13 Year old Gives Obama and Romney a Report Card!

Charles J. White

I seem to remember a guy named George Bush who once got on nat'l tv to tell all Americans that he really didn't care what Osama Bin Laden was doing. He then backed up his stance by dismantling the very intel team that was supposed to find him. Mr. Obama promised in the 2008 debates to find him and bring him to justice. He kept his promise. This left the Republicans with that great caveat of 'we got the intel thru torture'. As we end two wars that George Bush started, I see no reason to increase military spending at this time. The enemy has changed, and the demands of the military need to change accordingly.

I find it most interesting that the "Red States" also happen to be the very ones that spend more gov't money than they produce with tax revenue....yet they are the very people prepared to vote Obama out because of others living off the public tit.....but you're young and from Kansas.....I understand !

Why is it so many are acting like a vote for Romney is a vote for Bush? He is a different man. Listen to what this young girl had to say. It makes alot of sense. How can anyone justify letting this guy have another four years? So we can watch him take some jump shots? His snubbing of Isreal will not be taken lightly. Sure Obama has the black vote sealed. But Romney will have the Jewish vote I assure you. and why do you think he will lose in Michigan Bonger? I am a democrat. So I am voting for the man, not party on this one. i will vote for Hillibrand and Slaughter here. Dems. But for the oval office, Romney is the better choice to me.

I'm tellin ya...

Stick with the devil you know.

Worst. Advice. Ever.

I'm glad Americans didn't stick with the "devil we knew" in 1980.

Annnnnnd... BOOM goes the dynamite.

Seriously, "the devil I know" has screwed us up worse than any President before, and I'm certainly not willing to give him 4 more years to continue his shitty reign.

4 more years simply gives him carte blanche with ZERO accountability to anyone except those he owes.

He assured everyone he could handle the job, and instead wasted 2 years with total control of our government, and couldn't even pass a budget, much less address the most important crises the nation faced.

Instead, he used those 2 years campaigning to pass what he considered his legacy, and even then they had to resort to reconcilliation in order to have enough votes to pass it.

All the while our economy continued to tank because of his poor policies.

Now that he's up for re-election, he assures us he can get it done this time.

How can he be trusted when he didn't get it done in his first term, even when that meant risking re-election?

If he's re-elected, he'll have no accountability at all, and just spin and place blame for the rest of his failures.

No, just like in the real world, if you don't perform, you get replaced by someone who can.

I certainly don't want to find out what he has in mind for dealing with Russia after he's elected and has "more flexibility".

Any type of dissent from the all-mighty and infallible Democrats is evil and displays ignorant stupidity that deserves harsh punishment. The first thousand times Liberals insulted and threatened me it bothered me. It doesn't anymore.

haters-gonna-hate.gif?w=610

My post refers to your comments in general .......not just politics.

And I'm a proud registered Independent, if your ever wondering :)

If this site were to be considered a microcosm of the general public, then Mr Obama is in big trouble. Four years ago the site was crawling with pro Obama members, Hermit of course was the leader, but now you do not see that. I would consider this to be a left wing type of environment if I had to make the call, and yet, there is alot of mum by the old supporters of this sitting president that I hope gets the door. Certainly I do not consider this a random sample by any means as its a music site first and the type that would come here would be more often democratic I feel. i will be surprised if Romney does not win. Very surprised but not shocked like the Bush/Gore election that really left a bad taste in my mouth for polotics in general. Poor George. He gets the job and then the unimaginable horror of 911 hits before the ink was wet on the inauguration. Who in God's name would have wanted to have to walk into that mess? Even from a historical point of view, a lose lose situation. I sure hope we have our security on high alert before during and after this election. The Muslim world wants Obama for sure. No doubts there. The man sickens me with his pro Muslim front. Lets get his ass out of the office and give someone with a good track record a chance. Hell, how can you go against Dirty Harry?

Worst. Advice. Ever.

Annnnnnd... BOOM goes the dynamite.

Seriously, "the devil I know" has screwed us up worse than any President before, and I'm certainly not willing to give him 4 more years to continue his shitty reign.

4 more years simply gives him carte blanche with ZERO accountability to anyone except those he owes.

