Celebration Day volume at cinema.

poortom

Saw it last night here in Reykjavík. The volume level was definitely too low during the first couple of songs. It then got better, but it should have been a little louder - and throughout. That's my only complaint though ... The movie is a wonderful document of a marvelous concert, and it was a real pleasure seeing it on the big screen. I am not really sure they ever played Kashmir better than they did on this night - it certainly is the standout track of the gig - but I thought For Your Life and Nobody's Fault were great performances too, and I was really pleased with In My Time of Dying - the better sound, as compared with the bootlegs, made a lot of difference for me there. Just a wonderful evening at the cinema, and one that I will remember. Thanks to the band and everybody who worked to make this film possible.

What amazes me is that the last action film I saw at this same theatre, (The Avengers) , i could feel the bass crash scenes or whatever in my sternum, so powerful that I worried that it might not be healthy!

Last night I wanted to feel that power, and did not...the theatre had a major fail!

I am complaining right away to the AMC theatre people....and Fathom Events.

I don't know what good it will do, but I want a do-over!

Loved, loved, loved the film!!!!!

.....but the distributors/theatre sucked!!!!

^^^^^

Quoting myself for context purposes....:D

I just heard from Fathom Events (the distributer at the AMC shows, I am not sure about other chains) and they said they are checking into the situation.

I urge all of you that had an issue to contact your theatre and if possible the distributer.

We were early so we sat through nearly 45 minutes of Fathom Events bragging infomercials prior to the screening touting themselves as the premier concert and event distributer .

I let them know that they dropped the ball on this concert film sound-wise!!!

I'm really sorry to hear that many of you had issues with the volume! :( It's a movie depicting such a brilliant CONCERT for goodness sake! Those theatre owners and managers should have known better!! :mad: Anyway, I saw the movie at Event Cinemas Queen Street. Needless to say, they did such a fantastic job! The sound was so loud that it was perfect! It was everything that I had hoped for! I could hear every fuckin note being played on that stage if I concentrated hard enough! All in all, a BRILLIANT evening!!

I saw the film here in Perth , at the Event Cinema in Innaloo, let me tell you it was ' No Event' the film was great but the sound was just crap, myself and my partner were really looking forward to the film but what could have been a really great night was ruined by a really shit sound system it actually sounded as though it was Mono it was that bad. I have complained to the managment and the holding company (lets see what bullshit excuse they come up with ) perhaps if they had raised the volume it may have "offended" somebody such is the case all over the world now it seems !

and to add insult to injury I paid $50 for the privelege.

It was nice to hear Percy mention Birmingham and Worcester (In my mind I could smell the Worcestershire air, lovelly) I lived by Percy , and as I have said in a prev post , he would often wonder around Bewdley and no one would bug him thats the beauty of living in the English country side.

Dendy Cinema in Newtown, nowhere near loud enough at the beginning. I had tweeted them the night before asking a few questions so did the same after Good Times Bad Times, and half way through Ramble On it was blasted. Almost ear-piercing but so good. The low end was incredible too, Jason's drums really hit the chest. Definitely not disappointed!

From the cinema: "@tomricci no problem. Didn't take into account a room full of people when we did the sound check, but we can feel it from the candy bar now!"

Great night.

As I just noted in my review of the concert, we didn't have the volume issues - I maybe noticed differences in terms of how instruments/vocals were matched up on a song-by-song basis, but nothing like what a lot of people have mentioned in their reviews/in this thread.

No problem in the small theatre in Amsterdam with the sound or the picture. There was an usher walking round for the first couple of minutes talking through a mike to someone who adjusted the sound level.Really good experience.

I don't blame you. I guess this is all new, but I'm guessing they'll correct this over time as it's a new way of showing films now with this new technology. Sorry, that you and others had to suffer and not experience Celebration Day the way it should have been, with the utmost audio and video capabilities. I was fortunate that there were few problems in the showings I saw.

Yesterday I saw the the concert in Poznan, Poland. First song's sound volume was too low, people were complaining. But, somehow, in the second song, volume was ok. I wouldn't mind if it was even louder, but... you can't have everything you want in this world... I don't know if someone from the audience came to cinema stuff and asked to make it louder, or if it was the stuff themselves, but when the show was over, I came out half deaf and satisfied. But it was AWESOME!!!!

...almost showtime in Dallas

volume was perfect last time.... this time- t u r n i t u p

didn't realize Celebration Day has an "R" rating.. wth?

http://www.studiomoviegrill.com/LocationsDetail.aspx?ID=12

It's not rated "R"...it is NR, which means Not Rated. Your theatre just has it mislabeled...or maybe they lost the 'N'.

Archived