Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
TRic

Kashmir from Celebration Day on BBC Radio 2

Just saw a tweet put out by @ledzeppelin, a few minutes too late!

ledzeppelin: Hear an exclusive first play of 'Kashmir' from 'Celebration Day' on BBC Radio 2 just after 11 am http://t.co/Idun57Ej @bbcradio2 #ledzep

Did anyone by any chance record it?

Cheers

• our local radio station, the wolf 101.5 fm, has just played Kashmir from the reunion concert and commented on the concert movie.

Edited by feather in the wind

Nope but I've heard it on boot many times over. One of the best versions ever played imo.

Seems like it's going around. Damn I'd love to hear it (saw the film, but still).

Nope but I've heard it on boot many times over. One of the best versions ever played imo.

Oh yeah all the boots definitely, but this would have been the real deal.

Can't wait to hear it! The movie's sound was so clear and I think Robert saved his voice a bit all night just for that song. He really let it wail for that one! :yesnod:

Yet again, I wet my pants a little when I heard it on BBC today. And thanks to the internet, I can listen to it again, but it may be high time (tide?) for an adult diaper at this point.

I certainly haven't heard every 70's Zep bootleg but I've heard a lot of them. If they've ever done a better live Kashmir than the O2 version I don't think I've heard it! Really prefer the Les Paul over the Danelectro for starters...

found myself sitting crying at the pictures when Kashmir came on lol even though i was at The O2

Edited by poortom

Just played it 5 times on the trot....Fantastic.. Though the thing I hate about Radio 2 is that they still have too many plummy voiced presenters, a hangover from years gone by.

Just finished listening to it. Mind=blown. Absolutely brilliant!

Edited by Sue Dounim

So good that a couple of my non-Led Zeppelin fan co-workers just had to stop munching on lunch to listen as well.

Verdict? "That's live? Holy shit!"

Let the conversion begin!

Can't wait to hear it! The movie's sound was so clear and I think Robert saved his voice a bit all night just for that song. He really let it wail for that one! :yesnod:

.....you know.....I'd have never remembered something from the gig that night had you not written just this- because I had completely forgotten thinking to myself that- when Robert first hit that note in Kashmir.....at 2:22......I thought: "this guy paced himself perfectly all night- and now he's just totally letting it FLY".........