He assured everyone he could handle the job, and instead wasted 2 years with total control of our government, and couldn't even pass a budget, much less address the most important crises the nation faced.

Instead, he used those 2 years campaigning to pass what he considered his legacy, and even then they had to resort to reconcilliation in order to have enough votes to pass it.

All the while our economy continued to tank because of his poor policies.

Now that he's up for re-election, he assures us he can get it done this time.

How can he be trusted when he didn't get it done in his first term, even when that meant risking re-election?

If he's re-elected, he'll have no accountability at all, and just spin and place blame for the rest of his failures.

No, just like in the real world, if you don't perform, you get replaced by someone who can.

I certainly don't want to find out what he has in mind for dealing with Russia after he's elected and has "more flexibility".

Look, I don't like Obama anymore than you, I'm from MA, and I can tell you we are broke here thanks to Romney care, and I never liked George W. I mean, seriously, he came from Barbara and George Herbert Walker? Are you shittin me? He spent money like it was going out of style!! Etc, etc.

BTW...where is Cindy Sheehan? I'm not kidding. Get everybody home, NOW. But, we will continue to focus on the World Series, the NHL lockout, and Lance fucking Armstrong!

And so it goes.

Peace out! I'm staying home on Election Day. We deserve exactly what we get.

Same ole.

Look, I don't like Obama anymore than you, I'm from MA, and I can tell you we are broke here thanks to Romney care, and I never liked George W. I mean, seriously, he came from Barbara and George Herbert Walker? Are you shittin me? He spent money like it was going out of style!! Etc, etc.

BTW...where is Cindy Sheehan? I'm not kidding. Get everybody home, NOW. But, we will continue to focus on the World Series, the NHL lockout, and Lance fucking Armstrong!

And so it goes.

Same ole.

Bush didn't spend near as much as Obama has.

And so it goes.

Same ole.

First, even if you personally didn't support it, Romneycare was mandated and heavily supported in your state, which is how it should be done - on a state level with the blessing/support of the constituency.

Each state should be able to decide how best to support their citizens, based on what those citizens agree to.

You say y'all are broke from Romneycare, and I don't doubt you.

That is my biggest problem with Obamacare - we can't afford it.

People are clueless as to how all of these expenses are going to kick in - as soon as 1 January 2013 - as Obamacare is put into motion.

There are better ways to reduce healthcare costs without nationalizing it.

I'm more of an optimist.

I believe a different person can bring a positive change and reverse the direction in which our economy - and country - is headed,

While Obama is clearly the worst kind of partisan hack, I truly believe Romney operates from a core of pride in being able to do a good job, and having the knowledge and experience in how to bring it about.

As a literal empty suit/manufactured candidate, Obama actually believes his own hype, while Romney has a long and consistent record of real-world successful results in business.

In other words, I believe the 2 candidates operate from completely different core values.

Obama is a narcissistic elitist, paying lip-service to commoners - even dipping into a more ethnic patois when the circumstances require it - as he plays on the connection of appearance.

Romney may well have a bit of an ego himself, but at least it's been earned through documented successes.

And as today's news shows, turns out Romney's a lot more ethical than how he's being portrayed.

Gloria Allred's October Surprise was for the release of testimony from a 25 year-old divorce case, intended to reveal that Romney had undervalued Staples' stock in order to load up on it before the IPO.

Instead, he took his own advice, and didn't exercise all of his options to buy up the pre-IPO stock because he felt the stock was too risky.

He may have lost out on a huge windfall, but he was living by his own high ethical standards.

Here's the story > http://washingtonexa...28#.UInqVIbMkrx

SPORTS ANALOGY ALERT!

I am reminded of the trash-talking of Deion Sanders back in the day.

A lot of people were put off by the trash-talk, but I always felt that if you could and had delivered as consistently as he had, he had the right to talk shit.

Kind of like the observation "it ain't bragging if you can back it up."

Obama comes off more like the rookie who signs a huge contract and wants to spike the ball and do a choreographed dance on his very first touchdown.

I'll find your dance more palatable once you've established some credibility, once you've achieved some quantifiable results.

Cliff's Notes:

Obama is style with no substance.

Romney is considerable substance with old-fashioned, not-so-hip style.

But I'm not interested in what's on his iPod, I want him to fix the economy.

