Celebration Day volume at cinema.

poortom

went to the screening last night with fantastic anticipation,as i was at the O2 in 2007,and i was over cooking with excitement when the cinema lights went down, the trailers were showing before the film and the stereo sound was fantastic and loud, my great dissapointment was when Led Zeppelin came on stage the film wasn't loud enough, i was hoping as on the night, Jason's kick drum would beat my chest again and be blasted by the music, you could barely cough or talk without having to wisper. Is it the cinema's fault or was every screening the same? I was in Carlisle, Cumbria.

Yes, in Berlin also.

Hey Roger, which cinema did you go to see it in berlin ? i saw it twice, 1st time with JPJ at cinemaxx and that def was loud enough for me. last night i saw it at cinestar@sonycenter and after 'Ramble On' the volume was ok for me :)

(Roger , in welchem kino warst du denn in berlin ? war bei der ersten show mit JPJ und das war auf jeden fall laut genug für mich. und beim 2. screening gestern im cinestar auch am postdamer platz war es dort spätestens ab 'Black Dog' sehr angenehm laut)

i think it really all depends on the cinema and the film projectionist at what volume a film is being shown.

Our sound was way too low at the beginning where we saw it too. Only the front speakers were on. After complaining twice, we were told it was being streamed to them from another location. After "Black Dog", it became noticeably better - still not super loud, but at least the surround sound was on. Still was a fantastic concert movie though! :)

Yeah people were complaining about the volume in Orland Park IL (near Chicago) They seemed to kick it up around the 3rd song. But it definitely could've been louder.

It was around the begginning of the 3rd song, that I got up and found the Mgr. and asked him to have volume turned up. He used a walkie-talkie to speak directly to the projectionist. When I got back to the movie, it was louder, but not as loud as I had ideally hoped for. So, to hear it as loud as possible, I went as sat in the front row.

Having rock movies in theaters playing loudly is nothing new. As far back as The Who's Tommy movie, theaters have been blasting the crowd with very loud music.

So a big fail to current theater chains that don't know the difference ! :you_rock:NOT

Same thing in Eindhoven...volume lacked especially bass frequencies.

Do these people who project films expect us to be old softie farts that can not handle the volume of a concert?

They should be cemented with their heads in a speaker at a Meshuggah concert.

What amazes me is that the last action film I saw at this same theatre, (The Avengers) , i could feel the bass crash scenes or whatever in my sternum, so powerful that I worried that it might not be healthy!

Last night I wanted to feel that power, and did not...the theatre had a major fail!

I am complaining right away to the AMC theatre people....and Fathom Events.

I don't know what good it will do, but I want a do-over!

Loved, loved, loved the film!!!!!

.....but the distributors/theatre sucked!!!!

I have noticed also that the youtube trailers are at a lower volume than everything else. I have to crank my volume more than normal while watching them. Perhaps the audio was purposefully mixed low? The theaters surround system blew.

We did the same. "That's as loud as it's going to go. If it goes any louder it can damage our equipment." :rolleyes:

The theater next door obviously wasn't in danger of being damaged, I could hear shit blowing up during "For Your Life."

Same thing in Berkeley. Five of us walked out to see the manager in the first two minutes. They turned it up but not as loud as many movies I've seen. Then in the middle of Dazed the sound cut out completely. Again we complained bitterly until the re started the song. I can't wait to get the DVD to be able to play it at home REAL LOUD!!!!!!!!

I only have whatever comes thru the tv so thats abt as close as Ill get to concert sound...I was just reading that within 5 years new home theaters for audio will be gone completely due to ipod mania...guess I better get one...some new cars only have input for ipos/mp3 and no cd player...and my piece of crud wont last much longer

I went there with the same high energy anticipation as everyone else here. To be honest, I wasn't blown away by the film or the sound. I hope the DVD and CD will change my mind.

We saw the film last night , and the cinema was just about full. When the commercials before the film were playing, I knew right then it was gonna be too low. Sure enough, it was. After the first song , I yelled out "Nemo, was louder than this !!!" Which a few people thought was funny.

Some guy said he was going to complain (which he did) and around the same time, I think an usher came in-and people were yelling "Turn it up"!

Ramble On seemed much better, but like the original poster wrote-I felt no power in the lower end...meaning bass guitar and kick drum.

I thought the songs were well performed but the editing could have been better. I think the reason the film seems to move so fast, is because of the constant jumping around of camera angles.

I thought Plant's voice sounded really really good. Page's guitar was a little muddy throughout, but I could make out what he was playing.

Biggest edit I noticed (besides the obvious D&C fix) was that they took out the short improv blues piece on WLL, between Robert and Jimmy (like in TSRTS film). I really wish they would have left that in.

Good film overall, but NOT mind-blowing...

Look forward to seeing it again on DVD. Maybe the sound will be proper.

Archived