Why ?

floris

Why only one gig in 2007 ?

Why only on the 17 th of r'oktober the chance to see the movie ?

Why ???

Grrrrrrr.

I missed them both.

And i can honestly say that i'm pissed of.

The chance "them" going on a worldwide tour gets slimmer by the hour.

Why i ask thee.

I am crying.

Floris.

A Led ZeppelinTour would be the biggest event(s), ever...

I saw the film on Oct. 17 and the energy that I felt was incredible. All of the songs they performed were done beautifully. Page's guitar work was simply overpowering, Robert's vocals were top-notch, Jonesy was precision on bass and his keyboards never sounded better and Jason Bonham's timekeeping was excellent and was worthy of representing his father, Bonzo. Dick Carruthers film direction was done very well and he deserves recognition for it.

Bottom line this is the best document for live Led Zeppelin to date.

I hope everyone gets a chance to see Celebration Day on the big screen before the release on Nov. 19.

Rock on Led Zep fans...

Hi floris,

Please don't be upset. I was able to see this band twice in the glory years. Almost a 3rd time. But I will never be upset for any other person who was able to see them more or to anyone who was able to get a ticket to the 2007 Tribute Concert. I have loved this music over 4 decades now. I am proud of the fact that they want to leave the legacy as it is. Of course anyone would want to see them live, so I understand that. But just look at what we have been gifted with by this band.The fact that you have a yearning to see them live as well as many other people who were born a little later in life just goes to show that the music they created is timeless.

The only way I can remotely relate to this is the fact that I never got to see Elvis live. But you can bet that I have the albums, the CD's, the DVD's and listen to them often and appreciate the impact he had. :peace:

Hi floris,

Please don't be upset. I was able to see this band twice in the glory years. Almost a 3rd time. But I will never be upset for any other person who was able to see them more or to anyone who was able to get a ticket to the 2007 Tribute Concert. I have loved this music over 4 decades now. I am proud of the fact that they want to leave the legacy as it is. Of course anyone would want to see them live, so I understand that. But just look at what we have been gifted with by this band.The fact that you have a yearning to see them live as well as many other people who were born a little later in life just goes to show that the music they created is timeless.

The only way I can remotely relate to this is the fact that I never got to see Elvis live. But you can bet that I have the albums, the CD's, the DVD's and listen to them often and appreciate the impact he had. :peace:

Well said. The only thing I have to add is that there's still a chance to see Robert, John and even Jimmy performing live individually and that's more than enough for me!

I have not seen this quote from any of the members of LZ

I am proud of the fact that they want to leave the legacy as it is.

We are all- each of us- on Led Zeppelin time, 5 years = 5 minutes. All it takes is one phone call for the right reason at the right time and its right to fly again.

One comment I have heard time and again from the staff involved in putting the shows on is that no one can fully appreciate the amount of work, the enormity of the expectations the behemoth juggernaut that is a Led Zeppelin tour. That's just for the staff. Only three people know what it's like from the inside. They know what they have better than anyone.

I was convinced they would tour again when they reunited for this one time spectacular event. I hate being wrong on this But I sure was. But not because Jimmy did not want it to happen. He did. More of us wanted it to happen than those that think its best to leave it lay. I do agree the Stones have way overdone it. Enough so that Wyman stepped down and said enough is enough. But as we can see by this O2 concert, Zeppelin was much much more effective than the Stones could ever be at this stage of the game. Now or thirty years ago. I still hold out some slim slim hope. .After all, its not impossible. It could happen but I admit its highly unlikely. But I will not yet say its totally impossible

tour is a nil

set of limited dates some day? That's a long, long shot yet possible. A one off at MSG and one at the Staples Center? Hmmmm. Half-way to a 10 year reunion show at the O2. I jest on that one. It seems to me the impasse is the right way for the band is to do smallish venue for their sake and just be themselves. The world clamors for the Crack-en of rock, not a return to the clubs.

Maybe just book a small pub in The Peak District or a lodge in Finland as The Nobs and play. Then they could sing The Wind Cries Mary a hundred times a night and cover Elvis and...

That's for another time, right now, it's Celebration Day and can't wait for the Blu-Ray.

Since I currently live in a medium-sized city (it's up for discussion whether 1 million souls is midsize, but that's relative) the film wasn't exhibited here and only in the larger cities. I'm watching the movie when I receive the bluray in November and then I will post my review in the appropriate thread -as it's customary to say.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen Robert plant and the strange sensation in Amsterdam at the Heineken music hall.

It was next to the real thing but good enough for me at that time.

I took my sons with me to experience real music and show them what Zep is all about.

