the line IMHO. I know he is Jimmy's friend, but I have no respect for Halfin.

Hey Deborah! What's shakin', lady?

I respect you for sticking to your guns. I was just pointing out how Ross Halfin is sometimes 'useful' to those who despise him. Which I think is totally hilarious. I personally grant RH the right to be human like everyone else, even if that means being an asshole (or coming off like one). You never can quite tell where someone's heart is and, imo, that's what really counts when judgement time comes...anyway... as you all were. :stereo:

I'd love having yet another Zeppelin release before the studio album and tour.

Maybe something like this?

2013 Q2: TSRTS Revisited or something like this; raw MSG footage

2013 Q4: a new studio album by Jimmy Page

2014: a world tour.

I'd be happy, but surprised if he did an album of new music and touring.

I would be just as thrilled if he would put together a DVD Retrospective of his own musical history. Along the lines of "It Might Get Loud," but include the full songs from those early days, The Yardbirds, select favorite Led Zeppelin performances, and his post career with The Firm, Plant/Page, Black Crowes, etc. A couple new songs would be the ultimate bonus. :thumbsup:

Set the DVD up so that the full songs can be played separately "Play All" without the documentary portion if desired. I loved hearing everything he said on IMGL and am sure he has many more stories to share on the documentary side of it too.

If he threw in a couple new songs as icing on the cake, then you'd have a multi-million selling DVD imo. It never hurts to wish, right? :) Missy

Interviewer: "What’s next? Is there going to be a new record?"

Page: "Yes, there is. My main intention this year is to get up to speed. The way to look at it is that I took a year out. I had some things to sort out and that's done and now it's time to get back on a serious roll this year. And hopefully, there will be some new music. What I need to be doing is trying to make a new musical statement. I had some great fun playing with the Black Crowes, but we were doing a lot of Zeppelin material on that tour. Then I was busy doing the DVD and the How the West Was Won live album. That was great fun as well. But now it's time to do something that makes people say, "I didn't think you'd do that, but I can see why you've done it." We'll see what we come up with. I'm not retired yet, if that's what you're asking".

Interviewer: One suggestion I read last year was that you might make a collaborative live album with different singers and songwriters, as Carlos Santana has done recently.

Page: "That's not what I've got in mind at the moment, although other people did make some overtures of that kind. There are so many avenues I could take at this point. Or maybe they're footpaths. It's just a question of which one to commit to, because when you get involved in a project, it's a time-consuming thing. Let's put it this way: I've got a line drawing. I just haven't filled the colour in yet."

Here's the punchline - the interview above was conducted nearly seven years ago (February 2005).

Interviewer: "What’s next? Is there going to be a new record?"

Page: "Yes, there is. My main intention this year is to get up to speed. The way to look at it is that I took a year out. I had some things to sort out and that's done and now it's time to get back on a serious roll this year. And hopefully, there will be some new music. What I need to be doing is trying to make a new musical statement. I had some great fun playing with the Black Crowes, but we were doing a lot of Zeppelin material on that tour. Then I was busy doing the DVD and the How the West Was Won live album. That was great fun as well. But now it's time to do something that makes people say, "I didn't think you'd do that, but I can see why you've done it." We'll see what we come up with. I'm not retired yet, if that's what you're asking".

Interviewer: One suggestion I read last year was that you might make a collaborative live album with different singers and songwriters, as Carlos Santana has done recently.

Page: "That's not what I've got in mind at the moment, although other people did make some overtures of that kind. There are so many avenues I could take at this point. Or maybe they're footpaths. It's just a question of which one to commit to, because when you get involved in a project, it's a time-consuming thing. Let's put it this way: I've got a line drawing. I just haven't filled the colour in yet."

Here's the punchline - the interview above was conducted nearly seven years ago (February 2005).

John Paul Jones said that 5 years is like 5 days in Led Zeppelin time, so I guess we have to be patient.

R :bubble:

• 5 months later...

Just to let all Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin Officialfans know that there will be a new posting on jimmypage.com on Friday,April 12.

The official Jimmy Page Facebook Page just posted this with a smaller resolution version of this gallows pole image.

A post missing the image was posted, and quickly deleted.

As you can see, it's rare for a photo to be uploaded to Jimmy Page's Facebook Page without an announcement to follow.

The photo itself is of 'Caxton Gibbet', a mysterious gallows pole with a lot of mystery attached to it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caxton_Gibbet

post-20091-0-44569500-1365600813_thumb.j

post-20091-0-66174600-1365600883_thumb.j

post-20091-0-31691400-1365600892_thumb.j

The official Jimmy Page Facebook Page just posted this with a smaller resolution version of this gallows pole image.

A post missing the image was posted, and quickly deleted.

As you can see, it's rare for a photo to be uploaded to Jimmy Page's Facebook Page without an announcement to follow.

The photo itself is of 'Caxton Gibbet', a mysterious gallows pole with a lot of mystery attached to it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caxton_Gibbet

... :zzz: ...

Perhaps this announcement is a way of moving away from the front page being tied to a particular day. My guess is that he found that format to be sufficiently explored and is now ready to continue to put out daily bits but perhaps not tied to a particular day--at least all the time. Today's bit about "Gallows Pole" was cool. A bit like listening to records with Jimmy Page. Might be interesting.

Perhaps this announcement is a way of moving away from the front page being tied to a particular day. My guess is that he found that format to be sufficiently explored and is now ready to continue to put out daily bits but perhaps not tied to a particular day--at least all the time. Today's bit about "Gallows Pole" was cool. A bit like listening to records with Jimmy Page. Might be interesting.

I suppose casual fans surfing into the site may find whatever Pete (Makowski) posts there from here on out to be interesting, and that's all good and well, but let's not kid ourselves that the On This Day format was fully explored and reached it's full potential. I myself could provide six applicable inputs for new On This Day, April 12. It was only meant to run for a year and it did.

It's ZEPPELIN or nothing for Jim...it's been that way for a long long time. There is no solo effort in the works.

Is he kidding us then? He has directly said several times that he's going to tour in Summer 2013.

Is he kidding us then? He has directly said several times that he's going to tour in Summer 2013.

Never said that; over the past 15 years he does not plainly, directly or specifically anything solo merely alludes, infers, suggests, intends.

We know for a fact that there's a solo effort in the works.

we would like to believe so but it is not a fact he is working on anything zeppelin related for release. Bluntly, but respectfully, there is no solo l.p. in the works.

Solo effort yes, solo effort amounting to anything worthy of an official release not so much.

To work on music for who knows how long and still not come up with something that he feels meets his standards must be be so frustrating for him. I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that he WANTS to compose new music or he wouldn't bother to say he did.

Archived