Fitness Thread

ledzepfvr

I've been a bad girl and un inspired though the holiday season. My exercise area was taken over with a Christmas tree. The good news is that while I didn't lose any weight, I finally had the nerve to weight myself this morning and much to my surprise, I did not gain any excess weight.

I did try to make up for the lack of exercise by not parking curbside to my workplace, but rather finding a spot about a half block away forcing myself to walk a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi marlam, did you take that photo? It is gorgeous.

I stopped downhill skiing several years ago and have always wanted to try cc, but I have a hard enough time fitting in other fitness activities without adding another one.

Hi marlam, did you take that photo? It is gorgeous.

I stopped downhill skiing several years ago and have always wanted to try cc, but I have a hard enough time fitting in other fitness activities without adding another one.

Thank you, I took it with my cell phone today.

• 4 months later...

Got of my arse and took the dog for a walk this evening. Had no excuse to talk myself out of it and I promised my massage therapist I would walk this week at least one day. It needs to become a habit if I want to get into some reasonable shape.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the Zeppelin forum and stay healthy, our bodies are a gift, and we should treat them as such. Glad to hear you do things to stay healthy!

I train 6 days a week for various things. Weight training mostly. Just entered the rock and roll 1/2 marathon tho so I have started running... A lot lol.

Feels good tho.

Went for a 4 and a half mile hike on the Santa Rosa Plateau last Sunday. Surprisingly I wasn't as sore as I expected to be. Took the wrong trail and ended up in the wrong parking lot feeling a little silly haveing to ask a stranger for a ride to the right lot. :bagoverhead:

• 2 weeks later...

I train 6 days a week for various things. Weight training mostly. Just entered the rock and roll 1/2 marathon tho so I have started running... A lot lol.

Feels good tho.

Rock and roll 1/2 marathon?! :o That sounds awesome!!

I'm signed up for a race in August after not running for a few months and hope to double my distance for the spring to a 10M or possibly even a 1/2. I got going again with the Zombies Run apps (I have both the C25K and the regular). Love them! I run mainly for medicinal purposes so this makes the running fun, interesting and it goes by a lot faster. Plus it synchs with your playlists.

Sort of along these lines, can anyone recommend a dairy/soy free protein powder? I've given up dairy and am allergic to soy but want to make smoothies. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

A while back I bought a Gold's Gym model 410 treadmill at Walmart. I am currently doing 20 minutes at an incline of 5 and speed of 2.5 mph. I do that right after I wake up. My girlfriend convinced me to get rid of my scale as you will drive yourself crazy with it. I see my doc every 6 months and am weighed at that time. I am losing weight but it's a slow process. I have also given up most junk food and processed sugar though I will sneak a do-nut here and there. Hell, you gotta feed that craving once in a while. :^) But I really like the treadmill and I can watch TV while I'm going and the time goes real fast.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just found this thread. I am happy to see there are other people who love exercise. I go to the gym everyday and weight train, aerobics and yoga. If I can't get to the gym for a few days, I feel terrible and don't sleep as well. I guess your body becomes adjusted to the exercise and doesn't function well without it. I don't know how people can live well without exercise or participating in a sport they love.

Archived