Page, Jones & Bonham

bbking

That guy on bass was Robert Plant's son in law. I think he is married to Carmen Plant. His name is Charlie Jones. No relation to John Paul Jones. He was not ever part of The Cult. I think he is currently working with Goldfrapp.

Sorry for the error. I remember Plant saying " Our good friend from the cult " I guess he was talking about the drummer.

Here is a small clip from an article " Lee although of course Jones in this case was bass player Charlie Jones whilst Lee was ex-Little Angels and Cult drummer Michael Lee. "

Link

I am getting old. He said The Cure!! not Cult. Here is what I read looking around the internet.

In the years between the release of Wish and the start of sessions for The Cure's next album, the band's lineup shifted again. Porl Thompson left the band once more during 1993 to play with Robert Plant and Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin,

Will never happen in a million years. After Plant's tour with Krauss, he will rest and then decide Im sure. Jimmy will eventually talk him into it in my opinion. But it wont be until mid to late summer at the earliest. And it will be limited. Which means tickets would be difficult to get if they chose an indoor venue. Must have patience!

Why is it impossible? Page hadn't played live since 2004 until Monday. As good as everyone makes this show to be, there were problems -- namely D&C nearly devolving into chaos before Jones pulled it out, a few transitions which were missed, a lot of little things that would be quickly smoothed over by playing live. I'd certainly think doing that -- playing instrumentals -- is a unique idea that really has never been done by any other band.

And PLANT is the PROBLEM. He has ALWAYS BEEN the barrier to a reunion.

ALL-WAYS. The problem." Its my voice and Im going home-wahhhhhahhhhhahhhhhh-haaaaa!"

But he has a solo career...oh yeh?

Who cares.

When was the last time ANYONE wanted to listen to TALL COOL COKE-A- COLA...I mean "one" or "pledge-pin" or any of it really...cmon EVERYBODY wants Zeppelin, and thats why Percy always refuses.

ok Im ready for the blitzkreig..FLAME ON!

I won't flame you. I will say any argument which portrays Robert Plant as a PROBLEM is flawed from the get go. I'm glad Robert Plant is doing what he chooses to do, instead

of retiring altogether. Life's to short to live for the sake of others, especially on the

brink of 60.

Solar, I would love to see it and Id pay to see Page no matter who he is with. But in this type of music you just dont see pure instrumental events. Especially with with such a marquee and monster name as Led zeppelin. It just wouldnt work and Jimmy wouldnt do it. Perhaps they would bring in another singer and not call it Led Zeppelin like he did with the Firm. but no way would they do what Foreigner is doing. A straight up instrumental tour at major venues will never happen. But I absolutley believe we will see Led Zeppelin again in the near future. And with it new songs.

Who said it has to be major venues? In fact, smallish size venues would be best IMHO for something like this (Royal Albert Hall/Carnegie Hall, places of that size). I mean, Page did play instrumentals with Bonham on the Outrider tour. Could charge whatever. Moreso, it's a chance for the three to just PLAY the music in front of people.

That said, i'm sure they'll just rehearse rehearse rehearse like crazy without Robert. He's not needed to do that.

Actually, I'd see it. But they better not call it Led Zeppelin, and they better not bank on Zeppelin tunes to create a show. I'd want to see new material and solo material from their past, with a little Zep mixed in just for aesthetics.

As far as Plant. He may not be the block, but he is one. We all know what he's said about a reunion and about Zep in general in the past.

Though, honestly, if I were Plant, I'd be skeptical about a reunion after Live 8 and Atlantic's 40th, too. R&RHOF was okay until Jason gave up the drums... then it went downhill. Plus, you have to understand. Plant is trying to make a name for himself as a solo act.

You try doing that when the whole reason your famous is because you fronted possibly the most famous band in history. The shadow of the "Hindenburg" hangs over everything he's done solo pre- and post- Zep. I'm sure Robert is beyond sick and tired of being known only as "Percy, Led Zeppelin's front man." That probably puts a black mark on his memories.

So of course he's gonna be a block. I think he needs to stop fighting the past and let it propell him forward, but Robert does have a few good reasons for being so against it.

Is that the same hat that remained on the hat rack when Page & Plant toured without JPJ?

I guess Jones did get the cold shoulder on that one, but if I remember correctly, Plant did not want to bring back the Led Zeppelin "Monster" at that point, and teamed up with his band, and old friend Jimmy Page to write some new music and play mostly Led Zeppelin songs in concert. :blink:

I guess Jones did get the cold shoulder on that one, but if I remember correctly, Plant did not want to bring back the Led Zeppelin "Monster" at that point, and teamed up with his band, and old friend Jimmy Page to write some new music and play mostly Led Zeppelin songs in concert. :blink:

I did enjoy Page & Plant. I do remember wishing JPJ was there. That is a sclose as I have been able to get to see LZ.

