NBA season 2012

LedZeppfan77

Donald Sterling and the Clippers themselves, natch! ;)

Strider, do you know how deep this team is? Do you know that this team is for real? Did you hear what the announcers were saying last night? Blake and Jordan down low and Odom used in spots to rest them. Chris Paul!!!! And Chauncey and Hill are not even back from their injuries. This team can win it all. ALL!!!!! Bring on anyone.

Rick, do you realize I was kidding around?

It's November...relax! There's still a long way to go before the playoffs...and it's one thing for the Clippers to win in November, but nobody's going to take them seriously until they show they can do it in April-May-June.

The Clippers have decades of baggage and futility in Los Angeles around their necks. They have the onus of Donald Sterling, one of the worst owners in the history of sports.

Rick, do you realize I was kidding around?

It's November...relax! There's still a long way to go before the playoffs...and it's one thing for the Clippers to win in November, but nobody's going to take them seriously until they show they can do it in April-May-June.

The Clippers have decades of baggage and futility in Los Angeles around their necks. They have the onus of Donald Sterling, one of the worst owners in the history of sports.

And they are the Buffalo Braves. :lol:

yep ... I'd love to see The Clippers do something, (if The Celtics aren't involved) but they seem to be snakebitten.

I do not think they are snakebitten at all. They have never really been a good team since they left Buffalo. Now they are loaded. Getting Chris Paul was huge. And Blake. They got knocked off by an inferior Golden St team last night and I feared a letdown after the big win vs the Lakers. But it happens to every team. Miami got whacked in NY. Houston lost to Portland. Its a long season. The Clippers will be a final four team, I assure you. I believe they can win the West, unless the Lakers can perfect their game with that starting lineup that has no business being 0-3. Tonight they will beat Detroit. Detroit stinks. Cost me a fucking boatload of money I would have won if the idiots could have held the lead the other night in phoenix. Phoenix stinks too so I took a shot with Detroit in a three teamer. Never again. Dallas is really the team that scares me the most. Great coach and a damn good lineup and when they get Dirk back, look out.

Harden trade: short term Houston obviously benefits because they got the best player. In the long run, OKC will be fine because they weren't about to trade Durant or Westbrook, so now they've got more assets to keep the team competitive and they've got financial flexibility.

Harden was unconscious his first two games, but like 75% of their offense is Lin/Harden. Hard to sustain over the course of a grinding season. Harden will now be challenged by better defensive sets/double teams catered to him. We'll see how he responds. They need to add more pieces to round out the team. Scary, though, that Rockets still have room for another max contract. Martin is no Harden, but he's been serviceable for OKC. Lamb and the picks have huge upside (especially the TO pick, because it could be as high as 4 if we suck).

Knicks are better without Stat. Melo is great at the 4. Team play vs. the Heat made them look fantastic in the home opener. Brooklyn, though they won their first game against the Raps, are defensively challenged. If it weren't for some home cooking calls (Lopez was breathed on - foul - 15 times geez!), and that we played our 2nd stringers without an offensive threat for far too long, they'd have had a hard time coming back. Not buying the hype.

Lakers and Clippers will be hampered by bad coaching (both), new flopping rules (Clips), and age (Lakeshow). Thunder, San Antonio and Dallas should not be overlooked. Dallas looks in midseason form with the chemistry of new additions working so well.

We'll see if it's a walk for the Heat to take the east. They're vulnerable because of their hybrid system - it's a small team with a pf playing center. Wait till they play Indiana. If only Bynum had his head on right...

Go Raps tonight :D

Harden trade: short term Houston obviously benefits because they got the best player. In the long run, OKC will be fine because they weren't about to trade Durant or Westbrook, so now they've got more assets to keep the team competitive and they've got financial flexibility.

Harden was unconscious his first two games, but like 75% of their offense is Lin/Harden. Hard to sustain over the course of a grinding season. Harden will now be challenged by better defensive sets/double teams catered to him. We'll see how he responds. They need to add more pieces to round out the team. Scary, though, that Rockets still have room for another max contract. Martin is no Harden, but he's been serviceable for OKC. Lamb and the picks have huge upside (especially the TO pick, because it could be as high as 4 if we suck).

Knicks are better without Stat. Melo is great at the 4. Team play vs. the Heat made them look fantastic in the home opener. Brooklyn, though they won their first game against the Raps, are defensively challenged. If it weren't for some home cooking calls (Lopez was breathed on - foul - 15 times geez!), and that we played our 2nd stringers without an offensive threat for far too long, they'd have had a hard time coming back. Not buying the hype.

Lakers and Clippers will be hampered by bad coaching (both), new flopping rules (Clips), and age (Lakeshow). Thunder, San Antonio and Dallas should not be overlooked. Dallas looks in midseason form with the chemistry of new additions working so well.

