Fitness Thread

ledzepfvr

I'm a devotee of Pilates w/equipment (reformer & cadillac). It has toned & slimmed me without bulking up and has given me better posture. I'm thankful I found a studio that has great teachers. This past summer I kept fit with all sorts of water activities; now it's back to Pilates,which I'm thinking of integrating with either kick boxing or swimming a few times a week.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using 9 on the incline now. Feels like I'm back in San Francisco. :^)

Good for you redrum!!! I'm up to 10.5 and 3.6 speed. I don't have to spend as much time on that damn thing.

Drop Down: I went to pilates and could not walk well for two days. I am going back because I loved it. I don't think I'll be as sore as I did a lot of stretching beforehand.

I'm using 9 on the incline now. Feels like I'm back in San Francisco. :^)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good for you redrum!!! I'm up to 10.5 and 3.6 speed. I don't have to spend as much time on that damn thing.

Drop Down: I went to pilates and could not walk well for two days. I am going back because I loved it. I don't think I'll be as sore as I did a lot of stretching beforehand.

I stay at 2 on the speed for now and may extend that over time. It's a good workout either way. My recent bloodwork was 'A+' (with some high fives from my doc) but still have slightly high blood pressure. I lost 3 pounds over 6 months. Doesn't sound like much but pick up a 3 pound dumbell and it feels like a lot. My doc was happy about that too. :o)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

as of feb 1st i have lost 18 pounds on my newest diet. last holiday season i sort of messed up and put about 6 lbs on from the 25 i lost last year--- but this is an ongoing process. cutting out all junk food (mickey d's etc) and all sodapop makes it easier. walking 2 miles at lunch break also helps.

as of feb 1st i have lost 18 pounds on my newest diet. last holiday season i sort of messed up and put about 6 lbs on from the 25 i lost last year--- but this is an ongoing process. cutting out all junk food (mickey d's etc) and all sodapop makes it easier. walking 2 miles at lunch break also helps.

well done!

are you following a specific diet?

i am trying to get off sugar - ALL sugar. it is so difficult - for me, anyway :(

Congrats - keep it up, our bodies are a gift, and we should treat them as a temple.

Archived