New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

This might put a stop to those who keep going on about Jimmy supposedly doing nothing. A major project like this must be hugely time consuming for all those concerned, and then there's the press and promotion to deal with. What I have liked about recent projects from Jimmy (IMGL, Celebration Day) is the high quality of the product.

Pleased you are getting the deluxe boxes. The book alone will be a real thrill to see.

I do appreciate how much time and effort Jimmy has put into their production. Besides, if these we're merely bootleg releases I imagine the set of three would be priced at $500.00 or more.

Yes, I big 'thank you' to Sam for making it so easy to order these packages! I went directly to Amazon first, the super deluxe didn't come up and thought what the f*ck am I doing here - just follow the link over at ledzep.com!!! So easy, plus the price has already dropped for me once! :)

:yourock:

We should arrange for Mr Ledhead's purchases to include the bonus of some Prozac. It might cheer him up a bit.

Apart from being rude and disrespectful to the members of Led Zeppelin, some of whom will no doubt be taking a few minutes to assess the response of fans in this very thread, your comments also show a level of genuine immaturity. To say that anything sucks before having heard it; to question the quality of vinyl release before having heard it; and to say that you would have done a better job than Jimmy Page at unearthing material is just ludicrous. I'm not sure why you feel the need to go down this road, but I would encourage you to preserve some of your dignity while you can. As I said before, these are as good as it gets, given what Jimmy had to work with. With respect to your comment about the live material on LZ 1, they recorded this album in something like 18 hours, and were very thrifty about using expensive studio time. There was no spoil of riches for them to draw upon 45 years later. How you look at life is a choice. There is good in most things, including this moment that we fans have waited many years for. Enjoy it.

I hope this isn't off topic but how are the remastered vinyl done? The old analog vinyl sound better than the remastered CD’s. My question is with 24 bit technology is there any difference or discernible sound loss between analog and digital, as there once was? All the new stuff 100% digital?

I've just pre-ordered my Led Zeppelin I, II & III Super Deluxe Edition Boxed Sets. It will cost about $342.00 but the way I see it these are official and I do appreciate how much time and effort Jimmy has put into their production. Besides, if these we're merely bootleg releases I imagine the set of three would be priced at $500.00 or more.

Are you buying in Japan, any "extras"

Yes, I big 'thank you' to Sam for making it so easy to order these packages! I went directly to Amazon first, the super deluxe didn't come up and thought what the f*ck am I doing here - just follow the link over at ledzep.com!!! So easy, plus the price has already dropped for me once! :)

:yourock:

Agree!!!! I couldn't find them on Amazon but easily ordered in 30 seconds with the links on the LZ website! Thanks, Sam, for attending to the details!!

I hope this isn't off topic but how are the remastered vinyl done? The old analog vinyl sound better than the remastered CD’s. My question is with 24 bit technology is there any difference or discernible sound loss between analog and digital, as there once was? All the new stuff 100% digital?

Its really a matter of personal preference when comparing "sound", personally I would never say vinyl sounds better than the remastered CD especially in terms of dynamic range.

What happen too Sugar Mama and Sunshine Women?

We shall see with these.

Perhaps, "Sugar Mama" may make it on to the Coda remasters and not sure about "Sunshine Woman" as that's from the BBC sessions. Who knows!

Anyone know if the remasters are the same as the "Mastered for iTunes" versions that were released about a year ago?

They are, more or less. The mastering engineer John Davis confirmed it on twitter sometime last year. The tweets were discovered a couple months ago by Melcórë http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/18626-new-box-sets-including-unreleased-material/?p=744014

Can someone explain why the cost in Australia (I went via Sam's link and was sent to JB Hi Fi's site?), for the Super Deluxe Sets are $219 each?

I read that someone on here have paid 70 quid per set and $340 for the lot by SAJ.

Price gouging?

l know the Super Deluxe set is going for $114.00 here in the U.S.

We shall see with these.

Perhaps, "Sugar Mama" may make it on to the Coda remasters and not sure about "Sunshine Woman" as that's from the BBC sessions. Who knows!

Coda is going to be one hell of a album if all our wishes end up coming true. :thumbsup:

They are, more or less. The mastering engineer John Davis confirmed it on twitter sometime last year. The tweets were discovered a couple months ago by Melcórë http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/18626-new-box-sets-including-unreleased-material/?p=744014

If these are the same remasters, it's strange that they took so long to release these sets. I'm sure that remastering everything was the hardest and most time-consuming part. I highly doubt that it took them over a year to sort through all of the bonus material.

The HD download card thing is erm useful ? just in case people like me mistake it for a coaster, not that I would of course/

I love downloading HD tracks and putting them on my iPhone. Since I have no real use for vinyl, the only reason I'd buy the Super Deluxe sets would be for the HD download cards. If you don't want yours, I'd be happy to buy them ;)

I just ordered the Super Deluxe set - all three $340. Yes, thanks Sam for making it so easy :thumbsup:

Reggie, ^^ maybe I can order for you so you get the $114 cost?? We can try ....PM me my friend :peace:

Cheers, Deb! :peace:

Can someone explain why the cost in Australia (I went via Sam's link and was sent to JB Hi Fi's site?), for the Super Deluxe Sets are $219 each?

I read that someone on here has paid 70 quid per set and $340 for the lot by SAJ.

Price gouging?

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/support.aspx?q=Led Zeppelin&source=artist

Hey Reggie

For us Aussies, it's cheaper via amazon to buy the Super Deluxe and Deluxe albums even with shipping, all the rest is viable via JBHiFi, maybe because of their weight to ship to Australia and JB needing to make a profit which tells me there's no distributor here in Australia for Atlantic, that's my reasoning unless JB's prices drop like amazon as time progresses.

I have my order in for all 3 Super Deluxe sets and can't wait for them to be released. IMO the oveall package looks fantastic and I can't wait to hear the vinyl. I am sure these will exceed expectations (well for most of us).,

What is wrong with people like you? We still have months until these albums are released, and they're only three of nine! Who knows what bonus tracks we'll get with Physical Graffitti alone?! These reissues have just been officially announced today and you're already complaining.

There certainly are a few ungrateful people floating around. How can one slam something without hearing it? Blows my mind.

Archived