Celebration day - For your life

^^ to increase his posts count, perhaps. For Your Life is Bloody amazing and the live version is definitely just as good, Only Missing the Vicious Snort. And I've always wondered, why did he snort in the first place ?? did the snort have any significance ??

Yeah, i've seen him drool a couple of times, why is that ?? i know he loves the instrument, but not to drool all over it.

He's pretty much always done it - certainly very obviously in the last 30 years. It's because he is concentrating so hard, and so lost in the act that everything else becomes unimportant.

In the studio version the snort follows the line, "On the balance of the crystal-paying through the nose." The song is a reference to the drug & groupie scene in music at the time, Robert even alludes to impotence caused by overuse of cocaine. Great song and lyrically impressive and very relevant for the time. You might call it a pre-rap version of White Lines.

He's pretty much always done it - certainly very obviously in the last 30 years. It's because he is concentrating so hard, and so lost in the act that everything else becomes unimportant.

Well, some idiot actually said to me : "because of his drug addiction, he loses control of his saliva, and that's why his playing is shit." but don't worry, i gave this guy a handful :D and i always believed that because he was so into his playing, he just forgets about anything else in the world, although it's not a majestic sight, but i sure can respect it :)

second show at Knebworth he had stuff all over him

it was tears, sweat and slobber and I don't know what else was pouring out of and off of him- all over the guitar, him and the stage. He even had goosebumps at one point during ALS. He was playing from a place with which I am not familiar. The bootlegs and even the DVDs do not do it justice. I have no idea about the diss about him playing sloppy, he brought emotion and power- speaking for myself technical precision is its own reward. Love watching the man in his element and in his band, nothing else is even close.

Archived