Celebration Day WTF?!

Last night I went to the premier of the Led Zeppelin "movie". Aside from the fact that the theater couldn't get the sound system to work, the audience continually screamed "LOUDER", the LAPD was called and I left during the 2nd song and got a refund, the movie was good....

OK, I'm just kidding about it being good. Plant can't sing, Jones looks like he'd rather be at Guitar Center buying a 9 string bass, Page sounded wooden, and the film was constantly cutting away to super 8 clips. Don't these guys get it? Thank god they didn't have a reunion tour, they suck.

Reading the posts this morning, I see that this was a common problem around the world. I had tickets to this concert when it was staged and ended up selling them. I waited 5 years to see what I missed and now I'm glad I sold my tickets. These guys look like complete idiots up on stage and you know why? Because unlike the Stones or Clapton, these guys aren't out there year after year performing. They sit at home re-living the glory days of their pre-1975 catalog and finally come out of retirement to do one concert? This is so typical of Jimmy Page's crap. When John Bonham died he sat upstairs in his room for 2 years obsessing over the death of his band.

No chemistry on stage at the O2, none whatsoever.

Jimmy, do the world a favor. Take all the outtakes, audio, photos, etc, and just release them to the general public. Stop screwing with the fans. You're a jerk for doing this, seriously. You gonna take all these things with you to the grave? You tell the public "I'm working on a special project" after this concert, then release this self-indulgent book that you charge $750 for and all it has is a bunch of photos???

This film shouldn't have been called "Celebration Day", it should have been titled "The song doesn't remain the same, the record is just skipping".

I hope Jimmy Page reads the comments on this website (and why wouldn't he, it's not like he's busy making music).

I've been a fan of Led Zeppelin since they formed. After last night, I'm going to ebay all the stuff I had you and Robert sign for me, I'm done with you and your pathetic treatment of the fans.

Don't feed the troll.

Just like in 2007 when the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute concert brought out a lot of trolls from the woodwork, I've recently noticed a lot of the same idiots coming out of hibernation.

I've been a fan of Led Zeppelin since they formed. After last night, I'm going to ebay all the stuff I had you and Robert sign for me, I'm done with you and your pathetic treatment of the fans.

At least got some autographs, because you never got the music, did you? Good riddance.

I saw it at a Famous Players VIP cinema in Coquitlam and it was awesome!! So good to see it on the big screen.......it could have been louder but still very good sound. It's playing again but downtown Vancouver on the 25th and I'm going again! Sooooooo good to see them play......teared up during Stariway....OK I'm a light-weight

I don't believe you. That would'nt/couldn't happen.....Started it again, Bollox. Your post stinks of an untruth.

I believe him. It happened at the theatre that I went to last night. After much complaining from the audience about the low volume and ceiling lights left on, during Ramble On the screen went blank, sound stopped. A theatre staff member spoke to the audience and explained that they would be restarting the film at full volume....and they did (turned down the lighting too).

I believe him. It happened at the theatre that I went to last night. After much complaining from the audience about the low volume and ceiling lights left on, during Ramble On the screen went blank, sound stopped. A theatre staff member spoke to the audience and explained that they would be restarting the film at full volume....and they did (turned down the lighting too).

Ok then, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt...Just find it unusual, it would not happen at a cinema here.

I don't believe you. That would'nt/couldn't happen.....Started it again, Bollox. Your post stinks of an untruth.

It is true! The volume was so low that I could hear the guy next to me speak to his wife. Everyone was furious because after constant yelling to turn up the volume, they still could not get it to work they even paused a few times during the film. It wasn't until people began to leave their seats and walking into the other room where the movie was also being shown, that the theater staff actually began to acknowledge our cries!

Well after the huge screw up with Omniverse Vision and not getting the unlock keys out a second night in a row I ended up driving way the hell across town to the other location of Cinetopia to watch it. Almost didn't go, but glad I did. Definitely fun to watch and no problems with volume with plenty of great IPA to enjoy while watching it. Kinda funny the local theater only shows it two nights and both nights they couldn't play it, wow.

I feel bad for the people that experienced glitches...It must have been like losing the tix lottery in 07 again I really do feel bad....wish these places that screwed up would give u all a free second show and get it right....I was fortunate butnow feel so bad about the people that missed it I dont even want to post more abt it...many of u are lucky enough to have surround sound and HD which I dont I hope that helps some of the pain on Nov 19th...in mine they yelled louder at beginning of GTBT and they turned it up immrdiately but these are horror stories I am hearing...Complain LOUDLY to the theater!

At the Rave theater in Baton Rouge, the volume wasn't loud enough and a man complained. Halfway through GTBT they started it over full blast. I feel bad for the people who had to watch it with a low volume. It was a much more enjoyable experience with the volume loud.

Yeah I was unable to see Celebration Day in theaters. I'm actually really pissed about it because if this is the last thing they're doing, then I really needed to see it! But I'm reading that you can request the film in your theater. Anyone know about this?

Archived