What Questions Would You Have Asked At The Press Conferences?

Reggie29

If you had had the opportunity to ask the band a question at the various press conferences, what would it have been?

Mine is in three parts.

(1) Did you consider doing an acoustic set;

(2) One song that for me, would've made the gig setlist is The Rain Song, why didn't you do it and were there other songs you struggled with to leave out;

(3) There is a myth / legend going around about two "lost" songs Lost In Space and St.Tristan's Sword, did they or recordings of them ever exist and if so why were they never released?

Cheers,

Reggie.

I would have asked them if they thought/believed they had anything "left in the tank" after ITTOD and that European tour. I wonder if they were talking about their musical future in the days before John passed.

I would ask about the future. What each of them were planning individually and if there was any chance we could see another Zeppelin release along the lines of Coda, BBC or HTWWW. Then Robert Plant would have beaten me half to death.

I would ask about the future. What each of them were planning individually and if there was any chance we could see another Zeppelin release along the lines of Coda, BBC or HTWWW. Then Robert Plant would have beaten me half to death.

he'd have called you a schmuck then beat you around the head.

Robert, reunion? Why not?

Why you don't play The Rain Song? Why that Song isn't in Mothership?

Jimmy, why you use the Gibson ES in IMTOD and the Led Paul Deluxe Number 3 in Kashmir instead your Danlectro?

I would have asked how different the past 32 years would have been had we not lost John. Probably a better question asked one-on-one, when each could answer honestly without the other two watching. I'm sure each of the three answers would be very different.

good one !

Robert, Why couldn't u have just played Stairway 16 times instead and satisfied all the fm/classic rock radio fans out there, then "reunite" til u are 90 years old which is Keith Richards approximate age?

Do u feel competition from dread zeppelin or has their time passed as well?

Will u release the incredible Live Aid set?

Seriously I probably would have just said this is a brilliant note to go out on and Thanks....The only project I'd still like to see is a small acoustic project because Zep was much more than "hard rock"... But, It seems no athlete, musician or performer of any kind goes out on top...this is a nice final statement.

What are their thoughts on how people experience music today vs back then (the whole thing: download vs album/cd; digital perfection vs the quirky flaws; albums vs singles; how we are multitasking now vs sitting there just experiencing the music), and what current artists do they admire/would they like to work with?

That is actually a great question...even in my car which is mostly where I listen I don't think burns have the same impact as a real cd no matter what anyone says...I cant imagine downloading the film and music for Celebration Day and being satisfied...People may think 9 physical formats is overkill but it may give a little life to physical medium..although waiting til 5 or 6pm for UPS on the 19th which I have off is going to be a drag...it will be worth it!

Aside from being in awe of them, any questions I would have wanted to ask would have been related to the future of Led Zeppelin - specifically, now that they're getting quite advanced in age and the likelihood of future reunions is slim-to-none, how is the legacy being protected/prepared for the future?

I have not read the thread in it's entirety so I don't know if this was brought up but I would ask if they were considering performing a second night since there was such a high demand for tickets. That way more fans could have a chance to see them in concert and more money could be raised for the scholarship fund.

That is actually a great question...even in my car which is mostly where I listen I don't think burns have the same impact as a real cd no matter what anyone says...I cant imagine downloading the film and music for Celebration Day and being satisfied...People may think 9 physical formats is overkill but it may give a little life to physical medium..although waiting til 5 or 6pm for UPS on the 19th which I have off is going to be a drag...it will be worth it!

That's --10 -- physical formats... including the LPs and the Music-Only Blu-ray disc.

As to the Press Conference, if it wasn't already asked, I would have liked to hear their thoughts on being selected for the Kennedy Center Honors this year.

Archived