Page, Jones & Bonham

bbking

youre missing the point...they wont tour cuz plant will say NO...so...I say, they should tour WITHOUT him...not as Led Zeppelin fer crissakes...as Plant Jones & Bonham

..are any of you saying you WOULDN'T pay to see THAT band?

what music would they play though

I wouldn't mind hearing that, but I certainly wouldn't say "Screw Plant!". That's just ignorant.

I certainly wouldn't say that. But this would be an interesting alternative should Plant refuse to do this again.

I'd much prefer another round of Zep though. :)

Id go see them. Screw Plant...like Page and Percy did to Jones.

Id be more than happy to listen to all instrumentals!

As long as they did all instrumentals, I would 100 percent most definitely love this. Percy could join for specific dates here and there. What a great idea. And they can play some of Page's instrumentals from Outrider and JPJ's from Zooma/Thunderthief. And work out new songs so, if they wanted to hit the studio in late '08 or '09 with Plant to record an album, they'd be tight and ready musically.

JPJ's solo album from 1999.

If it comes down to just the three of them, there are some great songs that would be even greater with Jimmy's guitar and Jason's drums.

Oh right. They could also play songs from The Thunderthief, but still. I rather they make new music.

I cant believe Robert wants to do a tour with a country artist and not with the other members of Zeppelin. That is just craziness! I realize none of them need the money, that is not the issue. The issue is fans who have loved and supported them all these years felt cheated by first of all having a "one time" concert in London and secondly not having a snowballs chance in hell to even dream of getting a ticket. But, I wonder how a supermodel got a ticket to the show. It is just not right to do this to fans!

I saw Jones in 2000 he played ALL instrumentals. Zep tunes too. and they WORKED.

Jeesus did they work. Jones played BLACK DOG on pedal steel and ripped the roof off the joint. so much POWER. SO MUCH POWER!!! it was ab-sooooluuut-leeeee frightening.

PAge and Plant toured cuz they wanted to play and YES THEY SCREWED Jones...so

if Plant doesnt want to tour. I would bett my right arm that 90% of ALL ZEPPELIN fans would pay to see PB&J and be happy about it!

Id go see them. Screw Plant...like Page and Percy did to Jones.

Id be more than happy to listen to all instrumentals!

I would really love to see this happen.

My favourite thing about Zeppelin was watching Page, Jones & Bonham rip it up.

& I am extremley impressed with Jasons abilities.

Why should Plant spoil everyone else's fun- let him have his solo career.

I stopped following it anyway sometime in the 1980s

I'd love to see Robert on board but at the end of the day what I want most is to

to witness Page play again & with Jonsey.

I don't really care all that much who sings or shreaks or screams between guitar solos!

I saw Jones in 2000 he played ALL instrumentals. Zep tunes too. and they WORKED.

Jeesus did they work. Jones played BLACK DOG on pedal steel and ripped the roof off the joint. so much POWER. SO MUCH POWER!!! it was ab-sooooluuut-leeeee frightening.

PAge and Plant toured cuz they wanted to play and YES THEY SCREWED Jones...so

if Plant doesnt want to tour. I would bett my right arm that 90% of ALL ZEPPELIN fans would pay to see PB&J and be happy about it!

There is no question: JPJ is a fine musician. I would go watch him in concert alone anytime. The thing is, I would rather they make new music, along with the classic ones like Black Dog.

I'd support a Jones/Page/Bonham tour, Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes Live At The Greek showed that Zeppelin songs work without Robert singing them. Myself a guitarist, I'd LOVE to see Jimmy live and maby the O2 gig has made him think about touring after many years off the touring scene.

If they want to tour together then I think they should and give us unlucky fans a chance to see 50% of the original lineup and 75% of the 'current' lineup.

Robert has his reasons why he does not want to tour with Zeppelin and theyre valid, he's moved on and found a new musical direction.

I'd enjoy either a fully instrumental set or one with another singer (Chris Robinson?). If they did however I 100% feel that they should NOT be called 'Led Zeppelin,' rather something like - 'Page/Jones/Bonham/[insert amazing singer here]. If they did however tour without Plant and with another singer this could put their friendship with him in jepordy and therefore any other full on reunion concerts.

Another idea is that they feature loads of non mega hits in their set e.g. Night Flight, The Rover, Four Sticks, Out On The Tiles etc. Seeing that the majority of people who would be interested are diehard Led Zeppelin fans as they would not be buying into the name 'Led Zeppelin.'

I stand by what all the band members want to do but I doubt Page, Jones and Bonham are all saying 'screw Plant' right now, yes he has dates with Allison Krauss but I am sure that there are things that we don't know about and that the WHOLE of Led Zeppelin have had talks together since the gig. Wel'll wait and see but this Plant/Krauss tour doesnt mean the end of Led Zeppelin, until one of the band says "There will be no 'Led Zeppelin' tour there is always the possibility.

I was just thinking that if they really wanted to enter the 2000s they could do a reality show called "Waiting for Robert" where they just keep jamming and rehearsing instrumentals in front of the camera or bringing in one-time guest vocalists. I know they would never want to be quite that exposed, but it would be cool.

Archived