New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I plan to get all 9 of them, but have yet to find room. I need to do that soon. ;)

This was the interview that was played on BBC radio 1 Rock Show interview for those who missed it.

https://soundcloud.com/#anon_24/jimmy-page-bbc-radio-1-rock-show-interview-27052014

Tried the link as the interview is there. It wasn't loading properly as I'd get a couple of seconds, it would stop...play again etc. This was the pattern. Never have this with Soundcloud.

I havn't listened to any of the unreleased stuff yet.I'll just buy one deluxe cd set a pay,send the miss us out for the night,crack a bottle and enjoy.As much as i would like the deluxe box sets my turn table is not up to it and i am steeped in poverty.Can't wait.

For a thirty year + defunct band i think that was more than pretty cool.

I think Jim et al need a pat on the back for investing such time and imagination

into music that frankly we all know inside out. I find it thrilling in a way that is absent

in the case of The Stones re releases for example or indeed Pink Floyd's!

Bravo Mr Rapallo

I can't get that link to work. It brings me to a stream of my own music. However, if I use the same link *without* the hashmark, it works OK. Don't know if that'll be true for anyone else, but just in case: https://soundcloud.com/anon_24/jimmy-page-bbc-radio-1-rock-show-interview-27052014

However, if I use the same link *without* the hashmark, it works OK.

Worked for me, thanks!

Watch the new music video for "Whole Lotta Love (Rough Mix With Vocal)," taken from the companion audio of Led Zeppelin II.

that's fantabulous !! is there any chance of WLL having a vinyl 7" release soon then ?

Thanks for posting Sam. Nothing we haven't seen before. I think it's time for them to come up with a new video concept. Fun though.

Actually I think that was a great watch and as innovative as you can be with such limited visual material. The intercutting over so many different eras and performances was fitting, quirky to watch and also in some ways quite moving in the way it integrated performances over such a long timescale.

Big pat on the back to whoever worked on that one!

Actually I think that was a great watch and as innovative as you can be with such limited visual material. The intercutting over so many different eras and performances was fitting, quirky to watch and also in some ways quite moving in the way it integrated performances over such a long timescale.

Maybe it was the same person who did these videos, since they are pretty much the same thing. Traveling Riverside Blues is the best of them all IMHO. My point being, that there is nothing new conceptually in the new WLL video, and I would not be the least bit opposed to something other than another concert mash-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1JAhFAQigY&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-tT62bpYlU&feature=player_detailpage

Edited by The Dark Lord

I agree, and well said, truth and beauty! I thought it was very well done, and I loved the synchronization with the footage. WLL is such an iconic song...how fitting to sync this version to video that spans so much time!

My point being, that there is nothing new conceptually in the new WLL video, and I would not be the least bit opposed to something other than another concert mash-up.

The new one is ok, but I still prefer the original video.

The new one is ok, but I still prefer the original video.

Yes, I forgot about this one. Yet another concert mash-up where the footage doesn't sync all that well with the music. Glad to have them, but like I said, there is an opportunity to follow the Zeppelin business model, and diversify a bit. Conceptually, Traveling Riverside Blues was the only video that I thought was done relatively well, and that is because the supplemental footage was complimentary to the title, and the story, and it was relatively unique at the time.

Edited by The Dark Lord

Love the new WLL video and the alternate version. I too Dark Lord love the Traveling Riverside Blues video. It was for the first box set and basically their first (legitimate) video). It was well done.

In just over four hours, since being posted on YouTube the new WLL video has about 86K views already. Not bad! Some may not want to hear this, but Rolling Stone having it included in their daily news section, probably helped!

Edited by SuperDave

Love the new WLL video and the alternate version. I too Dark Lord love the Traveling Riverside Blues video. It was for the first box set and basically their first (legitimate) video). It was well done.

In just over four hours, since being posted on YouTube the new WLL video has about 86K views already. Not bad! Some may not want to hear this, but Rolling Stone having it included in their daily news section, probably helped!

Understood SuperDave. I just want to be clear to everyone, that I appreciate the new WLL video, and I am thrilled to bits to have it, but in my opinion there is nothing about it that is new or that follows the Zeppelin model of continually evolving. To me, that is a missed opportunity for a band of such stature. But I naturally still enjoy it very much.

Not sure if this has been discussed or not, but I just found that the Super Deluxe Box Sets are selling for $104.99 on Barnes and Noble with free shipping. That's more than $10 cheaper per set than the current price on Amazon.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/led-zeppelin-2-led-zeppelin/27529098?ean=81227964375

I was wondering what price B&N had. I had a large credit at Amazon, making my decision easy. I would be surprised if Amazon's price on Tuesday (shipped price) did NOT drop, at least a little.

Amazon items also have a "tell us about a lower price" link. Maybe that will prod them.

I was wondering what price B&N had. I had a large credit at Amazon, making my decision easy. I would be surprised if Amazon's price on Tuesday (shipped price) did NOT drop, at least a little.

Amazon items also have a "tell us about a lower price" link. Maybe that will prod them.

I have a large amount of credit to Amazon too, which means I'll be reluctantly buying from them at the higher price even if it doesn't go down. I heard somewhere though that B&N is going out of business, so they might be selling at a lower price than Amazon can afford to. I will tell them about the lower price, however, and see what happens.