Like others here, I come to the forums to get away from the political junk going on out there. But I had to share this amusing little tale from a newspaper in Virginia.

They went to some very rural areas, heavily religious, etc, and found Romney in trouble. They were amazed, this is where he should be superman! So they interviewed this one woman, and she says "I'm voting for Obama, even though he is a Muslim". Ok, so some misinformation there. But she goes on: "I won't vote for Romney, I can't stand anyone that's filthy rich. Plus he's a Mormon, so you know he's got like 20 wives, he's got a lot more than that one he goes around with."

So double the misinformation, lol!!

Seriously though, there has GOT to be a better way to do an election that THIS. Billions of dollars spent, almost ONE MILLION television advertisements broadcast (all of varying truthfulness)....

Like others here, I come to the forums to get away from the political junk going on out there. But I had to share this amusing little tale from a newspaper in Virginia.

They went to some very rural areas, heavily religious, etc, and found Romney in trouble. They were amazed, this is where he should be superman! So they interviewed this one woman, and she says "I'm voting for Obama, even though he is a Muslim". Ok, so some misinformation there. But she goes on: "I won't vote for Romney, I can't stand anyone that's filthy rich. Plus he's a Mormon, so you know he's got like 20 wives, he's got a lot more than that one he goes around with."

So double the misinformation, lol!!

Seriously though, there has GOT to be a better way to do an election that THIS. Billions of dollars spent, almost ONE MILLION television advertisements broadcast (all of varying truthfulness)....

Ha!

Incredible.

Low-information voters, indeed.

Of course, it's about the same in the black community on Twitter - you couldn't imagine the rumors that get traction on Twitter!

Romney will ban hair weave and the Dollar Menu! http://twitchy.com/2...he-dollar-menu/

AND he'll ban tampons! :blink:http://twitchy.com/2...ed-on-his-face/

Not to mention the all-out hate: http://twitchy.com/2...ney-if-he-wins/

There are numerous links at the bottom of the article to other threats that have been posted.

Is it just a coincidence that most black voters, educated or not-will vote for Obama...........?

The thing that is scary about every presidential election is that wheather your well informed, educated or straight up ignorant and misled/misguided, your vote is worth just as much at the polls as anyone elses.

I've heard some people talking out loud in general conversations (at work, in public stores, etc) about the election/politics, and they clearly have NO clue as to what Obama or Romney truly stand for. The perception of the Rebublican party standing for the "rich" and the Democrats standing for the "poor and middle class" is how some people view the two parties. I belong to neither, and I'm proud to say that-but it doesn't mean I won't vote for one of these men. I'm voting for the best man for the job. Party affiliations do not sway me either way. I can't say the same for eveyone.

The truth is, there are lots of ignorant/racially motivated individuals that are voting. They only know the color of the canidates and that Obama is black, so they are voting for him (I'm assuming) just because of his race/color. Some of the conversations I have witnessed have led me to believe this. I'd imagine if this election (is won by Obama) it will be because of the majority of people who think this way, opposed to people who actually have common sense and a brain worth using as an individual, and are not influenced by others in a negative, uninformed way.

Thankfully, there are not quite enough of them (ignorant people) to put either canidate in office alone. If that was the case Obama wouldn't have become President in the first place.

I read a few statistics after Obama was elected in 2008. Off of memory, I believe 80-85% of African Americans voted for Obama, which is not surprising. But African Americans are in the minority as far as numbers go in this country, so the White/Caucasian vote helped him win. Not sure what the Latino vote was for Obama, but I'm sure it was mostly for him as well.

I wonder if the same people will be voting for him again, after what has been witnessed the last 4 years? Lots of things were "promised" that never happened. What happened to that "change" slogan?

I think a lot of folks were caught up into the "making history" theme in 2008. Being, potentially the first black President really helped Obama to be thrust onto the stage as he was, with slogans like "change" and "yes, we can". I just hope more people vote with a clear mind this time, not based on race or a particular party affiliation. Here's to wishing. :beer:

On a side note: Since someone mentioned or shared a link with Gene Simmons comment...I gotta say-I really don't have any love for the guy, but he IS a great business man. I think the comment he made about "America being a business/should be run like a business, and that Romney is a good business man", is about the most intelligent thing he's ever said, to my knowledge.

