Gene Simmons Given the Task of Reuniting Zeppelin

Bayougal65

One of the members of KISS. Surprised you're not familiar with him Reggie! Their bassist and does some of the lead vocals. Had his own reality show in the US as well. Not sure which cable network it was on, but is called "Gene Simmon's Family Jewels". It was quite good at times. Not sure if it's still on the air. Someone here, I'm sure knows. What it showed me, was how much of a business man he really is. You could say the same thing about JP, although he doesn't have his personal life flaunted on a reality show. Gene is probably quite good as a business guy (he is well educated, intelligent as he was a school teacher, before KISS got rolling). My guess is that Jimmy is better. Not that I'm biased about this, especially coming from a hardcore Led Zeppelin fan for over 30 years!

Gene's show is on A&E, it should be coming back for a new season at some point. He show, although cheesy and scripted at times, is really cool if you are a Kiss fan.

I think Reggie was saying who is Gene like why would he be the one out of anyone else to get them back together. That's how I read his comment anyway.

My first thought wouldn't be to go to Gene with 200 million dollars. I've never even head of him being connected to the Zep camp in anyway. Even though he has proven he can be a good businessman, he is a merchandise whore and an arrogant, pompous ass...and that is coming from a true fan.

One of the members of KISS. Surprised you're not familiar with him Reggie! Their bassist and does some of the lead vocals. Had his own reality show in the US as well. Not sure which cable network it was on, but is called "Gene Simmon's Family Jewels". It was quite good at times. Not sure if it's still on the air. Someone here, I'm sure knows. What it showed me, was how much of a business man he really is. You could say the same thing about JP, although he doesn't have his personal life flaunted on a reality show. Gene is probably quite good as a business guy (he is well educated, intelligent as he was a school teacher, before KISS got rolling). My guess is that Jimmy is better. Not that I'm biased about this, especially coming from a hardcore Led Zeppelin fan for over 30 years!

Rhetorical question, Strider.

I know full well who he is re Kiss etcetera, someone must think he has same kind of exceptional power and influence.

If Page and / or Jonesy couldn't get him to do it, I very much doubt he or anyone else for that matter can change Robert's mind.

On the upside it just goes to show how popular Zep are and considering it's all on the back of a movie of a concert from five years ago, I doubt any band could garner as much interest, especially Kiss.

The downside is all these hairbrained schemes to get them back together again for "old times sake" are usually suggested by part time fans or uninformed or just plain ignorant journalists.

Thanks Reggie. I agree with you. It's going to be an amazing time for us Zep fans over the next few months. Relish it as we don't know if we'll experience anything as much as this in the future (in other words, other releases or such to match this). Just appreciate all of this as it's in the presence....that was intentional!

Thankfully I can't open the NME link at the moment and will try again when I get home.

As if this would ever happen.

Who the fuck is Gene Simmons anyway??

I can honestly state that I do not have one kiss record in my collection, everything I have heard has been absolute shite. So I agree with Reggie29 who the fuck is Gene Simmons??

I can honestly state that I do not have one kiss record in my collection, everything I have heard has been absolute shite. So I agree with Reggie29 who the fuck is Gene Simmons??

SAME here for me.I've heard the music,does'nt do it for me. dont have any of thier music, but I've seen the show Gene has & I like him & his family. everyone knows he's arrogant etc...etc... But as a person & family man ,he seems like a good guy!

Here's the correct link: www.nme.com/news/kiss/66744

Bayougal65 left off a 4 from her original post. From what I read, seems like he was given a substantial sum, in the millions, to try to reunite LZ, but back in 2009. Don't know that I believe him . . . If he's so close to them, why wasn't he at any of the premiere showings? Was he? IMO I think he's a lot of hot air and a shameless self promoter. A media whore. Smart and well spoken yes, but I really don't like the man.

KISS's earlier albums were their best work. But they were a much different band then Zeppelin, and that's an understatement. KISS was and is a mostly mainstream band. Zeppelin was progressive. What they had in common: they both lived to perform live and their fans are legion. Since they both had their heydays in the 1970s, I suppose it's not too much of a stretch to compare their respective impacts. Apples and oranges, to be sure.

Kiss is mainly a live band there concerts are way better than there records i dont have there records but i saw them live they were great live .

Kiss is mainly a live band there concerts are way better than there records i dont have there records but i saw them live they were great live .

One thing i can say though they are true to there fans there not gonna do a one off and fuck 20 million fans around the world and then make money on the movie 5 years later .Sorry to say but its the truth .

One thing i can say though they are true to there fans there not gonna do a one off and fuck 20 million fans around the world and then make money on the movie 5 years later .Sorry to say but its the truth .

THIS IS WHAT THEY SAID TO THE FANS AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE SORRY BUT WE DONT WANNA PLAY ANYMORE BUT PLEASE BUY THE MOVIE

Yeah, and another thing, Gene and Paul never screwed any of their fellow fellow band mates ever!

Rhetorical question, Strider.

I know full well who he is re Kiss etcetera...

Whoa, hold on a minute, Reggie...why drag me into this? I think you got the wrong guy...I hadn't even read this thread until now, let alone post in it. I fucking hate Kiss, abhor them. Just reading your original post now, I could tell you were being rhetorical. I feel the same way...Gene who?

Hey BIGGERFAN, are you enjoying that conversation with yourself? :rolleyes: Your reasons actually prove how mercenary and cynical Kiss are to their fans.

Look BIGGERFAN, the O2 concert was for Ahmet Ertegun. I tried for tickets to the show but didn't get any. Oh well, no hard feelings. And because there weren't enough tickets for HUGE number of people who demanded them, people complained for years that they one, didn't get the chance to see them perform live and two, the O2 concert hadn't been released to the masses in the form of DVD. So now they've released the O2, because that's what the people asked for and you're still complaining..? Come man, think about it; they gave you the opportunity to unite with others who appreciate Led Zeppelin and enjoy the music together, just as the others did back in 2007. Plus, the theater proceeds went to charity! So, really the only thing we've missed out on is like...paying for airfare.

Screw Gene Simmons and whoever Johnny "$200,000,000" Paycheck is. If Zeppelin ever reforms, I want it to be because they have the deep desire in their souls to do it, not for fucking money...

Archived