We'll see if it's a walk for the Heat to take the east. They're vulnerable because of their hybrid system - it's a small team with a pf playing center. Wait till they play Indiana. If only Bynum had his head on right...

Go Raps tonight :D

I cant believe Toronto is favored by 3. I layed the hammer down on the T Wolves. They should walk all over Toronto. I am shocked by the moves the 76ers made. They were doing so well. The Clippers will prove you wrong. They will be there and probably against Dallas or Lakers. Dallas is good. And so are the Clippers. The T wolves to me are one of the better average or lower teams. Oh no, I dont see love playing? Tell me Love is playing. Yikes

I cant believe Toronto is favored by 3. I layed the hammer down on the T Wolves. They should walk all over Toronto. I am shocked by the moves the 76ers made. They were doing so well. The Clippers will prove you wrong. They will be there and probably against Dallas or Lakers. Dallas is good. And so are the Clippers. The T wolves to me are one of the better average or lower teams. Oh no, I dont see love playing? Tell me Love is playing. Yikes

Wolves are stacked with talent, but that spread is because neither Love (broken hand) nor Rubio (knee?) are playing. We're up by 11 with 4 min to go. We'll see about the Clips ;)

Wolves are stacked with talent, but that spread is because neither Love (broken hand) nor Rubio (knee?) are playing. We're up by 11 with 4 min to go. We'll see about the Clips ;)

I wish I had known that before I bet them. Why are there so many damn injuries at the start of the season? You just cant trust lineups. And what the hell were the 76ers thinking with this trade they pulled? The Clippers are for real.

Clippers historically are awful against the Spurs...their recent record vs. San Antonio is 3-21 or something like that.

Clips are at home which does give them some edge...don't have the point spread handy...who is favoured? This is a bellwether game for the Clippers. This will give us some sign if the Clippers are ready to step up and be the team everyone expects.

If the Spurs win, then it's SOC...same old Clippers.

Lakers @ Jazz tonight...I'd take the Jazz, Rick, if you don't have to lay too many points.

Clippers historically are awful against the Spurs...their recent record vs. San Antonio is 3-21 or something like that.

Clips are at home which does give them some edge...don't have the point spread handy...who is favoured? This is a bellwether game for the Clippers. This will give us some sign if the Clippers are ready to step up and be the team everyone expects.

If the Spurs win, then it's SOC...same old Clippers.

Lakers @ Jazz tonight...I'd take the Jazz, Rick, if you don't have to lay too many points.

My action was down early this morning and some last night.

Ok. I have some parlays going. Teams I took were Memphis, Golden St, Clippers plus 2, Lakers plus 3 1/2, 76ers plus 2, Dallas money line. Phoenix minus 2 and my T Wolves money line. I have the T wolves and Memphis all over the place.

Philly, Memphis, Dallas and Minnesota are all fucking wiinners. Just hope they pay before the Clippers tip off. I will then bet the Clippers but I wont risk all I won. The Lakers appear to be the one mistake. I thought they would be desperate. I guess they are far more desperate than I had thought.

Yep, that was a big win for your Clippers last night. I don't know if I would call it a "statement game" because it's still way too early in the season & I have to see the Clips do it in the playoffs, but a nice win regardless.

Only 2 games on the schedule tonight, then the Heat start a pretty tough road trip, with the big one coming Nov. 14, at your Clippers Rick.

Anyone see the number the Clippers did on San anton? Blake took them apart

Yes. But I told you to take the Jazz and lay the points, Rick! Don't you know the Lakers shoddy record in Utah?

In fact, I'd wager that the Lakers record in Dallas and San Antonio is better than their record in Portland and Utah. Some teams just have certain places and teams that are their bête noire...Portland and Utah are the Lakers'.

Yes. But I told you to take the Jazz and lay the points, Rick! Don't you know the Lakers shoddy record in Utah?

In fact, I'd wager that the Lakers record in Dallas and San Antonio is better than their record in Portland and Utah. Some teams just have certain places and teams that are their bête noire...Portland and Utah are the Lakers'.

I was 7 out of 8. Ill take that. I thought the Lakers would be a desperate team. And lets face it, they are far more talented than Utah at the starting position. It appears they are in bigger trouble than I had figured. I do not think the coach will survive. Its him or the black mamba. And the black mamba is going nowhere.

Like I've been telling my friends and everyone else since preseason began...if you hate, HATE the Lakers, you're gonna have a field day this season!

I have never hated the Lakers. I hate Boston. I would like to see Nash win one. But I would prefer the Clippers, the old Braves

I must add, Gasol does not look happy these days. I wonder if there is inner fighting? With this talent this just cant continue. Brown probably does not have much rope left

^^^

Fucking Brown should never have been hired in the first place.

Bring back the Zen Master!

Too much talent for this to continue. Dwight Howard, Kobe, Gasol , Nash are you kidding me? Wont last. They will start winning but it may not be with Brown. he is on life support.

Archived