I think Obama's has done the best he could and I have no huge complaints with him, but I think Romeny would do a better job with the economy.

I can't comment much on how Romney would do in Middle Eastern tactics or handle situations in that regard. I guess that's just something that hasn't been seen yet.

But I do believe that his vision for helping the economy grow as far as balancing the budget, creating jobs and letting the states have control/mandate insurance, is a good thing.

He seems to be an organized type of guy.

Now this is the most I've ever talked on politics here, as it's not my most comfortable subject, but for whatever reason-these are things I wanted to post.

Good luck to all that vote for using that "right" you have to do what you think is best for the country. It's a priviledge.

Is it just a coincidence that most black voters, educated or not-will vote for Obama...........?

The thing that is scary about every presidential election is that wheather your well informed, educated or straight up ignorant and misled/misguided, your vote is worth just as much at the polls as anyone elses.

I've heard some people talking out loud in general conversations (at work, in public stores, etc) about the election/politics, and they clearly have NO clue as to what Obama or Romney truly stand for. The perception of the Rebublican party standing for the "rich" and the Democrats standing for the "poor and middle class" is how some people view the two parties. I belong to neither, and I'm proud to say that-but it doesn't mean I won't vote for one of these men. I'm voting for the best man for the job. Party affiliations do not sway me either way. I can't say the same for eveyone.

The truth is, there are lots of ignorant/racially motivated individuals that are voting. They only know the color of the canidates and that Obama is black, so they are voting for him (I'm assuming) just because of his race/color. Some of the conversations I have witnessed have led me to believe this. I'd imagine if this election (is won by Obama) it will be because of the majority of people who think this way, opposed to people who actually have common sense and a brain worth using as an individual, and are not influenced by others in a negative, uninformed way.

Thankfully, there are not quite enough of them (ignorant people) to put either canidate in office alone. If that was the case Obama wouldn't have become President in the first place.

I read a few statistics after Obama was elected in 2008. Off of memory, I believe 80-85% of African Americans voted for Obama, which is not surprising. But African Americans are in the minority as far as numbers go in this country, so the White/Caucasian vote helped him win. Not sure what the Latino vote was for Obama, but I'm sure it was mostly for him as well.

I wonder if the same people will be voting for him again, after what has been witnessed the last 4 years? Lots of things were "promised" that never happened. What happened to that "change" slogan?

I think a lot of folks were caught up into the "making history" theme in 2008. Being, potentially the first black President really helped Obama to be thrust onto the stage as he was, with slogans like "change" and "yes, we can". I just hope more people vote with a clear mind this time, not based on race or a particular party affiliation. Here's to wishing. :beer:

On a side note: Since someone mentioned or shared a link with Gene Simmons comment...I gotta say-I really don't have any love for the guy, but he IS a great business man. I think the comment he made about "America being a business/should be run like a business, and that Romney is a good business man", is about the most intelligent thing he's ever said, to my knowledge.

I think Obama's has done the best he could and I have no huge complaints with him, but I think Romeny would do a better job with the economy.

I can't comment much on how Romney would do in Middle Eastern tactics or handle situations in that regard. I guess that's just something that hasn't been seen yet.

But I do believe that his vision for helping the economy grow as far as balancing the budget, creating jobs and letting the states have control/mandate insurance, is a good thing.

Now this is the most I've ever talked on politics here, as it's not my most comfortable subject, but for whatever reason-these are things I wanted to post.

Good luck to all that vote for using that "right" you have to do what you think is best for the country. It's a priviledge.

Very well stated write up. And it is pathetic that people will vote for Obama simply because he is black. Perhaps they should have some type of unannounced questionare to be filled out to see if you know enough of the situation in the US and world to be qualified to vote? It would be tremendously difficult, but it would mean you could only vote if you were smart enoug to understand what the hell is going on? I know this will probably never happen. So I am guessing the recent events overseas are going to be the final nail in Obama's coffin and tarnish Hillary's reputation. I am hearing alot of dissent amoung Dems even to lead me to believe Romney should take this. Lets hope for the good of the country he does, because I know he knows he will be scrutinized heavily on what he does. Obama has had a free ride. I believe in part because he is black and I guess we had to have a black president didnt we? But we got the wrong one. Its too bad. I know Hillary was a smarter choice 4 years ago. Now their is alot of egg in the faces of the Obama supporters who came on here with their bullshit 4 years ago. Where are you Hermit? What do you think of your super boy now?

