NBA season 2012

LedZeppfan77

I have to disagree with you Strider on LA using their bench. Their bench is their weakness.

So, is anybody in LA calling for Mike Brown's job yet? I know it's only one game and it's too early to panic but this is supposed to be the super team, built to win a championship.

I guess I did not make myself clear enough in my post.

Rick, what exactly are you disagreeing with me about the Lakers bench? For I explicitly said the Lakers bench was weak. That was my point...for the Lakers to get a high seeding and win a lot of games, the Lakers would have to play the starters almost exclusively, thus expending a lot of energy in the regular season and be worn out/injured for the playoffs. The Lakers are thin and the bench sucks.

Paul, I've been calling for Mike Brown's head ever since he was hired...and I'm not alone. Many feel he never should have got the job.

Now he's handed the gift of Nash and Howard and is totally misusing them in this Princeton offense. Why is Nash giving the ball to Kobe to bring up the court? That should be Nash's job...to push the ball up and see if a fastbreak is available, probe the paint and dish, or if nothing's there pull out and set up the offense. But too many times I saw Nash giving the ball to Kobe and they would walk it up. Boring.

Defensively, the Lakers are a mess, too. Defense requires energy, hard work and commitment...none of which the OLD guys on the Lakers have anymore. Kobe, Artest, Nash are shadows of their former selves...and Gasol was never a great defender to begin with.

Lalers lose in Portland last night...ho hum, another no-shocker. Check the stats from the past few seasons...the Lakers have a woeful record in Portland.

There's a thin line between pleasure and pain ;-)

And he frequently straddles it.

Hey Rick...hope you're taking the opponent and the points on all the Lakers games so far? Las Vegas always overvalues the Lakers, especially early in the season. The entire first week of the season, I took the points and bet against the Lakers...like taking candy from a baby.

I guess I did not make myself clear enough in my post.

Rick, what exactly are you disagreeing with me about the Lakers bench? For I explicitly said the Lakers bench was weak. That was my point...for the Lakers to get a high seeding and win a lot of games, the Lakers would have to play the starters almost exclusively, thus expending a lot of energy in the regular season and be worn out/injured for the playoffs. The Lakers are thin and the bench sucks.

Paul, I've been calling for Mike Brown's head ever since he was hired...and I'm not alone. Many feel he never should have got the job.

Now he's handed the gift of Nash and Howard and is totally misusing them in this Princeton offense. Why is Nash giving the ball to Kobe to bring up the court? That should be Nash's job...to push the ball up and see if a fastbreak is available, probe the paint and dish, or if nothing's there pull out and set up the offense. But too many times I saw Nash giving the ball to Kobe and they would walk it up. Boring.

Defensively, the Lakers are a mess, too. Defense requires energy, hard work and commitment...none of which the OLD guys on the Lakers have anymore. Kobe, Artest, Nash are shadows of their former selves...and Gasol was never a great defender to begin with.

Lalers lose in Portland last night...ho hum, another no-shocker. Check the stats from the past few seasons...the Lakers have a woeful record in Portland.

And he frequently straddles it.

Hey Rick...hope you're taking the opponent and the points on all the Lakers games so far? Las Vegas always overvalues the Lakers, especially early in the season. The entire first week of the season, I took the points and bet against the Lakers...like taking candy from a baby.

Had a very good night. Had Houston, 76ers, Clippers, Golden st. Only lose I had was on one parlay. LAKERS. The Clippers willl take them apart tomorrow night. Soon you will all be believers. The Clippers are the deepest team in the league. They are monsters. Jordan is an animal. Blake, and they have Odom to help down low on D. Fucking Chris Paul and alot of good mid teen scorers to boot. I love this team.

^^^

Odom is fat and out-of-shape. It'll be a while before he gets to where he needs to be physically...and who knows if his head will ever be right.

Odom is a huge question mark for the Clippers.

He is not a major player. Jordan is nuts. They dont even need Odom

My gambling addict father used to call that "the fever".....

Yeah. I cant get enough. I cleaned up first night. Last night. I did not bet the first actual night because not enough games and I did not like any. I am selective and pick my spots. I had Houston, Golden St, Clippers, Indiana last night and the only loser? The Lakers. A small parlay I had them on. They have some big concerns now and I believe the Clippers may send them a message tomorrow. But I like alot of other games that Ill post tomorrow.

Is the Heat/Knicks game still on for tomorrow or has that been cancelled?

I think Manhattan is open? No game will be ready in Brooklyn. But I am not sure. We will know in the morning I would think. I think the Clippers will take the Lakers down. Kobe is pissed. Told the media to "shut up". Still, I think the Clippers can just keep coming at you in droves. Deep, talented and I am going to say the team to beat in the West. Dallas will be good when Dirk returns. Can never count them out with the talent and coaching. If the Lakers dont win soon, the coach will be gone. Too much talent to be playing like this. But its early.

Lakers are plus 1 in Vegas tonight vs the Clippers at "home". I wonder when the Clippers are home to a sellout how many Lakers fans are actually there? How does one become a Clippers fan with no successfull history and the Lakers with all that history? I like the Clippers for two reasons. They are the old Buffalo Braves and I like their roster

Is it true the "Zen Master" may come back to the Lakers???

I need the Clippers and Memphis to hang on to kick some major ass tonight. Why are they letting Odom take fucking jump shots? Both Clips and Memphis up 9 as I type. Ten minutes in each left.

Archived