Page, Jones & Bonham

bbking

EVERY SINGLE OTHER ACT moves on live and in most cases even recording no matter who passes away or not and I am thankful for that for I have very much enjoyed groups continuing.

actually, no, not every other act moves on after a member dies or quits. and you notice that 9 times out of 10, when they do move on, they suck and struggle to draw the same size crowds and generally everything after the original line-up is forgotten. only a huge ass band like Pink Floyd could truly pull off a respectable tour after a member leaves, and even then they stunk and people only showed up because it was called the Floyd. A band like Genesis could pull it off too, but only because they were still a good band, but no matter what anyone says it was NOT the same band, NOT the same music and really it was only because they didn't replace anyone. If "Led Zeppelin" started touring it would make me wonder what it was for. would it really be for the music? I doubt it. and if they made a new "Led Zeppelin" album, that would end it for me. Gilmour and Mason were hacks trying to continue the Floyd without Waters and Wright. The last real Floyd album was The Wall, the rest were side projects with a couple of Floyd members sitting in. Although truly, the Floyd only released one album anyways.

Led Zeppelin has to die someday. whether we all like it or not, there will be a day when they will never play again. why not let them decide when that is and do it in such a way that they go out in style? I'm a fan of Led Zeppelin, not some bunch of washed up old men who don't know when to move on to something else. O2 was awesome, but they had to prepare for months for that, and with constant touring, who knows how long it will last? if they toured and sounded sucky by the end, then the same people who begged for a tour would be whining about how they should have called it quits while they were on top.

Your nuts!!!Zeppelin without Plant is like sex without a woman

I agree. I paid an arm and a leg to see Page/Plant-twice. I figured that was as close as I would get. I never saw Page solo but I have seen Plant solo many times. Seeing "the band" play would be like going to see The Who now. I didn't mind when Moon was gone, but now that the Ox is gone, it wouldn't be the same. I saw Roger Waters recently-took three guys to replace Gilmour but they pulled it off. I saw Van Halen with Roth recently also. Eddie's son played well, but Anthony was missed. Some work, and some don't. For the money you would have to pay, unless they form a new band and come out with a new album, I wouldn't want to see them. Plant has the right idea new fresh music. They could have been touring for years now making money hand over fist. The only one I see that has been doing that is Plant. Excluding Jason, Page and Jones have not put out a good album (of their own) in a long time.

Well I saw Page play at Boston Garden when he was with the Firm(85 or 86), he was great, it was awesome when he did a twenty minute solo sitting down. At that same concert I saw Jason Bonham play for the opening band he was great. I can't remember the name of the band he played for but he did a solo also and it was awesome. I would love to see them all play together. At the same time I can understand that if they didn't. Why ruin a good thing. Led Zepplin is awesome and will always be a great band. If they did go on tour and they started out great and ended on a band note then that is all everyone would remember. Not the fact that they got back together but that they should never have tried. To me I think it would be awesome. Zeppelin could never suck, even if they played from a hospital bed.

I think this thread will be made redundant when we all get the annoucement we are craving in the not to distant future. Did Plant & Krauss annouce American dates yet? Maybe it'll come after that.

I would support the other three if they decided to recruit another singer (I'd prefer an unknown to any established star) not sure what they should be called though. If they did a LZ set I'm not sure calling them anything else has any relevance. Maybe they should call themselves Led Zeppelin II!

How about they recruit a new young singer and then JPJ & JP take on apprentices (like The Jedi!) to train up for when they can't tour anymore. That way Led Zep would live on into the 21st Century. Otherwise, in the next decade or so we'll lose all the great rock bands as live acts. The Stones, Floyd and The Who could follow suite.

That's just comical to think that if Led Zeppelin or whatever group that goes out performing live and or recording and are great BUT end up not being great that no one would remember them for their greatness. Is this how you all view the god's of music over the 20th Century? It sure as phuck is not how I look at all that' gone down. If you all want everyone worldwide to just drop the whole rock n' roll thing and play video games and sit at their computers for the rest of their lives so far you are getting your wish...or SOMEONE SOMEWHERE can go out and make something of it!

The VERY LAST FUCKING THING i wanna see or hear is Page, with hair teased to the moon again, playing a totally RETARDED song like "Feeling Hot". It would simply make me stop playing the guitar forever. I'd rather The Firm got back together.

I agree, worst song on that....thing...album....I guess you could call it. Reminds me of lick it up by Kiss, another heavily gross song.

Archived