Richtige Punkte haben angeredet. sehr wahre Beobachtungen. good points and observation.

:goodpost:

Let's not forget that it seemed like a lot of Republicans were disenchanted with Mitt's selection as their nominee. There's a group of Republicans in Congress that aren't interested in hearing what their own majority leader Boehner had to say, let alone a Democratic President of any color. Mitt will be pulled to the middle even further if he's elected. Will he be able to control the right-wing lunatic fringe....or will he be their puppet ? Romney or Obama will not solve the financial problems facing this country.

Mitt Romney will be surrounded by 75% of Bush's regime. If you enjoyed the 8 years of foreign policy that type of leadership provided, then he's your man ! I'll be voting to continue the last 4 years of sanity.

Basically though I'm with Strider. If you haven't made up your mind where you stand yet, you're probably clueless about a lot of things.

Let's not forget that it seemed like a lot of Republicans were disenchanted with Mitt's selection as their nominee. There's a group of Republicans in Congress that aren't interested in hearing what their own majority leader Boehner had to say, let alone a Democratic President of any color. Mitt will be pulled to the middle even further if he's elected. Will he be able to control the right-wing lunatic fringe....or will he be their puppet ? Romney or Obama will not solve the financial problems facing this country.

Mitt Romney will be surrounded by 75% of Bush's regime. If you enjoyed the 8 years of foreign policy that type of leadership provided, then he's your man ! I'll be voting to continue the last 4 years of sanity.

Basically though I'm with Strider. If you haven't made up your mind where you stand yet, you're probably clueless about a lot of things.

I am with the guy that said if he didn't keep his promise's and get the job done, its time for a change. You go against Clint, you're gonna lose punk.

I am with the guy that said if he didn't keep his promise's and get the job done, its time for a change. You go against Clint, you're gonna lose punk.

Can't really argue with that....well I could, but there's no point. If someone wants to argue that Obama has already given us his best shot the last 4 years, has nothing additional to offer, and it's time to give someone else a try, I really don't have a problem with that. Being a Democrat, I managed to lived thru the Reagan and Bush Sr years. I survived. I am politically curious as to how many people planning to vote for Romney this election also voted for Bush twice in '00 and '04.....a man whose own party thought it best he not attend their convention. Even if Obama loses, does anyone believe that McCain/Palin would have made the last 4 years any better for our country ? The Obama presidency has shown our country's true colors in all shades. We lived up to our creed....and elected a black man to the highest office in the land for the first time. We also endured the ignorance of birthers and Muslim haters....people that history will surely treat unkind. I guess after enduring this very long election process, I hope for our country's sake there is a clear winner. But I've already got a sinking feeling that it isn't going to work out quite that way at all.

Can't really argue with that....well I could, but there's no point. If someone wants to argue that Obama has already given us his best shot the last 4 years, has nothing additional to offer, and it's time to give someone else a try, I really don't have a problem with that. Being a Democrat, I managed to lived thru the Reagan and Bush Sr years. I survived. I am politically curious as to how many people planning to vote for Romney this election also voted for Bush twice in '00 and '04.....a man whose own party thought it best he not attend their convention. Even if Obama loses, does anyone believe that McCain/Palin would have made the last 4 years any better for our country ? The Obama presidency has shown our country's true colors in all shades. We lived up to our creed....and elected a black man to the highest office in the land for the first time. We also endured the ignorance of birthers and Muslim haters....people that history will surely treat unkind. I guess after enduring this very long election process, I hope for our country's sake there is a clear winner. But I've already got a sinking feeling that it isn't going to work out quite that way at all.

No Bonger I did not believe in McCain either so I skipped the election. By the way, I only called you a punk in reference to Clint always calling someone a punk before he shoots them, so no offense intended. I am a dem too. This is the first time I will ever vote for a Republican president and cross party lines. Because I am certain Romney is a better choice than Obama. I do not know if we can call Muslin haters ignorant. People that kill people constantly and stand behind a God that supports it are not on my A list

I'm no expert on US politics but to be honiest your analysis comes off as just as simplistic as you accuse others of being.