Robert Plant was amazingly good, his voice is still excellent.

For instance immigrant song, whow. Goosebumbs, i tell thee.

(one time i'd seen Ian Gillan, man what a deception, he totally wrecked his voice)

So yes i had my share of what is possibly at this point in time.

But, after 2007 and the just released film, im hungry and want more.

Want to spend a small fortune to see them perform.

Yes, we all have their music as a legacy of what rock and roll is all about. (and should be)

So thats somewhat a comfort, and i purchased the dvd box.

The rest remains.

We'll see what will happen.

Floris. 55 years of age.

Since I currently live in a medium-sized city (it's up for discussion whether 1 million souls is midsize, but that's relative) the film wasn't exhibited here and only in the larger cities. I'm watching the movie when I receive the bluray in November and then I will post my review in the appropriate thread -as it's customary to say.

The city I live in has about 100.000 souls, and we got one (1...!!) chance to go see Celebration Day. A little over 200 out of 300 tickets were sold. I asked when I went to buy my ticket how come we only got the one chance, the answer was, that it was the kind of movie that wouldn't have many viewers. I guess that could be true, only the last couple of times I went to see a movie there, the movie had been showing for months, and we were only a handfull of people in the theatre. It's all about profit, and I don't think Zep has anything to do with it not being showed. I am however glad I got the chance to go see it. It was truly amazing :)

The city I live in has about 100.000 souls, and we got one (1...!!) chance to go see Celebration Day. A little over 200 out of 300 tickets were sold. I asked when I went to buy my ticket how come we only got the one chance, the answer was, that it was the kind of movie that wouldn't have many viewers. I guess that could be true, only the last couple of times I went to see a movie there, the movie had been showing for months, and we were only a handfull of people in the theatre. It's all about profit, and I don't think Zep has anything to do with it not being showed. I am however glad I got the chance to go see it. It was truly amazing :)

....and yes, in Denmark 100.000 people makes it a large city! :D

I was convinced they would tour again when they reunited for this one time spectacular event. I hate being wrong on this But I sure was. But not because Jimmy did not want it to happen. He did. More of us wanted it to happen than those that think its best to leave it lay. I do agree the Stones have way overdone it. Enough so that Wyman stepped down and said enough is enough. But as we can see by this O2 concert, Zeppelin was much much more effective than the Stones could ever be at this stage of the game. Now or thirty years ago. I still hold out some slim slim hope. .After all, its not impossible. It could happen but I admit its highly unlikely. But I will not yet say its totally impossible

Zep in 2007 was far better than any Stones concert I've heard since 1978. The Stones are a shell of what they once were and have been for decades now. Can't compare.

Zep played like they meant it, just the 4 guys. The Stones have become a Las Vegas act, complete with sideshow.

Zep in 2007 was far better than any Stones concert I've heard since 1978. The Stones are a shell of what they once were and have been for decades now. Can't compare.

Zep played like they meant it, just the 4 guys. The Stones have become a Las Vegas act, complete with sideshow.

...can't disagree....when i see the Stones now they just don;t come across as "real"....no edge anymore .....just saying

...can't disagree....when i see the Stones now they just don;t come across as "real"....no edge anymore .....just saying

Yep, that's how it feels to me.

Saw them as a young teen in 1972, they blew the roof off the joint. Again in 1975-no, Wood is no Taylor, but the band was still on fire.

Saw them in 2002....*yawn*

Why only one gig in 2007 ?

Why only on the 17 th of r'oktober the chance to see the movie ?

Why ???

Grrrrrrr.

I missed them both.

And i can honestly say that i'm pissed of.

The chance "them" going on a worldwide tour gets slimmer by the hour.

Why i ask thee.

I am crying.

Floris.

Because Rob is busy with his ongoing retirement party where he takes a journey of discovering sleepy music…

Hi floris, Please don't be upset. I was able to see this band twice in the glory years. Almost a 3rd time. But I will never be upset for any other person who was able to see them more or to anyone who was able to get a ticket to the 2007 Tribute Concert. I have loved this music over 4 decades now. I am proud of the fact that they want to leave the legacy as it is. Of course anyone would want to see them live, so I understand that. But just look at what we have been gifted with by this band.The fact that you have a yearning to see them live as well as many other people who were born a little later in life just goes to show that the music they created is timeless. The only way I can remotely relate to this is the fact that I never got to see Elvis live. But you can bet that I have the albums, the CD's, the DVD's and listen to them often and appreciate the impact he had. :peace:

but people my age never got a chance and we are still big fans anyway. most of the people who are my age and into classic rock would all pay big money to see zeppelin. they would have way more new fans if they wanted to.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived