Fitness Thread

ledzepfvr

Am considering getting either a Fitbit vs Garmin (running watch) and would love feedback. Would like to be able to track distance, calories, steps, time primarily; not as concerned with sleep tracking, but the synching ability is also very appealing.

I love to walk. Don't even own a driver's licence, never needed one as I either walk, use my bike or public transportation. My favorite track goes through a forest here nearby. Sometimes I run too. Swimming is wonderful, especially in the sea or lake. We have a summerhouse by the sea, we heat up the sauna and swim all night long. I also like to do yoga and pilates. Gym is really not for me. Skiing and skating are a lot of fun in winter.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Gym twice a week. 20 miles on one of their bikes, various machines used for upper body workouts then Swim about half a mile each time as my warm/ wind down. I Ride my bike when the weather is decent ( hate getting soaked on a bike, wheres the fun in that?) I do about 25 miles each time i ride. When i go for walks i do anywhere between 5-8 miles. And after any of those i am shattered. Well and truly F**ked sometimes.

Racing towards 60 next year so i need to stay fit and healthy.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a small family reunion type thing yesterday, and one of my wife's cousins said he had lost almost 100 pounds.  When I asked how, he said by just watching portion sizes and doing more walking and less junk food!  In this age of stomach stapling, was surprising to see someone get amazing results the old fashioned way!

• 2 months later...

I have a pretty fixed fitness routine that I execute about 4 to 5 times, a week. I either jog or speed walk to tunes on my ipod, for about 80 to 100 minutes, out in the open, in fresh air. I also make it a point to always squeeze in some standard push-ups, sit-ups and crunches for about 30 minutes. Sure makes me feel good! :) 

Archived