I'd point out that the democrats have for decades had the vast majority of the black vote for obvious social/ecomonic reasons and that you could just as easily make the same arguement for race working agenst Obama.

Romney is obviously an intelligent man but for me he both represents the flawed system that created the current economic mess and someone fundamentally untrustworthy. The man comes from a background in venture capitalism afterall and yet again is pushing for vast tax cuts, the same tax cuts that were responseble for the largest growths in the US deficit since WW2 under Reagan and Bush, lets not forget he was ready to put most of the US auto industry to the sword aswell.

As Bong-Man states its very hard to predict which way he'll go, will you get Romneycare Mitt or Romney appoiting supreme court justices who'll potentially overturn Roe vs Wade? To be honiest I think alot of moderate republicans would be best of voting Obama if they want someone they can depend to deliver on there issues rather than someone who could pander to the lunatic fringe.

If this site were to be considered a microcosm of the general public, then Mr Obama is in big trouble. Four years ago the site was crawling with pro Obama members, Hermit of course was the leader, but now you do not see that. I would consider this to be a left wing type of environment if I had to make the call, and yet, there is alot of mum by the old supporters of this sitting president that I hope gets the door.

Yeah, last time there was a lot of detailed analyis and arguments about why we should vote for 0. You don't see that anymore, now it's mostly just a lot of cheap shots against Romney.

Looking at it as an outsider, I think you'd have to be insane, morally bankrupt or both to vote for Romney.

I saw some of the debates. Romney comes across like he's recovering from a recent lobotomy.

:rolleyes:

Like I said..

No Bonger I did not believe in McCain either so I skipped the election. By the way, I only called you a punk in reference to Clint always calling someone a punk before he shoots them, so no offense intended. I am a dem too. This is the first time I will ever vote for a Republican president and cross party lines. Because I am certain Romney is a better choice than Obama. I do not know if we can call Muslin haters ignorant. People that kill people constantly and stand behind a God that supports it are not on my A list

I think one reason I still embrace Obama is because I never bought in to the 'hope and change' angle to begin with. One thing that bothers me about Romney is that the right-wing lunatic fringe of the Republican party seems to be staying eerily quiet during this campaign. They view Romney as the lesser of two evils....which to me indicates nothing will change in the halls of Congress. Romney was a Governor. His inside connections to Congress will be no better than Jimmy Carter's was....and past business connections in Congress don't mean diddley-squat. The Left is no better. When Obama was caught off-mike saying he'll be more effective in his 2nd term because he won't have to worry about being re-elected, he was referring to the nut-jobs in his own party. For most people, this election is about the economy. For me, it's foreign affairs. I abhored the foreign affairs policies of George Bush. I think they were an embarrasment to the United States. The very thought of a Romney victory sending us down that same road scares the living shit out of me. Listening to his answers during the last debate left me with that same Bush/Cheney feeling all over again.

Even if Obama loses, does anyone believe that McCain/Palin would have made the last 4 years any better for our country ?

I don't care what people think, I honestly believe we definitely wouldn't have near as large of a deficit, nor would unemployment be as high.

The deficit was just under $10 Trillion when Obama stepped in.

Obamacare and the Stimulus are easily over half of the extra $6 Trillion that he has added since.

And because the media has a tendency to gloss over the parts of history that don't fit their liberal agenda, people often forget the role Barney Frank played in the collapse of the economy.

Despite the fact that Bush was in office - where most of the blame is so eagerly generally placed - it was Barney Frank who lied about the stability/solvency of Fannie Mae as late as within 7 weeks - July 14, 2008 - of it's collapse, stating that Fannie Mae was "fundamentally sound, and not in danger of going under".

Fannie Mae "went under" September 7, 2008, when the government stepped in and put it into a conservatorship.

Instead of covering his ass until the actual collapse, he could have chosen to speak out and warn the administration as well as the public so that steps could be taken.

Early intervention is always preferable to after-the-fact clean-up.

But in typical political fashion, he lied and misled people and then jumped feet-first into the "blame Bush" bandwagon.

You may not like Bill O'Reilly, but he nailed Barney Frank on this report.

Archived