I know that Page, Jones, and Bonham are antsy to get out and play together ASAP. I think they should forge ahead, regardless of the consequences. They should recruit Fred Durst to sing with them.

They could call the band Fred Zeppelin.

Today London, tommorrow the milky way galaxy!!!

I know that Page, Jones, and Bonham are antsy to get out and play together ASAP. I think they should forge ahead, regardless of the consequences. They should recruit Fred Durst to sing with them.

They could call the band Fred Zeppelin.

Today London, tommorrow the milky way galaxy!!!

I agree with you,

Page, Jones and Bonham are ready to continue what they started here. The Problem is Robert Plant has other plans. Do you fans think the guys should hire another singer like Foreigner did?

New fox reality show, "Rock Star SuperZeppelin" Have hopefulls all over the world try to convice Page, Jones, and Bonham to chose them! Find someone who can hit the high notes without tuning down. B)

Satan is coming to take your soul. Enjoy Hell.

To even jokingly create such a sick, perverted, heresy of an idea is blasphemy at its highest form, and I simply won't allow it!

If the boys ever going into reality TV like this, I will disown all of them. Period.

But this would be an interesting alternative should Plant refuse to do this again.

Somehow, I cannot see it as an interesting alternative. I'm not saying that seeying Page, Jones and Jason Bonham playing together would be a nightmare, but I just can't see the point. An at-least-something reunion?

I agree with you,

Page, Jones and Bonham are ready to continue what they started here. The Problem is Robert Plant has other plans. Do you fans think the guys should hire another singer like Foreigner did?

If Robert refuses, and I mean absolutely postively 100% flat out refuses to tour with the guys, why not? Of course you don't call it Led Zeppelin if the three perform music together, but i don't see how them doing it is an affront to Robert anymore than Page and Plant was to Jones. In fact, going ahead with a tour might persuade Robert to join in. Remember Coverdale/Page? They were supposed to go on an extensive tour, with Coverdale singing Zeppelin covers. It doesn't seem unreasonably to suspect that Plant was apalled at that idea, and agreed to do "Unledded" and a subsequent tour with Jimmy to prevent such a thing from occuring.

If Robert refuses, and I mean absolutely postively 100% flat out refuses to tour with the guys, why not? Of course you don't call it Led Zeppelin if the three perform music together, but i don't see how them doing it is an affront to Robert anymore than Page and Plant was to Jones. In fact, going ahead with a tour might persuade Robert to join in. Remember Coverdale/Page? They were supposed to go on an extensive tour, with Coverdale singing Zeppelin covers. It doesn't seem unreasonably to suspect that Plant was apalled at that idea, and agreed to do "Unledded" and a subsequent tour with Jimmy to prevent such a thing from occuring.

I say once Plant refuses to tour outright, then go grab Coverdale again. Don't call it Led Zep, but do some Led Zep songs, some new ones, Whitesnake, Coverdale/Page and others. Am I the only one that actually enjoyed Coverdale/Page?

Chris Cornell, Chris Robinson...interesting. Why not throw the names Dave Grohl(as a VOCALIST) in there, and hell, the Wilson sisters as well...BUT....Coverdale?????

The VERY LAST FUCKING THING i wanna see or hear is Page, with hair teased to the moon again, playing a totally RETARDED song like "Feeling Hot". It would simply make me stop playing the guitar forever. I'd rather The Firm got back together.

I did enjoy Coverdale/Page...the guitar playing aspect of it.

Chris Cornell, Chris Robinson...interesting. Why not throw the names Dave Grohl(as a VOCALIST) in there, and hell, the Wilson sisters as well...BUT....Coverdale?????

The VERY LAST FUCKING THING i wanna see or hear is Page, with hair teased to the moon again, playing a totally RETARDED song like "Feeling Hot". It would simply make me stop playing the guitar forever. I'd rather The Firm got back together.

I did enjoy Coverdale/Page...the guitar playing aspect of it.

I actually liked Coverdale/Page -- I guess I am in the minority.

I just would love to see JP, JPJ, JB play together again and it would be a shame for Plant to hold them up or stop them. One person should not be bigger than the band. They should move along without him and wither use or don't use the name -- whatever they see fit. They are not getting any younger, so why do the three of them have to work around Plant's life. These statements, of course, are based on the fact that the three of them are interested in playing together. I guess time will tell.

Plant is trying to make a name for himself as a solo act.

IMHO, Robert should have stopped being so insecure about making a name for himself as a solo artist back in 1983 when Big Log and In the Mood were hits, let alone the Now and Zen album which was quite popular. For him to be insecure TODAY about it, as if he's not been able to accomplish anything substantial in 27 years, is pathological.

Archived