Gene Simmons Given the Task of Reuniting Zeppelin

Bayougal65

Here's the correct link: www.nme.com/news/kiss/66744

Bayougal65 left off a 4 from her original post. From what I read, seems like he was given a substantial sum, in the millions, to try to reunite LZ, but back in 2009. Don't know that I believe him . . . If he's so close to them, why wasn't he at any of the premiere showings? Was he? IMO I think he's a lot of hot air and a shameless self promoter. A media whore. Smart and well spoken yes, but I really don't like the man.

Thanks Justawoman! That's what I get for posting on my iPhone!

And...I tried and i can not edit my original post.

Us bayou girls have to stick together! :D

No.I'd call him the Darth Vader of Botox and Lol.

That is hilarious! :D

For some who might not know Chuck Barris was/is the creator of the US TV game shows, "The Newlywed Game" and "The Gong Show"

He also hosted "The Gong Show" which was a really cheesy so-called talent show that showed in the mid 70s.

Well, Mr. Barris wrote a book in the 80s in which he claimed he was a secret CIA operative. I don't think many people believe his claims.

They even made a movie about this, (Confessions of a Dangerous Mind", directed by George Clooney) a few years ago.

Thus my question, is Gene Simmons the Chuck Barris of Rock and Roll? :D

Who gives a shit wether or not any of us like Kiss or not.

Why is this 'task' being given to Gene Simmons? Or anyone outside the Zep camp? Even further, why did this is even become a task, if it happens it'll happen by the grace of the musicians themselves. Fuck media.

Thanks Justawoman! That's what I get for posting on my iPhone!

And...I tried and i can not edit my original post.

Us bayou girls have to stick together! :D

Happy to help a Sista out! ;-)

. . . . And, Gene Simmons is a legend in his own mind a'la Chuck Barris.

So Robert's going to say"oh well since it's Gene from Kiss asking- sure,OK..."This is the most ridiculous rock and roll story I have heard in years... OT

How many degrees of separation is it BTW the way if I know a member of Little Roger and the Goosebumps(Stairway to Gilligan) thru his wife...and no it never made it to cd...still trying to get vinyl burned to cdr... wait maybe Gene can reunite them I can even help...get ur lighters ready people...

Dallas, i had forgot about all those crazy characters!!! that had me rolling, it must have been the craziest show on TV! :D

I also remember my mom thought Chuck Barris was on drugs!

I bet a lot were smoked watching it! Ha! :)

OMG! That video had me laughing my ass off! Didn't watch The Gong Show too much back then, but it would be a hoot to watch now. Chuck Barris' dancing is funnier than the contestants! I think I have to agree with your mom Bayougal, he looks like he might have a drug or two in his system! Crazy for sure! Thanks for sharing Dallas.

What????? LMAO - Are you serious Strider? If you could find a clip that would be awesome! You can't really be serious though.

Edit:

THE Jimmy Page or just an anybody Jimmy Page?

Sorry...you'll have to wait until I get to a computer. Then all will be revealed. ;)

^^^

OH. MY. GAWD.

How the hell did I miss that episode?!? :blink:

Because I don't remember seeing that at all, and if I had, I definitely would remember, haha! Man, the Gong Show was so much fun...I had the hots for Jaye P. Morgan back then. She looked like an older woman who could definitely teach me a thing or two.

Isn't this much better than discussing Gene whatshisname? ;)

OH . MY . GAWD is right!!!!! Is that nuts or what? I'm sort of sorry I watched that. I hope that now whenever I hear The Immigrant Song I don't have that image pop in my head! That would be disturbing.

Which one was Jaye P. Morgan? Recognize the name but not the face. And who was the John Denver look-a-like? Wasn't he also on Laugh In at one time? I remember the face, but not the name.

And,yes, this is much more fun discussing Chuck Barris and the Gong Show than that ugly self-centered Gene what's his name.

Look BIGGERFAN, the O2 concert was for Ahmet Ertegun. I tried for tickets to the show but didn't get any. Oh well, no hard feelings. And because there weren't enough tickets for HUGE number of people who demanded them, people complained for years that they one, didn't get the chance to see them perform live and two, the O2 concert hadn't been released to the masses in the form of DVD. So now they've released the O2, because that's what the people asked for and you're still complaining..? Come man, think about it; they gave you the opportunity to unite with others who appreciate Led Zeppelin and enjoy the music together, just as the others did back in 2007. Plus, the theater proceeds went to charity! So, really the only thing we've missed out on is like...paying for airfare.

Screw Gene Simmons and whoever Johnny "$200,000,000" Paycheck is. If Zeppelin ever reforms, I want it to be because they have the deep desire in their souls to do it, not for fucking money...

Correct it was for Ahmet Ertegun .the concert .At the press conference Robert plant said they were really gelling together and they all said jason was great they were all having fun and gelling i was having fun too cause i was there .Iwas gelling with them in the 5th row no doubt about it they were great .Wouldnt some of the 20 million people who didnt go see it live like to gell with them too nobody was asking 4 nights a week .Maybe a few nights here and there like cream did a few years ago .

Correct it was for Ahmet Ertegun .the concert .At the press conference Robert plant said they were really gelling together and they all said jason was great they were all having fun and gelling i was having fun too cause i was there .Iwas gelling with them in the 5th row no doubt about it they were great .Wouldnt some of the 20 million people who didnt go see it live like to gell with them too nobody was asking 4 nights a week .Maybe a few nights here and there like cream did a few years ago .

Gotta admit the movie is fucking awesome and i ordered 3 of them .Wish i can see it live again though

Cream was no where near the level Led Zeppelin was. Sure Cream got together again for different nights but they have since faded from greatness. Jack Bruce is no longer the wild animal on bass and vocals he once was, Eric Clapton was smokin' in Cream, but has since went softer and in different directions, and old age caught up with Ginger Baker who could still drum alright, not as good as he once was. Led Zeppelin proved in one night they could still rock harder in their old age than most bands today ever could. Zeppelin only needed one night.,

Jaye P was naughty and it was so obvious that a young man stood to gain a great deal of wisdom in the ways of a lad with a maiden

I saw Michelle Lee in the clip above- not so much for me. Kinda thought Fannie Flagg was worth a look and no one had what Adrienne Barbieau had and showed it at the time. You know Arte Johnson stepped up to the plate to give it the old college try. After reading wiki about the Gong Show... no wonder the hostess held my attention so much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unknown_Comic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gong_show

If I had a gong, I would gong Gene Simmons

I had the hots for Jaye P. Morgan back then. She looked like an older woman who could definitely teach me a thing or two.

Archived